The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unashamed Geek
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking :s-smilie:

i think he/she means did you do AS geography :smile:
Reply 2921
Hmm did anyone try and see progress of their accommodation application for some hints as to whether they got their firm or not. I tried it and it still says "submitted" :frown: Has anyone tried this in the past; do they process your accommodation just before the results day?
Reply 2922
If someone has an unconditional offer does that mean that their results mean nothing to the university they're applying to?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by x0x
If someone has an unconditional offer does that mean that their results mean nothing to the university they're applying to?

Yes, or more likely, they have already finished their A-Levels and applied with their final results.
Reply 2924
Original post by PythianLegume
Yes, or more likely, they have already finished their A-Levels and applied with their final results.

Is it really hard to get an unconditional offer in your opinion if you haven't received your a level results yet?
Reply 2925
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
How I wish mine was real though :daydreaming:

After all, 90 UMS is quite something :wink:
Guys, I would advise that you practice logging into track, just to avoid complications on results day.

I forgot my track password, so I have to reset it now :teehee:
Reply 2927
I'm scared too, i'm trying to put it off. I took geography, psychology, English lang/lit and ICT. I plan to drop ICT soon, cause I found it too boring and hard. I love geography and I want to try and get A* in that subject and I want to study it at uni.
Reply 2928
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Haha, I'm practising lucid dreaming for this reason. Luckily I haven't had a results day themed dream nightmare yet but I bet it's all going to start this week

Don't worry they'll come! I had my first one just recently despite stressing every day since June
Good luck with your next nightmare!:tongue:
Original post by SyedaK
Well, anythings possible when you're Itachi. Well, I'm currently doing the reanimation jitsu on Albert Einstein. I'm gonna need him for next years exam!

Okay, do the same with Darwin , so he can help me with this Biodiversity stuff, and with all those Chemistry dudes aswell ahaha
Reply 2930
Original post by xxrebeccabexixx
people are always trying to relax me

"as long as you tried your best, thats all you can do"

"it wont be the end of the world"

"your life wont over if you dont get in to your firm"

"everything that happens, happens for a reason"

yeah..... THAT DOESN'T HELP ME!!!

SHUT UP! LET ME CRAWL INTO A HOLE AND GET OUT WHEN MY RESULTS ARE OUT, STOP TALKING!

It's okay, babe. It's not the end of the world -- all that matters is that you tried your best. Not getting into your firm doesn't necessarily mean that it's all over for you; everything happens for a reason.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by x0x
Is it really hard to get an unconditional offer in your opinion if you haven't received your a level results yet?

Pretty much no-one these days gets unconditional offers without results. I've certainly never heard of it happening to a 17/18-year-old student in recent years.
Original post by tgwktm
I'm scared too, i'm trying to put it off. I took geography, psychology, English lang/lit and ICT. I plan to drop ICT soon, cause I found it too boring and hard. I love geography and I want to try and get A* in that subject and I want to study it at uni.

Same what unis? :biggrin:
Original post by ntc1995
Are we gonna get our result exactly at 9 in the morning on the 15th of August ?

official time is 8am, more likely 7/7.30ish
Ugh, I had a dream last night about results.

A* in Maths, B in German, C in Design.

I take English, Psychology and History...

...and I'm pretty sure 'Design' isn't even an A Level.

O_o Damn dreams.
Original post by x0x

pretty much impossible
Original post by bunny96
Don't worry they'll come! I had my first one just recently despite stressing every day since June
Good luck with your next nightmare!:tongue:

I'm looking forward to it (not) :cry:
Original post by Zhy
It's okay, babe. It's not the end of the world -- all that matters is that you tried your best. Not getting into your firm doesn't necessarily mean that it's all over for you; everything happens for a reason.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

haha, appreciate the humor :smile:
Had my first results day dream last night. I dreamt I got 31/90 for a chemistry resit (OCR F324) that I thought had gone well irl and a couple E's and G's and that I hadn't met my offer.

I also dreamt that I got a couple of D's, but also that the word 'deuce' was written in place of the letter D :lolwut: I think my brain is trying to tell me something...
Original post by PythianLegume
Pretty much no-one these days gets unconditional offers without results. I've certainly never heard of it happening to a 17/18-year-old student in recent years.

5 people in my year got unconditionals for Birmingham university this year for economics!

Latest