The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
Original post by Hookie
Yeah I think the unit 2 paper wasn't the easiest of papers, a lot of strange questions. I think the grade boundaries should be fairly low because I think the general consensus is it was a paper people struggled with...we shall se though..

Yeah, most people found it hard. Well grade boundaries are out after tomorrow!
Original post by I'manegg
Yeah! We can be like a travelling comedy show who also cons the rich members of the audience out of their money!

Terrific! We'll be deluged with money :smile:
Do some unis send you an email letting you know if you got in or not? I've heard that they do from my cousin but she applied and got in nearly 5 years ago so I don't know whether it has changed or not?
Original post by HarryAlexSmith
Do some unis send you an email letting you know if you got in or not? I've heard that they do from my cousin but she applied and got in nearly 5 years ago so I don't know whether it has changed or not?

The e-mail will come from UCAS.
Hi, I'm new, do you think its best to check UCAS before I get my results or afterwards?
Original post by PythianLegume
The e-mail will come from UCAS.

Ahh I see! Thank you!!
Original post by bethylou202
Hi, I'm new, do you think its best to check UCAS before I get my results or afterwards?

It's up to you. If you check before, it might not have updated, which could make you more nervous. However, if it has changed and confirmed your place, this takes all the stress out.
Original post by sneha.vag
Well, you're right. We just have to keep positive because worrying too much or having pessimistic thoughts won't make any difference to the decision our firm unis have made :smile:

Speaking of firm unis, what uni have you firmed?

haha I haven't firmed yet :cookie: just waiting for the results to come. what about u?

UCAS ask unis not to send any emails until after 8am on results morning (and similarly not to put anything in the post until wednesday afternoon).

UCAS will also be sending out emails from 10 past 8 on results day to anyone who is IN to their firm OR insurance on Track (emails says "congrats you're in to course XX at uni YYY") or who is definitely in Clearing ("You're in clearing this is how it works").

Anyone who still has their offer as conditional on Track will have to collect their results and call their firm/insurance unis to find out when they'll get a decision (unless they're met their offer in which case they should relax and celebrate and leave the lines free).
Original post by bethylou202

I'd recommend doing it before. If you haven't got your first choice or whatever then you will be travelling to school anyway, and you may want to talk to teachers or careers advisers about what to do next etc. If you check after, you may have missed your offer and would then have to travel back to school to sort things out. Just make sure to remember that Track doesn't update the same time for everyone so if it isn't updated DO NOT worry. :tongue:
thanks, i think i'll check before, or try to anyway :smile:
Does anyone here like filling out forms?:lol:

I can't wait till I have to fill in al my UCAS applications or whatever :ahee:
Original post by maryamzahid
haha I haven't firmed yet :cookie: just waiting for the results to come. what about u?

Ah, cool. I have firmed Kent.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Does anyone here like filling out forms?:lol:

I can't wait till I have to fill in al my UCAS applications or whatever :ahee:

There's something wrong with you.

I heard that some unis do that but I guess even if they do send you an email, it will be after results are released.
Original post by PythianLegume
There's something wrong with you.

I'd genuinely enjoy filing in people's UCAS forms for them...
Original post by sneha.vag
Ah, cool. I have firmed Kent.

that's great :smile: what was ur offer for it?
Original post by maryamzahid
that's great :smile: what was ur offer for it?

What unis are you looking at? It's AAA for Bsc. in Actuarial Science :smile:
Original post by kath_igidbashian
YES!!! I'm far too addicted for my own good, still at least it passes the time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats your username?!? Or you could add me?! Wait, on tapped out or candy crush saga o.O
QMUL just sent me a good luck with your results card :h:...you know my results so why are you teasing me :mob:

Latest