The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Does anyone here like filling out forms?:lol:

I can't wait till I have to fill in al my UCAS applications or whatever :ahee:

I like filling in forms! I sent off my UCAS application two days after the 15th October, and I got all 5 conditional replies in November and replied to them too. I was the first person in my college to do this, so of course I was all happy. But applying for Student Finance was LONG! Especially when you have to knee calling them up and what not -.-"
Original post by Blob2491
QMUL just sent me a good luck with your results card :h:...you know my results so why are you teasing me :mob:

The marketing people don't know your results :p:
What would you rather do, a third year of A levels or clear to another university?
Original post by Silcce
I like filling in forms! I sent off my UCAS application two days after the 15th October, and I got all 5 conditional replies in November and replied to them too. I was the first person in my college to do this, so of course I was all happy. But applying for Student Finance was LONG! Especially when you have to knee calling them up and what not -.-"

:awesome: :sogood: oh wow! That is great!:biggrin:

Urgh, phone calls... Aren't so great :tongue:
Original post by smithstefan1995
What would you rather do, a third year of A levels or clear to another university?

q third year of a levels, but only because i already have a friend who's doing that so itd just be like going back to old routine
Original post by smithstefan1995

Clear to another university. I don't particularly like my college anymore and its too late to apply to another college and I have my heart set out on going to uni this year. I'm mentally prepared for uni. I'm not going throught UCAS and student finance and personal statements again -.-"
Reply 3526
Original post by SyedaK
How much summer homework did you get? I have to complete a whole unit and it sucks!

I have more than a unit to complete lol. I have to read and make notes from three very long handouts on the Russian Revolution for coursework, then I have to re-read two texts (The Great Gatsby and Antony and Cleopatra) and make notes on them. Then I have to finish a sketchbook for design and technology -_- I'm not even half way yet, I'm so lazy. I hate how fast this holiday has gone - I'm so not going to finish on time.
Original post by Ndella
Hopefully the examiner will understand us :colondollar: I'm on OCR, what about you?

Ahh I'm on AQA, what are you going to do if things don't go according to plan?
Reply 3528
Original post by krishkmistry
ah i hope i do better,but just a simple question - will experience and the personal statement count if you miss entry req.?

In theory yes. 2 people with a close 1 space available then that could be the basis. I figure they are running on a tight schedule having received the results on sunday and needing to have everything finalised they'll just pick people with near misses in grades. After all they have already considered your PS and work to make you and the others their offers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Blueray2
Edexcel for politicis, wbu?

History AQA, my college offers a very limited choice of subjects so we don't do politics, do you enjoy it?
:awesome: :sogood: oh wow! That is great!:biggrin:

Urgh, phone calls... Aren't so great :tongue:

My friends said it was okay, but if they ask for evidence, expect the whole thing to be long and tiring and stressful :smile:
Does anyone here like filling out forms?:lol:

I can't wait till I have to fill in al my UCAS applications or whatever :ahee:

Well, that's a reason for you to apply to Cambridge then - you'd love filling in the SAQ... I lost my mind doing that thing.
Reply 3532
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Pretty close to grade boundaries now, I guess.

I think i'm getting more nervous waiting for the grade boundaries than the results themselves haha :P
Original post by Silcce
Clear to another university. I don't particularly like my college anymore and its too late to apply to another college and I have my heart set out on going to uni this year. I'm mentally prepared for uni. I'm not going throught UCAS and student finance and personal statements again -.-"

Exactly how I feel! I wouldn't even know if my course will clear to any decent universities?
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
OCR BOUNDARIES RELEASED: Here

That's getting really old now
Reply 3535
Original post by wolf-pack
Ahh I'm on AQA, what are you going to do if things don't go according to plan?

I hate how I'm the only one on this forum who does History with AQA lol:angry: Well my sixth form says that we need at least a grade D to continue at A2, which I'm certain that's the grade I will attain at least. Failing that, I will probably go to another collge and retake my AS year. Right now I am considering taking a gap year since I have no experience in anything, and my personal statement was a joke. How about you? :smile:
Original post by Divergent
Eh, I totally know the feeling.
It's 5:20am.. and I'm still awake.

Mind me asking what exam board your R.S is? :biggrin:

Aha oh dear, I think I finally managed to fall asleep by ten past five, so I got a fair chunk of sleep. :smile: And yeah sure, I don't mind - we're on the AQA board. How about you?
Original post by venenecinema
That's getting really old now

It says June 2013 so ???
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
It says June 2013 so ???

Oh, I thought you posted them as a joke, people have been doing that. Apologies.
They are the UMS boundaries, and are the same every year. Hence the "November 2012" etc.
Original post by PQ
The marketing people don't know your results :p:

:eyeball:

Latest