The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Why has nobody picked up on this? Valencia releases the no.7 shirt, Moyes says your close to a new signing. All points to CR7 coming back :rolleyes:

Its more likely to be Fellaini who was apparently left out of Everton's game today
Why has nobody picked up on this? Valencia releases the no.7 shirt, Moyes says your close to a new signing. All points to CR7 coming back :rolleyes:

Is a bit suspicious. I think we're just getting ready for Scholes come January
Original post by qasidb
I hope Januzaj gets the no. 7 shirtt. Just like when Ronaldo was given the shirt, he's showing bags of potential. He could really live up to be a United legend.

I wouldn't give him the number seven shirt. Sure he's had a promising pre-season but not enough to warrant the number seven jersey, important not to get too carried away.

On Ronaldo - my brother joked it could be that but not for me. Valencia relinquished the jersey and it seems more than likely that the new signing (Fellaini) will get it or they might leave it till next summer.
Moyes post match comments were class, made the media look like mugs :biggrin:

I still think Rooney is staying as well.
Was it just me or did Valencia play better without wearing the number 7 shirt today? Maybe Zaha starting in the first team put some pressure on him to put in a decent performance.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Was it just me or did Valencia play better without wearing the number 7 shirt today? Maybe Zaha starting in the first team put some pressure on him to put in a decent performance.

he did okay when he came on I thought, hopefully the shirt number change has him back to his best, he was excellent for us in 2009/2010 and 2011/2012.
Original post by Aky786UK
I wouldn't give him the number seven shirt. Sure he's had a promising pre-season but not enough to warrant the number seven jersey, important not to get too carried away.

On Ronaldo - my brother joked it could be that but not for me. Valencia relinquished the jersey and it seems more than likely that the new signing (Fellaini) will get it or they might leave it till next summer.

They can't give it to Fellaini - he plays CM/CDM FFS. Number 7 is for wingers/strikers.
Original post by SciFiRory
I rate him, though I don't really rate any of your or Arsenal's CM's more than what we have now so really just picked one for the sake of it.

Wilshere beats all of your midfielders bar carrick ffs. :rofl:
I don't get why he's under the radar.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321

1. you were facing wigan.
2. Valencia was still ****, misplaced crosses, indecisiveness, being unable to take on his man. He's still horrible. Disappointing tbh but I think the guy needs an extensive dropping period. Like a good month without PL games.
Original post by That Bearded Man
They can't give it to Fellaini - he plays CM/CDM FFS. Number 7 is for wingers/strikers.

Hmm, guess so but still wouldn't surprise me if they did to try and make out Fellaini is a major signing and to give a player confidence who wasn't a primary target. It might be more a case of giving the number to the player for confidence purposes but had they signed Fabregas then he would have got the jersey but unless they are signing Ronaldo (no chance) then I imagine it'll remain dormant till next summer.
Original post by That Bearded Man

To be fair, one of the greatest number sevens was a midfielder (Robson).

I wouldn't be surprised.
Original post by jam277

Maybe cause he's injured most of the time but I admit he is one of the best when he's fully fit.
Reply 8292
If CR7 was coming back Ancelotti wouldn't be playing him in pre-season.
Original post by jam277

Even Ramsey on current form would get into the United team to partner Carrick. Midfield is Arsenals strongest area and has been for quite a while, how can people be oblivious to that.
Original post by jam277
1. you were facing wigan.
2. Valencia was still ****, misplaced crosses, indecisiveness, being unable to take on his man. He's still horrible. Disappointing tbh but I think the guy needs an extensive dropping period. Like a good month without PL games.

Wigan can beat anyone on their day so their not that bad a team as you're making out to be. But yes today they looked out of it.

I thought for the first time today he wasn't indecisively and actually took the ball forward on quite a few occasions without a end product I must say. But it was defiantly an improvement from his last game where he seemed lost.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KingJonno12

The guy who called Van Persie to United is still at it. He faked putting a bet on Cristiano to Chelsea a couple months ago to drive down the odds of Cristiano to United, the bet he actually made.

Just saying.
Bloody hell. Do United fans seriously still think Ronaldo is coming back? There's no chance, not currently anyway.
Original post by charlie9872
Bloody hell. Do United fans seriously still think Ronaldo is coming back? There's no chance, not currently anyway.

I thought it was impossible at the start of the transfer window. Now? Let's just say, I wouldn't be surprised if it did somehow happen. The player Moyes is talking about is probably Fellaini though.

Original post by charlie9872

No, most of us recognise that fact that a return is unlikely. The slim piece of hope that we have will likely be crushed when he signs an extension with madrid soon.
Reply 8299
Even Ramsey on current form would get into the United team to partner Carrick. Midfield is Arsenals strongest area and has been for quite a while, how can people be oblivious to that.

You mean the two spaniards that can't get into Spain's starting 11, that young Englishman who's injured for most of the season and that Welshman your own fans boo during home games?

Latest