The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by needtosucceed=)
ohhh that sucks :/ but u dont need a graphical calculator for chemistry?
ahh well I hope youve done better! well last june i got a C, then i resat in january and got a high A :smile: but my final unit5 exam was a killer so i'm not sure if i've done enough for an overall A grade :frown:

Yea you do. You have to use it when you're solving integrated rate equations, setting up and solving second order differential equations and interpolating Hess' law with reference to Avogadro's constant! What exam board are you doing!?!
ohhh that sucks :/ but u dont need a graphical calculator for chemistry?
ahh well I hope youve done better! well last june i got a C, then i resat in january and got a high A :smile: but my final unit5 exam was a killer so i'm not sure if i've done enough for an overall A grade :frown:

i had one scientific calculator for the exam and it broke,so i used a standard, thoroughly basic calc which was a pocket one literally.Thankyou i'm hoping too - i'm awaiting F322 as well - desperately need an A in both at least :smile:,what did you get on F322 ? ah i've heard - OCR like to make exams hard! Good luck though,I hope you get your A :smile:
Ohhh i see. what does inr stand for?
that's good of them, i expect its only a few that are given this?
what do you mean who arent the exam type?

Probably one every few years. They're geniuses; too smart for exams and a levels and find it boring, so they don't bother revising all this unnecessary crap.
Reply 3123
Original post by ve_1995
Nah because I want to go to a different city, since I've been living in Cambridge all my life. Also I doubt I would get into the university! haha. I'm hoping to go to York

The first reason is quite a bad one:biggrin: Unless you'd apply to Oxford, but then you'd have to pay for accommodation.
Fair enough with the second one though, and tbh, you never know, so you might get into Cambridge - then you save accommodation money(which I guess only applies if you're paying:cool:)
Reply 3124
Original post by tooambitious
free cupcake if you get an A at A level, from Patisserie Valerie: http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/a-level-cupcake-2013.aspx

good luck everyone!

Mmm... tasty :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3125
Ohhh i see. what does inr stand for?
that's good of them, i expect its only a few that are given this?
what do you mean who arent the exam type?

You might be familiar with ikr then - I Know Right (I thought ikr sounds pretentious) - I'm implying Oxbridge also have exceptional students, given the standard of most applicants anyway...
Reply 3126
Original post by annadorts
Any Bristol firmers?

Yeah, firmed for experimental psychology, what about you?
Original post by venenecinema
Here, firmed law. Need AAA :frown:

Same here but for maths, I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!
Original post by Sannn
Yeah, firmed for experimental psychology, what about you?

Maths :smile: Hope all goes to plan on thursday!
Original post by ve_1995
Haha yes, I wrote so much! We had a question on Frankenstein and a question on one of Yeats' poems (we'd studied 14 of his poems and in the exam there was a question on one of the 14, but you also had to make links to his other poems). What about you? :smile:

Oh is that the search for identity thing? I had to do WW1 literature, we had Wilfred Owen like you had Yeats. How much did you get done? :L
Original post by krishkmistry
i had one scientific calculator for the exam and it broke,so i used a standard, thoroughly basic calc which was a pocket one literally.Thankyou i'm hoping too - i'm awaiting F322 as well - desperately need an A in both at least :smile:,what did you get on F322 ? ah i've heard - OCR like to make exams hard! Good luck though,I hope you get your A :smile:

ohhh right that sucks :/ was the june paper a lot harder then?
last june i got 110ums in f322 which was a B, about 3marks off an A. resat this june and hoping to get a high A :smile:
you too, let me know how you do!
PM me during october/whenever your gonna send ur ucas off if you want help with the kings interview/any others/personal statement help :smile:
Original post by tooambitious
free cupcake if you get an A at A level, from Patisserie Valerie: http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/a-level-cupcake-2013.aspx

good luck everyone!

Typical that the closest one to me's about 100 miles away. :lol: Not that I'm expecting any As. :tongue:
Original post by Tom_green_day
Oh is that the search for identity thing? I had to do WW1 literature, we had Wilfred Owen like you had Yeats. How much did you get done? :L

What exam board is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3133
Original post by Tuya
The first reason is quite a bad one:biggrin: Unless you'd apply to Oxford, but then you'd have to pay for accommodation.
Fair enough with the second one though, and tbh, you never know, so you might get into Cambridge - then you save accommodation money(which I guess only applies if you're paying:cool:)

Haha I know, but I want to live away from home for a while :smile: And I just don't think I'll get the grades to go to Oxbridge anyway.

Hopeful Chemist here, need AAA!
ohhh right that sucks :/ was the june paper a lot harder then?
last june i got 110ums in f322 which was a B, about 3marks off an A. resat this june and hoping to get a high A :smile:
you too, let me know how you do!
PM me during october/whenever your gonna send ur ucas off if you want help with the kings interview/any others/personal statement help :smile:

aw well my personal statement is sorted already ( i can send it you privately to have a read if you wish but thankyou so much and good luck to you! :smile: did you get an offer for kings btw ?
Grade boundaries are released in the next few days, fingers crossed they're really nice :argh:

I am actually looking forward to looking at the grade boundaries for an exam I never took (Edexcel C3) The amount of complaints that exam got has got me interested in it :lol:
Original post by Padouken
Yea you do. You have to use it when you're solving integrated rate equations, setting up and solving second order differential equations and interpolating Hess' law with reference to Avogadro's constant! What exam board are you doing!?!

we never needed them, I had one cause I did maths but a lot of other students in my class had normal scientific ones and they were fine. all we used them for was multiplication+divison etc, nothing else :s-smilie: OCR, what board are you?
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Hopeful Chemist here, need AAA!

Bristol?

Ha, thanks, I'm not getting my hopes up though. Thankfully I'd also be happy with my insurance which is just AAB.
Are you relying on getting into Bristol or do you also have an insurance that you'd like to attend?

Latest