The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatriIvory
I did biol AQA :smile: only did BIOL2 in june, we did BIOL1 in Jan. Gutted we can't do BIOL4 in january this time :frown:

same as me, i did Biol1 in Jan and I nailed it, So I'm going to miss them Jans
Although I'm not so sure about this time, I had a lot of exams to prep for,
Reply 3561
Original post by Cryl
Well, my back up plan was that if I don't get into my firm, I could contact my second-choice uni (not my insurance) and ask them if they'll take me through clearing. And then ring up my insurance and ask them to release me. But now I find out that that won't work as well as I hoped. I don't have much of a problem with my insurance, but man, if I end up at my insurance university, my family (particularly brother) will laugh at my face since he's so proud that he managed to get into a better uni. -.- And my mum and dad will be really disappointed, particularly today, they were all like "Oh I'm pretty sure you'll get in!"; "You worked so hard, you'll get in". It made me feel worse. :/

Okay, it's not as bad as it sounded. It's still bad for me :c

Don't stress i'm pretty sure you'll get in, you did work so hard.:wink:

So is your firm better than your brothers that you get laughing rights ?:cool:
Reply 3562
I feel ill more at the fact that I'm going to have go through this all over again next year, with more at stake, than getting my AS results on Thursday. :cry2:
Original post by smithstefan1995
What would you rather do, a third year of A levels or clear to another university?

I think I would try to resit my failed exams externally (if that's possible), then get a full time job and try again next year. I really want to go to my firm university lol
Original post by PythianLegume
Why not?

1) My UMS might not be great this year (we'll see on Thursday)
2) No straight chem course with a language
3) No year abroad
Reply 3565
On the ucas website it says on track it opens on Wednesday so wont we know then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3566
1-exam papers have been marked 2-moderated 3-grade boundaries set 4-Results released to Universities 5-universities have made almost all their decisions Its now just a waiting game
Original post by sneha.vag
Nice. What course are you interested in? Thanks :smile:

law with criminology-what about u? :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
1) My UMS might not be great this year (we'll see on Thursday)
2) No straight chem course with a language
3) No year abroad

Fair enough, good reasons really.
Reply 3569
Original post by Paramore<3
I feel ill more at the fact that I'm going to have go through this all over again next year, with more at stake, than getting my AS results on Thursday. :cry2:

I feel exactly the same! Results day this year is nothing compared to what we will have to go through next year, as all the former year 13s on this thread can relate to, I'm sure :tongue: It is also going to be worse for a lot of schools because last year after the exam period, some had to go back for a month to do A2 work which took our minds off results day, but obviously next year, when the exam period is over, the holidays can begin. That's an extra month of nervousness and waiting for something that determines EVERYTHING. Never mind, I guess we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it ay! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Paramore<3

I really like your username xD. I think AS is less stressful because you have another year but when you go to A2, you have a goal or an aim and instinctively work harder if that helps? Last year I wasn't stressed over my results because I knew I could do them again/ have the opportunity to work harder, and I got crappy grades, but it didn't feel like the end of the world and I actually knew what I did wrong last year. This year, I was a fricken angel/saint, so I better get into my firm xD
Original post by PythianLegume
Fair enough, good reasons really.

Thanks, even Oxford I might not... They don't have an official year abroad, but apparently it's offered. I'm thinking more Imperial, York, Durham and Edinburgh.
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
same as me, i did Biol1 in Jan and I nailed it, So I'm going to miss them Jans
Although I'm not so sure about this time, I had a lot of exams to prep for,

Hey i am at the exact same position as you! Waiting for Biol2 results :/ Make sure you use http://www.heckgrammer.org/index.php?p=10312 for unit 4 and 5 :biggrin:
Reply 3573
Is there a way to check how many people have firmed your uni compared to the amount of actual places? Even if its for last year.

Also, where can I find a list of clearing places for 2012, want to look to see what my uni was like then!

(Uni of Shef)
Pooing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamzahid
law with criminology-what about u? :smile:

:awesome: Actuarial Science :smile:
Reply 3575
I have so much planned for uni and if I don't get in I will be lost as I have no backup plan :s-smilie:
Original post by leah14
On the ucas website it says on track it opens on Wednesday so wont we know then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does it say this?
Original post by gman10
I have so much planned for uni and if I don't get in I will be lost as I have no backup plan :s-smilie:

Omg same,

I've literally immersed myself this whole year in preparing and hyping up for uni, yet it's not even been confirmed I'll go there :/
3 days . . . 72 hours . . . christ on a bendy bus, it's less than 72 hours!
This is horrible.
Who's planning a movie/TV marathon on results night? I don't have the full Harry Potter set (on DVD, anyway) so I'll probably fill in the first films with something hopeful . . . like Memoirs of a Geisha, maybe.
No matter what happens on Thursday, at least I'm not going to be sold by my parents to become a pretty face for hire.
I think.
Reply 3579
Original post by yarshad
Where does it say this?

I went onto track logged in and it says its closed until Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest