The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I picked up an AS in my second year, will my Uni choices also receive my result for it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneha.vag
Is there any sneaky way to know if you got into your firm uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Create a fake email account and send your university a scan email which looks like it is from UCAS requesting details about your grades.

Spoiler

Original post by Jumbler62
I picked up an AS in my second year, will my Uni choices also receive my result for it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so- although my AS that I picked up is actually part of my offer so I don't know if it will be different with our different circumstances.
Original post by AspiringGenius
woo! :smile: Which university are you hoping to go too?

hotly debated question

in terms of grade you recieve at the end of the A level:
they are worth equal UMS so in terms of grades, they are equal. The exception is getting A* as a pre-requisite for that is 90% UMS at A2 and 80% overall so AS is worth considerably less and if you want A*, providing you do get 90% UMS at A2 you therefore only need 70% UMS at AS

in terms fo what the results mean
A2 is definitely more important in general. If you get CCC at A2 an AAB uni won't consider you but they might if you get CCC at AS then they mmay well do depending on the course/uni. In fact even some medical schools don't eve loook at AS results. However at some places, like Cambridge, AS is arguably my important as they tend to look for 90% average over best three AS results however at A2 the offer is A*AA which means you need 90% in 1 subject at A2 and then 70% in the ohters prvding you got exactly 90% in all three AS. Once you come to reapplying ot uni after a gap year, AS results are negligible.

thanks for clearing that up as I was having a very similar conversation with one of my mates. As far as I know I think that universities do give you offers depending on your AS grades/Predicted A2 grades and your personal statement. God everything seems pretty overwhelming and university is quickly approaching :/ seems like yesterday when I was panicking over my GCSE's hehe :smile:
Reply 3464
woo! :smile: Which university are you hoping to go too?

Huddersfield you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alii_786
Good idea, looks like you are sorted! Best of luck :smile:

We're all in the same boat, good luck to you too!
You all seem to be in this boat- it must be a very big boat
Original post by maryamzahid
thanks for clearing that up as I was having a very similar conversation with one of my mates. As far as I know I think that universities do give you offers depending on your AS grades/Predicted A2 grades and your personal statement. God everything seems pretty overwhelming and university is quickly approaching :/ seems like yesterday when I was panicking over my GCSE's hehe :smile:

What subject will you be applying for?
Original post by popnit
Huddersfield you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh nice :smile: I've been there once.

Hopefully off to UCL but I think Biology will dash my dreams :sad:
What subject will you be applying for?

oh nice :smile: I've been there once.

Hopefully off to UCL but I think Biology will dash my dreams :sad:

Law with Criminology or oR ORRR Politics, depending on my results eh? What about you? :smile:
Create a fake email account and send your university a scan email which looks like it is from UCAS requesting details about your grades.

Spoiler

:lol: I thought I was finally on to something, then I read the spoiler and my dreams came crashing down :tongue:

Of course they do, they know exactly what to do..I wish I had contacts in UCAS or my firm uni. The wait is killing me!
Original post by Alii_786
<br />

Seems like we're all be logging into track first! Can you guys imagine how nerve-racking it'll be just as when we are logging on and waiting for the homepage to load? It's going to be tough, but good luck :smile:

I'm going to be so on edge when I try to log on to track!!! It's definitely going to be tough!good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by HPAG
Actually no. The email will tell you if you are in. It should come around 8.10 if you have been accepted by either your firm or insurance. No email if a decision has not been made yet.

Okay, fair enough- then everybody else's emails are going to be different to the one I received not too long ago.
Law with Criminology or oR ORRR Politics, depending on my results eh? What about you? :smile:

I can't say anything for law as it's quite competative but try not to worry too much. For the majority of subjects getting into university isn't actually that hard. I know many people with ;less than stunning grades that ended up with 5 offers (in fact most of the people I know got 4 or five offers and this is a non-selective state school so the grades aren't amazing. Please don't worry, I know so many people who worried aimlessly this time last year but even if you don't get the grades you want your chances are high! :smile:

:lol: I thought I was finally on to something, then I read the spoiler and my dreams came crashing down :tongue:

Of course they do, they know exactly what to do..I wish I had contacts in UCAS or my firm uni. The wait is killing me!

Can't endorse illegal activity, I'd be banned from TSR :lol:
Original post by PQ
I don't know where this information is coming from but it isn't correct.

There are 2 emails going out from UCAS on results morning:
1) To anyone who is in at their firm or insurance an email saying "congrats you are in at uni xxx for course yyyy"
2) To anyone in clearing with the fact that they're in clearing and instructions on how clearing works.

People with no change to their firm OR who are rejected by their firm and no change on their ins will not get an email.

As previously quoted- these emails are clearly different on results day. As I received the 'something has changed on your UCAS' email, before I got a 'congratulations' email.

I know, I was only messing about :lol:
I can't say anything for law as it's quite competative but try not to worry too much. For the majority of subjects getting into university isn't actually that hard. I know many people with ;less than stunning grades that ended up with 5 offers (in fact most of the people I know got 4 or five offers and this is a non-selective state school so the grades aren't amazing. Please don't worry, I know so many people who worried aimlessly this time last year but even if you don't get the grades you want your chances are high! :smile:

haha awww thanks and yeah I know a lot of people who got appalling grades and still ended up in a decent university/ first choice university. This puts my mind in ease now :smile: thanks!
Only just realised it was 3 days til results day.
can't really find any s.hits to give at the moment. the only subject I care about is philo+ethics
Original post by Hannah-95
Crazy as it sounds..I can't remember what poems I did..obviously done a good job of blocking it from my mind haha :smile: and I did King Lear..i picked the tragic hero question...How did you feel the English exam went?x

I'm aiming for a B overall. Hopefully I can get this. If I'm honest I can't remember much of how it went. I had two maths exams before the English and I remember being so exhausted and crying before going into the exam. :frown:

Anyway, I just want my B in maths and I'd be happy because if i can have that then the welsh bac will make up for English lit.
haha awww thanks and yeah I know a lot of people who got appalling grades and still ended up in a decent university/ first choice university. This puts my mind in ease now :smile: thanks!

Is that so? Hearing that puts my mind at ease, as well.. :smile:
Is that so? Hearing that puts my mind at ease, as well.. :smile:

haha that's good. most of the time I guess a lot of us worry that we're not gonna get the grades needed for a certain place in university-I think its better you look at the positive instead :smile:

Latest