The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracey11
Omgg!!!! In year 11 I had 12 hours of prep per week!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got loads of summer homework:
questions and an essay for Spanish
grammar revision for French
7 pieces of writing for English language
questions and an essay for history

I've also been told that I will have at least an hour a day of each French and Spanish homework, regardless if we have a lesson or not, as well as at least 2 essays a week of history - but I haven't been told what I'll get for English.
Original post by Basket case
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376292263.636956.jpg

For anyone wondering this is how the modules turn up on the certificates

And this is the actual certificate ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376292363.141524.jpg

Just thought I'd help with year 10 examples :smile:x

Posted from TSR Mobile

They must differ from school to school because here are pictures of my Year 10 results sheet:IMG00078.jpgIMG00079.jpgIMG00080.jpgIMG00081.jpg.Sorry about the bad camera on my phone that made it hard to take one image showing everything on the page.I thought the exam boards made them but the school must make them if they are different from school to school.
Original post by Dalek1099
They must differ from school to school because here are pictures of my Year 10 results sheet:IMG00078.jpgIMG00079.jpgIMG00080.jpgIMG00081.jpg.Sorry about the bad camera on my phone that made it hard to take one image showing everything on the page.I thought the exam boards made them but the school must make them if they are different from school to school.

Mines like yours!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Mines like yours!

Mine are those too? and I haven't received certificates for my completed GCSE's yet?? will my school give them me on the 22nd?
Original post by techno836
Mine are those too? and I haven't received certificates for my completed GCSE's yet?? will my school give them me on the 22nd?

I got mine a few months after results day, you won't get certificates until December ish anyway!
I got mine a few months after results day, you won't get certificates until December ish anyway!

ohh well, Im staying at the same school so they should just give them me :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this the english language one???
Reply 2627

My school always has a big certificate evening in November, so we can collect them. It's so we can all see each other again, really, since my school doesn't have a sixth form so we all have to go elsewhere.
Original post by chloe--
My school always has a big certificate evening in November, so we can collect them. It's so we can all see each other again, really, since my school doesn't have a sixth form so we all have to go elsewhere.

We have an awards evening at the end of September:biggrin:
Original post by Dalek1099
In Year 6, I received more homework than in Y7-Y9 about 3 hours a week , when they said I would get an hour each night in Secondary when really I got 2-3 hours a week and about 1-2 in Y10/11, probably under 1 close to exams.The most homework I ever got in Secondary School was about 7/8 pieces in one week and I almost made a scene I got so stressed over it.I still find it funny thinking about how my headmaster insisted we got 1 piece of homework per every 3 lessons.If you got so much homework how did you revise?

My school is so annoying... I complained loads that the amount of prep meant I had no time to revise.. But they just said "well doing the homework is revision". But I found the homeworks set completely pointless and unhelpful and I could have revised much more productively with no homework whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
Can't believe Results are next week !! Once this week is over the final countdown awaits...

Jatz

Don't remind me ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, same here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
Yeah, same here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:awesome: it's good fun :tongue:
Just to put your minds at rest! I'll give you all three examples of what happened to me and my friends last year.... Around 10pm a news story claimed English GCSE grades were the lowest in years... We all went in and achieved over what we should have for the most part. So my first tip: IGNORE what the press are saying - they are talking in macro (general) terms not local and individual! Read the press articles after getting your results!

We stayed up ALL night fretting and honestly I actually out achieved my friend who was predicted grades at least a grade or two higher than me! So ANYTHING is possible. It's all based on grade boundaries etc!

GOOD LUCK to all of you! Remember your GCSE results day for when you are panicking about A Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to all!

But just to say,
If you don't get the results you were hoping for keep going! I failed my maths, retook it the following year whilst taking 4 A levels to full A2 plus an extended project, and am now at a Russell Group Uni doing exactly what I wanted to do.

You really can make that step up :smile: Good luck!
Sigh looks like I have to bus to results day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school's awards evening is the worst! I've been a couple of times because it's for the whole school as our form teachers give "form prizes" to one boy and one girl in the form. They aren't based on anything whatsoever, in fact I was told to suggest the next winner after I won it the first time. We got given a pen and a keyring... Yeah, they really know how to please us. Oh and last year, because it was the Olympics, they got a clock! Yeah. A clock. It had a picture of three of our school's "famous" athletes which didn't really seem relevant at all. The only one anyone might have vaguely recognised was Rob Bale, a swimmer who competed in the relay in the Olympics. The people who got them were a bit miffed especially considering the fact most of the awards weren't for sporting achievements.

As for the GCSE awards, they only give them to the highest achieving boy and girl. So last year, the girl who got the best GCSEs (11 A*s) went to this evening and got a £20 voucher. Could be worse, I guess. OH WAIT, it was worse, because it was a voucher which could only spent in the educational book and stationary section of WHSmith! It's ridiculous.

We just have to pick up the actual GCSE certificates from our school's main reception desk sometime in September I think. It's incredibly uneventful.
Original post by Jatz07
Lol, I'm not staying up the night before Results.. I need to sleep, unless I'll probably be more nervous and panicked than ever.

Jatz

I hardly sleep anyway :lol: but before results day :dontknow: depends on the grade boundaries :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
I hardly sleep anyway :lol: but before results day :dontknow: depends on the grade boundaries :biggrin:

What time are the grade boundaries released ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest