The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm starting to get worried that I'll accidentally open the E-mail sent before I've mentally prepared myself...
Original post by Divergent
I know for fact I'm taking 2 cars down to my uni.
Then I'll probs come back up home the same day and then catch a train down with my last suitcase :smile:

Was just scrolling randomly through the thread, I searched for page 75 of the thread as opposed to the latest page 175 :tongue:

Anyway, I'm curious, I doubt there's much parking in the uni for cars but you wanna bring two cars :eek4:
Ah, Bristol does look pretty awesome. Nice! I hope you get in. :h:
argh 2 days to go till grade boundaries come out!
Original post by kate_louise21
Yeah it will! Not everything is completely on grades. There maybe A* students but that doesnt mean there going to flourish in their course at university by any means. Universities these days prefer students that have something about them, something that stands out and that makes them want to take you. Dont give up or loose hope :smile: always a chance

i wont,but thank you for the hope :smile:
Original post by maryamzahid
haha that's good. most of the time I guess a lot of us worry that we're not gonna get the grades needed for a certain place in university-I think its better you look at the positive instead :smile:

Well, you're right. We just have to keep positive because worrying too much or having pessimistic thoughts won't make any difference to the decision our firm unis have made :smile:

Speaking of firm unis, what uni have you firmed?
Reply 3486
Original post by FlyHigh_er
I did AQA econ which I think was okay, an edexcel maths was great apart from S1 which I don't think was amazing.
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I felt the same about econ, I'm not sure if I got the A...hopefully scraped it and maths I thought C1 was really good, S1 was good and C2 was okay, it's the one i did worst in I think
Morning kids
Reply 3488
Original post by bunny96
I do AS AQA Biology :smile: I have no idea! Most of Unit 2 was guess work anyhoo :/ It all depends on the grade boundaries really
How about you?

Yeah I think the unit 2 paper wasn't the easiest of papers, a lot of strange questions. I think the grade boundaries should be fairly low because I think the general consensus is it was a paper people struggled with...we shall se though..
Original post by sneha.vag
Is there any sneaky way to know if you got into your firm uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping that my accommodation application changes to "processing" because it will only change if you go unconditional. This is for Southampton.

On another note, does anyone actually sleep on this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Chocip
I'm hoping that my accommodation application changes to "processing" because it will only change if you go unconditional. This is for Southampton.

On another note, does anyone actually sleep on this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if my accommodation application goes to processing I could have been accepted. Nice, I got an offer from Soton. If you don't mind me asking, what course have you firmed Southampton for?

No, there are a lot night owls on here :lol:
Reply 3491
Original post by Unashamed Geek
A week starts on Sunday so we can already say that :biggrin:

Saturday / Sunday is the "weekend". So by definition the week ends on Sunday.
Original post by SamJHill
Morning kids

Good Morning Miss :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sneha.vag
So if my accommodation application goes to processing I could have been accepted. Nice, I got an offer from Soton. If you don't mind me asking, what course have you firmed Southampton for?

No, there are a lot night owls on here :lol:

Well that's what I understood from the accommodation website. I firmed for psychology, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning all :yes:

70 hours to go ! :ahee:
Pretty close to grade boundaries now, I guess.
Original post by Chocip
Well that's what I understood from the accommodation website. I firmed for psychology, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I will try that thanks :smile:
I firmed for Actuarial Science but I declined my offer from Southampton.
Original post by asphodel77
Oh curse you mahjongmagic :tongue: I am now reading and feeling sick with nerves!

And now you know what we felt like reading the thread of the year before us...
Reply 3498

Yeah! We can be like a travelling comedy show who also cons the rich members of the audience out of their money!
Reply 3499
Original post by emily27x
Me! I definitely will. Sounds like a plan.

Haha right?! Forget all the worries that A Level's bring, we're gonna be rich superstars!

Latest