The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Manager at McDonalds? Well I guess that's better than years working at the counter of McDonalds haha
Original post by tsjmcgrath
This thread fills up with replies so quickly that it's nigh-on impossible to keep track of it. I think it's the nerves... We're all a bit (or in my case quite a lot) nervous about it so we just post to try and ease those nerves.

Yeah, that's not helping much for me.

Yup, but I'm the same in real life,it's nearly all I talk about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2602
Original post by radhikagulati
hey if we want to retake can we retake just one exam, e.g. for eng lit just unit 1 or for german just unit 1 listening? or do we have to retake the whole subject? xxx

From what I remember some subjects do one thing and some do the other, so it depends... You'll have to ask your teacher

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol:

But if I can do it in year ten, someone can do it in year 12!

True!
Original post by Dalek1099
I've been doing some Physics Unit 3/AS because I did Double Science and AS is quite mad there seems to be loads of language to learn(Intermediate Vector Bosons and that).I've already done a lot of AS Maths work and some A2 Maths work too in Year 11 aswell as in last years summer holidays and I've done IGCSE Further Maths so I haven't done much Maths over the holiday.What Summer Homework did you get?-who could be cruel enough to give you homework over the summer holidays?I have heard from the college that there will be lots of homework(3 hours per subject quoted), when I get back to College so it seems unfair to get Summer Homework.I hardly ever got homework in Year 10'/11, about an hour a week often less closer to exams so we could revise.

Omgg!!!! In year 11 I had 12 hours of prep per week!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
Cie igcse results come out tomorrow. **** **** **** I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I still have to wait 'til the 22nd for mine :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Originally Posted by Rachelhannah

I'm sorry, I'm still not sure how to work this app... how do you get the original post up with your own comment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You go to the persons words you want to quote and u click the button that has this on it.... +" (and has a little speech bubble beside it,with a pen) which will put it in the comment box below and then u can write your reply :smile: EASY! its just one button, hope i explained it ok :/

This is probably just me, but I can't find the + on my phone version? I've done something but I'm not sure if it's worked ahaha! But thank you for the explanation- it makes perfect sense, I think it's just my inability to work this app haha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay that didn't work hahaha :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by radhikagulati
hey if we want to retake can we retake just one exam, e.g. for eng lit just unit 1 or for german just unit 1 listening? or do we have to retake the whole subject? xxx

It depends on the type of course, for example my friend has resat one maths module 3 times (her maths was modular) whereas the guys in the year above who resat English Language had to do the coursework on top of their A-Level work and sit the exam...so I'm a bit confused too, but I think it just depends on your course.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachelhannah
You go to the persons words you want to quote and u click the button that has this on it.... +" (and has a little speech bubble beside it,with a pen) which will put it in the comment box below and then u can write your reply :smile: EASY! its just one button, hope i explained it ok :/

This is probably just me, but I can't find the + on my phone version? I've done something but I'm not sure if it's worked ahaha! But thank you for the explanation- it makes perfect sense, I think it's just my inability to work this app haha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on the app and as far as I know you can't quote multiple comments (I've tried and failed multiple times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Prince Harry got a B and a D at A-Level. Sometimes I sit and laugh at the sorry excuse of his life...

I laughed harder than I should have done at this.
Reply 2610
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Manager at McDonalds? Well I guess that's better than years working at the counter of McDonalds haha

haha alot better, but managers tend to the post grads just saying =p.
A B and a D at A-level is pretty respectable I think. Loads of people drop out at GCSEs and loads find A-levels very hard.
Apparently McDonalds is one of the best large companies to work for :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
I'm on the app and as far as I know you can't quote multiple comments (I've tried and failed multiple times

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay thanks! Yeah, same! It's so annoying that it doesn't work on here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2614
Original post by Jatz07
ok... so I've recently checked the predicted grades gcse forum (no discussion) and like everyone is predicted A*/A ...

I was predicted mainly A/A*, but there isn't a chance in the world I will meet even half of them! :colondollar:
Reply 2615
i just want to know if my unit will accept me if i get lower than my offer !! ive been doing so much dam research to see what other people got accepted with last year but its so hard. any advice ?
I had the craziest dream it was about results day and i opened them and i got the results i wanted except from french and i got a'U' and i started laughing freaky.
Reply 2617
Original post by Jatz07
I remember for my january modular exams I had a dream the night before results I got 3 Bs in bio, physics, history... but on march 7th I ended up getting 3 A* in the modular exams... so dreams don't determine what you will get so no need to worry :wink:

Jatz

Yeah definitely , your dreams just string together everything that is at the back of your mind. When I sat my January exams I kept having dreams that I got 3 U's but on results day I got 3 A*s- and met Russell Brand the same day !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by And I
Lord Alan Sugar - he left school with only 1 GCSE in English Lit. I'm pretty sure he's richer than you'll ever be.

Different people have different fates though and I'm certainly not organised enough to start a business and remember its not about making money, its about finding an enjoyable job.A lot of the time, Lord Sugar appears angry on The Apprentice and money does not make happiness.What is really important is making enough money to survive, which is doable on the doll but is risky because they are strict but you need to find an enjoyable job or yuor life is pointless like Maths Research.
Original post by gracey11
Omgg!!!! In year 11 I had 12 hours of prep per week!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In Year 6, I received more homework than in Y7-Y9 about 3 hours a week , when they said I would get an hour each night in Secondary when really I got 2-3 hours a week and about 1-2 in Y10/11, probably under 1 close to exams.The most homework I ever got in Secondary School was about 7/8 pieces in one week and I almost made a scene I got so stressed over it.I still find it funny thinking about how my headmaster insisted we got 1 piece of homework per every 3 lessons.If you got so much homework how did you revise?
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest