The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Are you fluent in French?:teeth:

Yeah, I saw that!:biggrin: you said loads :sly: :mmm:

I don't look too bad for a nerd ay!:wink: (Joking!)

Oui... no I'm not at all. I know enough to get by. Annoyed my family by refusing to take A level french XD I know enough to get by speaking, but writing I'm pretty pretty terrible!!

Haha, no you don't look bad at all! Go nerds :dance:
My type is usually nerds...... but I feel like a paedo saying that.. considering your young.. and i'm old. haha. XD

Which A levels are you waiting for?
Original post by venenecinema
Why was it a bad idea?

Reading other people's responses to getting their results, whether good or bad, just makes me more nervous!

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well you've quoted me ---> conversation shall happen, you'll be on my list soon!

I like your username :tongue: what are you waiting for?:smile:

I'm honoured. :teehee: And thank you!
A2s (English Lit, English Lang, Philosophy, Psychology) - I need A*AA but am concerned that the pesky star will elude me. But la la la la la not thinking about that right now. :tongue: Yourself?
Reply 3362
All my friends just yelled at me for counting down on twitter so I guess I'm just gonna hide away at TSR where the only past-time is counting down
HOW CAN YOU NOT COUNT DOWN I HAVE IT AS A GADGET ON MY LAPTOP DESKTOP
Anyone holding medicine offers?
Reply 3364
Original post by Ndella
Summer homework and Netflix :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much summer homework did you get? I have to complete a whole unit and it sucks!

Original post by miss.ce.0x
Sleeping and then switching between my emails and social networking sites! I think from today, I'm going to be more productive...

You shouldn't have said 'sleeping' now I'm falling asleep but I need to finish watching a episode.
Original post by OwlPatronus
Reading other people's responses to getting their results, whether good or bad, just makes me more nervous!

I'm honoured. :teehee: And thank you!
A2s (English Lit, English Lang, Philosophy, Psychology) - I need A*AA but am concerned that the pesky star will elude me. But la la la la la not thinking about that right now. :tongue: Yourself?

I just made the mistake of reading it as well and I get what you mean. Such a crazy number of people got 3 or 4 A*s!
Original post by paul.dirac121

My bf is. I really don't think he's got his grades though :frown:
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Is it? I've been told aqa econ gets so hard at A2 I'm unsure whether to take it next year and I'm not the best at writing exams, prefer calculation or chem type questions.
I'm so worried about all the crosses I had to put on my objective test though because I put the right answer but I have crosses where I put in the wrong answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I suppose it partially tends on what you're good at, as you say if you're better with calculations and the shorter questions then it might not be for you as there's only about one calculation worth about 5 marks at A2 :tongue:
It is very essay orientated which is why I like it I guess, I'm much better at writing essays

Hmm, well it's just a coloured in circle for your correct answers isn't it? The examiners can figure out the difference :smile:
I know this has probably been asked but I've been following this thread and I can't remember if anyone actually answered it but:

On results day, if UCAS still says "conditional" next to your firm choice (for arguments sake, say you don't have an insurance cause it saves confusion) but yeah it says "conditional" next to your firm when it goes live at 8am...
Does that mean that the uni hasn't decided yet and you need to ring them?
Or is it just that UCAS hasn't updated? If so, when will it "re-updated" if that makes sense?
Reply 3369
Anyone get an updated track?
Original post by xxm
Anyone get an updated track?

Nope, does that happen?
Reply 3371
Original post by paul.dirac121

I do, pooping bricks brah
Edexcel ResultsPlus is back!
Reply 3373
[QUOTE="venenecinema;43912676"]Nope, does that happen?[/QUOTE

So I heard, rarely though.
Reply 3374
don't know why, not receiving those random UCAS emails is scaring me!!!
Sleep, where are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by venenecinema
I just made the mistake of reading it as well and I get what you mean. Such a crazy number of people got 3 or 4 A*s!

I know! Although TSR obviously isn't an entirely representative sample of the country's A-level students. :tongue:
Original post by awkwardusername
I know this has probably been asked but I've been following this thread and I can't remember if anyone actually answered it but:

On results day, if UCAS still says "conditional" next to your firm choice (for arguments sake, say you don't have an insurance cause it saves confusion) but yeah it says "conditional" next to your firm when it goes live at 8am...
Does that mean that the uni hasn't decided yet and you need to ring them?
Or is it just that UCAS hasn't updated? If so, when will it "re-updated" if that makes sense?

no, it can take several daysfor the ucas to be updated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Satta101
I do, pooping bricks brah

Well done. Which uni?
Reply 3379
Original post by dream996
what? the mini heart attacks??? YES - We - are - on - the - SAME - boat @@"

I meant on the same boat for clearing! Not having mini heart attacks! I know everyone's in that boat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest