The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SavannaC
I have heard that a certain percentage of people that do an exam have to get an A or B etc... So lets say 15% of people who took the exam need to get an A, will the very last person within that 15% set the boundary. Is that how grade boundaries are decided?

Welcome to the world of UMS
Reply 21
Hurry up grade boundaries and appear !!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by A7d8i6l
Hurry up grade boundaries and appear !!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

They'll likely be available on Wednesday next week. :smile:
Reply 23
Reply 24
Subing.
Watching*
Subbing

Anybody know what time they're usually released - will it be midnight on the Wednesday?
Reply 27
Original post by venenecinema
Subbing

Anybody know what time they're usually released - will it be midnight on the Wednesday?

There's no set time for when they'll be released - just keep an eye out on Wednesday. :smile:
Reply 28
I'll be up until 3 checking, I'll put them up if they're released before then. After that, I'll be up at 8 if no one else has put them up by then.
I'll cover links to Edexcel, AQA and OCR. Edexcel and OCR I know do all encompassing PDFs. AQA I'm not sure, I know they have a converter, but I'm not sure how quickly that'll go live.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
I know WJEC doesn't release their grade boundaries till results day. But does anyone know if their mark schemes (specifically for A2 maths) have been released?
Reply 30
Subbing

Last year it was around 6am they were released.
Reply 31
Waiting eagerly
Original post by Bobilina
Last year it was around 6am they were released.

Thanks, definitely won't be sleeping that night.
Original post by Llewellyn

Hi, I know this is nothing to do with grade boundaries but i remember from the WJEC thread you mentioned you'd misplaced your paper and i was wondering if by any chance you may have found it or maybe have access to the M2 paper.

I'm aware that WJEC won't release their grade boundaries on Wednesday like other exam boards so i wanted to have a go at predicting my grades.

Thanks, definitely won't be sleeping that night.

basically we won't be sleeping for 2 nights in a row then :unimpressed:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
basically we won't be sleeping for 2 nights in a row then :unimpressed:

I've pretty much resigned myself to that, at least it's an excuse to get as much sleep as possible over the next couple of days :smile:
I've pretty much resigned myself to that, at least it's an excuse to get as much sleep as possible over the next couple of days :smile:

yea thats true. But its kinda weird once i've woken up I cant force myself to go back to sleep if i'm not tired :frown:
i'll just have to buy some coffee to get me through it :redface:
Think OCR have published?

I tried to get the PDF but it's so huge.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee

Original post by usycool1
There's no set time for when they'll be released - just keep an eye out on Wednesday. :smile:

Try to put the hyperlink on here and the mods will do it
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee

Try and copy and paste the web address its at

Quick Reply

Latest