The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
Any song recommendations for this damsel in distress?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:dontknow: I associate squirtle with imperial:redface:

WJEC :colone: my C4 was an absolute bitch (rumours from examiner of 30-40 marks for a C, so hoping A* boundary is low too) but my C3 only had one hard (functions :mad:) question!

Which A2s did you do? Is there a subject specific A*?

Well that's certainly interesting :tongue:

Oh oops, for some reason I thought I'd seen you on the edexcel threads. Ah nevermind. Wow, that's very low, hope you got what you wanted. I mean, you could always resit if you had to, doing C3 and C4 in year 11 is no mean feat.

Geography, History and Maths. No subject specific A* thankfully, and maths looks like my most likely one (although it's possible I could get an A* in none, or all). I think maths hands out a very large proportion of A*s (like 19%) compared to history and geography (around 6%) so I'm quite glad I took up maths. What have you picked for your A levels?
Original post by cs95
It is kind of low at A2 - an A in the 40 mark essay was something crazy like 24 at one point!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the AS/A2 content. I did cold environments/global health/rivers and population. I have no idea how it went although I think all the 15 markers went well. Good luck to you:biggrin:

What did you do for A2 and what did you get at AS:wink:
Gosh! Im so scared of having to go into clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cyclohexane
Is this Biology? I don't do it, but I know those at my college were complaining about EMPAs getting marked down before, or something?

Bloody hell I hope they aren't marked down, ill only have literally about 7 marks anyway!
am dreading results day :frown: need AAB and dont think i've done it, messed up my psyb4 exam and the biology f215 one :/ i hate the wait til results, the last couple of days always drags so bad, and then i always wake up at 6am and can get my results at 6.30am so thats the longest half hour ever, so will be ten times worse this year :frown:
if i miss by one grade and don't get in, is there any chance of writing to or ringing the uni to convince them to take me? or would it not be worth it?
Reply 3206
Original post by Tom_green_day
6/7 sides for each? Wow! I only got about 3! :eek: Well the annoying thing about WW1 is that for the whole year my teacher was like 'this is probably the question that will come up, you should really work on this question and this poem' and in the exam, that question came up. The problem? I didn't read it and did the other one -.- oh well, will be fine :L Frankenstein sounds really interesting! I guess if you love Jane Eyre though the change could be annoying :\ Yeah I'm carrying it on, what about you?

Yes, see I ramble too much! This is actually one of my biggest problems. I really struggled with the word limit for the coursework. We couldn't go over 2000 words, but my first draft was about 2900....eventually I managed to cut it down to exactly 2000, but it was a challenge! Haha. Aahh omg! Well if you think it will be fine then I'm sure it will! It's best to remain positive about it I guess :smile: Cool, yup I'm carrying on. I think the course will be good next year, we're studying a bit of Shakespeare I think and I like reading plays so it should be good :smile: What course are you planning on taking at uni?
Original post by lauraaaaa
Bloody hell I hope they aren't marked down, ill only have literally about 7 marks anyway!

I didn't mean to alarm you :smile:
They just seem so much more hassle than the ISAs :tongue:
Original post by Jim_Taylor
This is getting scary now :eek:

image.jpg
Reply 3209
Original post by Bulbasaur
Nope, fitzwilliam XD do you have an offer/are you applying next year?

Haha, why's that?

Yeah, you're on Edexcel right? C4 wasn't too hard but a few questions were so easy to make silly mistakes on - annoying. I'm sure you did well enough though :biggrin:

Prospective 2014 Engineer! Maybe Trinity, maybe Emma.
I just knew a geographer going to Emma from my school, hence I asked lol:colondollar:
Original post by bunny96
Any song recommendations for this damsel in distress?

"I've . . . had . . . the time of my liiife, and now it's all over because of AQA."
Original post by Bulbasaur
Well that's certainly interesting :tongue:

Oh oops, for some reason I thought I'd seen you on the edexcel threads. Ah nevermind. Wow, that's very low, hope you got what you wanted. I mean, you could always resit if you had to, doing C3 and C4 in year 11 is no mean feat.

Geography, History and Maths. No subject specific A* thankfully, and maths looks like my most likely one (although it's possible I could get an A* in none, or all). I think maths hands out a very large proportion of A*s (like 19%) compared to history and geography (around 6%) so I'm quite glad I took up maths. What have you picked for your A levels?

:ahee:

:nah: C3 I won't have to I don't think, C4 MAYBE, only.time will tell :tongue:

I love history!:eek: it's amazing... Hopefully get the A in the AS in a few days, can't take it to A2 though:frown:

Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, French and Geography :smile: (With Welsh Baccalaureate :mad: and maybe Spanish AS in yr13)
Original post by Sallay
I don't want to find out now, but as soon as I finished my exams I wanted to know. Need someone to chloroform me on Wednesday night, that's the only way I'll sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Allow me
Reply 3213
Original post by Flowerii
I tried that, but it's not letting me log in!
Noooo, Southampton! Don't delete me from your system! :cry2: :crazy:

Dw. I think they dish out accommodation offers after the results day. Let's hope :crossedf:
My ingenious plan: cook cookies on the Wednesday. They'll either work as consolation food or celebration food on the Thursday. It cannot fail.
Reply 3215
Original post by Flowerii
"I've . . . had . . . the time of my liiife, and now it's all over because of AQA."

Hahahaha, don't forget OCR too :smile:
Original post by Zaphod77
My ingenious plan: cook cookies on the Wednesday. They'll either work as consolation food or celebration food on the Thursday. It cannot fail.

You could burn them, putting you in a foul mood regardless of your results
Original post by Padouken
Bristol?

Yep :smile: Is Bristol your firm too?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TauMuon
You could burn them, putting you in a foul mood regardless of your results

Are you doubting my cooking skills! :eek: Haha, if I did that that would make me sad :frown:
Reply 3219
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ABBC, a in business, b's in bio+chem, c in maths.

you thinking of applying to pharmacy?

yeah im applying to pharmacy for defintite :smile: hopefully I get the as grades on thursday

Latest