The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gary
Does anyone know what ucas track will say when you have met your offer for your firm choice?

atm it says something like (conditional - firmly accepted), what will it say if you had met your offer on the day?

From conditional to unconditional :wink:
I'm gonna be rude and jump right into the conversation....so what are we talking about @@?
Reply 3282
Original post by emilyful
Do applicants get a notification as to whether they succeeded in getting into their chosen university at midnight on 15th August, or is that just a myth?

Myth. You should get an email at 8.10 AM or so if you are accepted by your firm or insurance or rejected by both. If you're case is undecided yet no email.
Original post by Gary
Does anyone know what ucas track will say when you have met your offer for your firm choice?

atm it says something like (conditional - firmly accepted), what will it say if you had met your offer on the day?

Usually when you log in, you get a welcome message that says something like:

Congratulations, your place at the University of East Anglia (e.g.)to study Chemistry has been confirmed. Then once you go to see your choices in track, you will be able to see whether your firm/insurance says 'unconditional', which means you have got in!
Original post by Gary

It'll say something like Congratulations! Your place at x University (CODE) to study Subject (CODE) has been confirmed
Reply 3285
Just went into extreme panic mode.
Just before bed time too....
:frown:
Original post by kath_igidbashian
This is an excellent idea, making them on Wed will also help keep me busy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Precisely, I needed something to do on Wednesday to keep me distracted xD If I'm lucky they'll even taste good on the Thursday! :tongue:
Original post by DavidM95
Just went into extreme panic mode.
Just before bed time too....
:frown:

you're NOT ALONE!!!~ I'm with you this time, I'm getting mini heart attack every time when i imagine opening that envelop !
Reply 3288
Original post by Divergent
From conditional to unconditional :wink:

Original post by James A

Congratulations, your place at the University of East Anglia (e.g.)to study Chemistry has been confirmed. Then once you go to see your choices in track, you will be able to see whether your firm/insurance says 'unconditional', which means you have got in!

Original post by mahjongmagic
It'll say something like Congratulations! Your place at x University (CODE) to study Subject (CODE) has been confirmed

cheers!!
gonna refresh the page every minute from midnight lol
Reply 3289
Original post by Charli41
I'm an Oxford hopeful :smile: so in the same boat :smile: I get my results via email...wish I got an envelope...then I could get a friend to open it for me :biggrin:

Different part of the boat though:frown:
I'm screwed without a UMS I'm looking for (around 95) while you *only* need straight A grades...
If you want to see how last year's lot reacted (including me! :O ) here's the thread from last year just as Track opens http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2083689&page=86
Anyone getting A's result? (I mean it's not AS important, but still) anyone??
Reply 3292
Original post by awkwardusername
A2 forces you to revise a load of theories and stuff, which was a nightmare!
But when I was revising, the ONLY thing I revised was theories (I summarised each one into a line and just made sure I knew that) and I got an A in it :smile:
Feminism is pretty important I think (we got a question about that by itself on the January 2013 paper, so I can't imagine it'll be exclusively asked about again!)
And make sure you understand representation and new media technologies cause they'll definitely come up! The new media stuff is good, it's everything you'll use on a daily basis (I went on a massive rant about the important of the red button, hahaha)

Haha thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to go back to this post
Reply 3293
Original post by dream996
you're NOT ALONE!!!~ I'm with you this time, I'm getting mini heart attack every time when i imagine opening that envelop !

I think reading forum posts is making me feel worse!
I need to take my mind off results :frown:
Reply 3294
Original post by Tuya
Different part of the boat though:frown:
I'm screwed without a UMS I'm looking for (around 95) while you *only* need straight A grades...

Lol these boat references are great, I'm a sailor :biggrin: Oxford can be Starboard, whilst Cambridge is Port :biggrin:

Very true, but tbh in the subjects I'm expecting As, I expect high UMS, it's my German I'm worried about..think I've got a C/D in which case no Oxford anyway.

P.S Sailing on Starboad you have right of way :wink:
Reply 3295
Original post by dream996
Anyone getting A's result? (I mean it's not AS important, but still) anyone??

Do you mean AS? If yes then I am! And there's many others!
Reply 3296
Original post by James A

Original post by mahjongmagic

wait... does it say that for both firm and insurance? or only firm?

does it say that if you miss your firm choice? and says congrats to your insurance choice... if that makes sense
It would be in the format: (where red varies)

Congratulations! Your place at The University of Nottingham (N84) to study Pharmacy (B230) has been confirmed.

So you'll know if you got in or not before even checking your choices!
Original post by DavidM95
I think reading forum posts is making me feel worse!
I need to take my mind off results :frown:

YES REPLY~~~~~

Well, Food + Movie + people are the best home remedies!
I'm planning to play movies non-stop til I get those results in hands!
Toy Story1,2,3 Shrek 1,2,3,4... and monster inc then finding NEMO ...any disneyland movie would do the trick haha GOD I'm turing 18 this year .... (awkward)
Yes... sorry, don't know why I putted A's
whatcha getting?

Latest