Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
Original post by printergirl
Yukky! I'm not a fan, I quite like the veggie feast from dominoes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You veggie?
My fav too.
Original post by krishkmistry
oh wow good luck for thursday then,and who knows i might even see you in a couple of years! :smile: I'm planning to firm Kings too if i get the requirements to do pharmacy,which are AAB :smile:

thanks!! yea might see u next september :tongue:
what other unis you thinking of applying to?
also I saw on your profile dentistrys an option too?
Reply 3162
Original post by Bulbasaur
3 days and 9 hours till I get my results. That's 81 hours. Which is a square number. Which means we're another milestone closer to finding out. Oh god. Before we know it, it'll only be 64 hours!

Every passing second is a milestone!
Working 9hrs for the next three days, going to physically exhaust myself, so come Wednesday night, I'll be too tired and sleep like a baby hopefully...

Posted from TSR Mobile
3 days and 9 hours till I get my results. That's 81 hours. Which is a square number. Which means we're another milestone closer to finding out. Oh god. Before we know it, it'll only be 64 hours!

I remember you! Geography applicant? *scrawls username down so he remembers to ask how results go*

Best of luck:yy:

Bulbasaur :coma:
Reply 3165
Original post by SoRo
Anyone psychology or university of birmingham firmers?

I have firmed birmingham! Nervous...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuya
Usually the standard application process reveals them. And I think those smart people wouldn't make a huge deal of being that smart - usually because they don't know it, until an interviewer finds out.

oo that sounds interesting, must be a nice surprise for the candidate then :cool:
Reply 3167
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
...I mean...who really cares about results anyway... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do:frown:
Reply 3168
Original post by kingdoo
OK I have a question about AQA geography. I have just done the AS exam and an A is 63% which to me is really low. Is this the same for the A2 or is it much higher?

It is kind of low at A2 - an A in the 40 mark essay was something crazy like 24 at one point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3169
Original post by Infamous12
Does anyone know why universities will sometimes reduce the offer for certain people? E.G. A course that requires AAB will be offered to someone for ABB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're contextualized offers which take into account the background of the applicant e.g. low-income family, poorly performing school
I had my first memorable results dream, but I never actually got my results. I dreamt I was at school at 8am on the dot, which required getting up at 6am and I was pissed off and speed walking because I wanted to be in and out. As I was making my way to the office to get my results, a big ass snake landed around my neck, and I was like... I haven't got time for this! The snake was staring me in the eyeballs, and daring me to scream. I think it may have been a python? It was yellow and white with black eyes and long and heavy. So I took it off me and placed it on the floor while still watching it, then I backed up towards the entrance of myschool only to back up against a wall of scales. It was the same snake but only like, 20ft tall and huge and wide, and I was trying not to look at it. I was still maintaining eye contact with the first snake while inching around the other snake. Then I backed up slowly until I was safe, then ran out the school without getting my results :/

Tbh, I'm now at the point where I'm hoping the colour of my skin will help get me into my firm uni, since they were bragging about diversity but when I went to the open day, me and my mum were the only black people there :eek:. Also, my firm has like 70% girls and 30% boys, so if I was a guy then I'm basically set. I also want the fact that I'm so far doing a creative degree which I haven't seen anyone else doing, to factor into their decision, but honestly, my predicted grades were BCC and they want BBC which I know I can get, but I'm not going to stop worrying since this is a life changing period and I want to give results day the fear it deserves.

My mum is freaking me out though. I expressed my fears to her about results day, and she told me that I'm going to my firm uni, she has seen it in my future and I don't need to worry about a thing... Which of course made me wonder if she had connections I don't know about or if she's about to pull something out of her sleeve which would get me into my firm o.O
Original post by needtosucceed=)
thanks!! yea might see u next september :tongue:
what other unis you thinking of applying to?
also I saw on your profile dentistrys an option too?

dentistry may be an option if results go insanely better than i expect but i feel i've got too much pharmaceutical experience to not go into pharmacy but i'm thinking of KCL,UCL,reading,aston and UEA :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I remember you! Geography applicant? *scrawls username down so he remembers to ask how results go*

Best of luck:yy:

Bulbasaur :coma:

Yes I am, thank you! :biggrin: Need A*AA for Cam. Aren't you the year 11 who's doing A2 maths and getting an A*?

Good luck to you too! :tongue:
Reply 3173
Original post by jodyspelling
5 people in my year got unconditionals for Birmingham university this year for economics!

I think Birmingham are doing unconditionals this year to make their offer more appealing --> attracting more students to put them as firm
Reply 3174
Yes I am, thank you! :biggrin: Need A*AA for Cam. Aren't you the year 11 who's doing A2 maths and getting an A*?

I'll go out on a limb - Emma college?
dentistry may be an option if results go insanely better than i expect but i feel i've got too much pharmaceutical experience to not go into pharmacy but i'm thinking of KCL,UCL,reading,aston and UEA :smile:

you gotta do the ukcat for dentistry too right? have you been revising/looking at it?
well just go with whatever your more interested in :smile: you could always apply for dentistry then have pharmacy as a back up :smile:
ah cool I applied to ucl as well, preferred kings though lol.
do you live in london?

Bulbasaur seems perfectly suited to Cambridge :h: Torterra though :moon:

Pssssssht, I wish :colone: I can't wait for results now! I want to plan next years exams if I need to redo C4:lol:

This is getting scary now :eek:
Original post by Tuya
I'll go out on a limb - Emma college?

I'd probably guess Fitzwilliam?
i mean,BBB is a little unlikely as I'm expecting higher but basically i'm planning on applying to kings college london.So far I'm on my 3rd draft on my personal statement already and it's sharp apparently.I also have a lot of experience in working in a pharmacy as I've worked in two comm. pharmacies and a hospital whilst currently working in one right now with a qualification in being a counter assistant.It's a lot but i want to know if i can at least get an interview even though my grades might not meet the requirement :smile:

I see no reason why not. I'd imagine you'll be predicted at least AAB if you show your inclination to succeed in classes - as your teachers should have no problem in predicting that you'll do even better than BBB!

So I think you should at least be interviewed, if not get a few offers from your universities.

Latest