The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
Original post by Malevolent
Man you could give Tom Brady a rock and he would still find a way to make turn it into a credible receiver.

This is just about my favourite statement ever. :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
This is just about my favourite statement ever. :laugh:

Its true! Remember Reche Caldwell? :rofl:
And now Christine Michael has back spasms. This just aint Seahawk's off-season.

Its true! Remember Reche Caldwell? :rofl:

People don't catch Tom Brady's throws so much as he laser-targets them into their hands.

News time: Dallas Clark is still in for another year with the Raven's so fair play to him, with a bit of luck their tight end won't be too much of a hinderence now. Also got Brandon Stokley with a one year old so it they're only short term solutions but they're still some good veterans to grab so late in the pre-season.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
And now Christine Michael has back spasms. This just aint Seahawk's off-season.

People don't catch Tom Brady's throws so much as he laser-targets them into their hands.

News time: Dallas Clark is still in for another year with the Raven's so fair play to him, with a bit of luck their tight end won't be too much of a hinderence now. Also got Brandon Stokley with a one year old so it they're only short term solutions but they're still some good veterans to grab so late in the pre-season.

Haha hes had pretty atrocious receivers...

Seahawks will be fine still. Got that beastly defense :tongue:

Dallas Clark sucks haha compared to Pitta. They are in some deep **** with the way that offense is panning out.

Seahawks will be fine still. Got that beastly defense :tongue:

Dallas Clark sucks haha compared to Pitta. They are in some deep **** with the way that offense is panning out.

But if only Clemons was in it :daydreaming: The only issue is poor game planning, by the end of the seaosn we could barely blitz and the end of that Falcons game was just a total break down of defensive that we did far too often during the season.

It's certainly the moves of a desperate team... But they have Joe Flacco atleast :awesome: AmIrightoramIright?
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
But if only Clemons was in it :daydreaming: The only issue is poor game planning, by the end of the seaosn we could barely blitz and the end of that Falcons game was just a total break down of defensive that we did far too often during the season.

It's certainly the moves of a desperate team... But they have Joe Flacco atleast :awesome: AmIrightoramIright?

Yeah your pass rush was pretty awful at the end of the season thats whats scary if you have a pass rush to go with that defense my god. :eek:

Lol I think they finish third in the division or even last. people talk about our offensive problems but the Ravens? Jesus they are in so much of a worse place then we are...
Original post by The Troll Toll

The eyeball test really needs to be taken with a grain of salt if it's from TV angles.. so Alex Smith has or hasn't improved against the blitz? Before you said he hasn't, now you're saying he has but it's all scheme. Which is it?

If the option works well why would QBs who ran it in college become a dying breed? Or do you mean white QBs?

No I mean QB's like Smith who are safety first and functional in their passing game
Original post by The_Faceman
No I mean QB's like Smith who are safety first and functional in their passing game

I don't understand what that has to do with read type schemes.
I don't understand what that has to do with read type schemes.

If the read type schemes work again then the stock of QB's like Alex Smith will surely go down.
If the read type schemes work again then the stock of QB's like Alex Smith will surely go down.

Because...........
Because...........

Having watched him at the 49'ers he can't play that way. If he could he would still be there and we wouldn't have heard of Kaepernick
Having watched him at the 49'ers he can't play that way. If he could he would still be there and we wouldn't have heard of Kaepernick

But they never asked him to play that way at the 49ers, and he can play that way which is a significant reason he was a #1 overall pick. Kaepernick didn't get a chance because Smith was playing badly, he got one because Smith got a concussion..
But they never asked him to play that way at the 49ers, and he can play that way which is a significant reason he was a #1 overall pick. Kaepernick didn't get a chance because Smith was playing badly, he got one because Smith got a concussion..

It is clear that they were looking for a good excuse to get Kaepernick in the team and then once he was in the team the sudden change to the read option suggests that the coaching staff don't think Smith can cut it on read option.
Which team do you guys think will be the surprise package this year? That will punch above their weight. There's normally always one.
Which team do you guys think will be the surprise package this year? That will punch above their weight. There's normally always one.

Bengals will rule the AFC North, and will narrowly miss out on the AFC championship in a close fought game that goes down to the wire.

Absolutely no bias involved :cool:

I'm going to nominate my team, the Rams :cool:

Already had a good, young defense. Added substantially to the offense and I'm hoping both Bradford and Austin have huge years.

Don't read into the Browns loss either, it's only pre-season :lol:
Reply 6616

Wanna say Panthers but Ron Rivera puts me off a bit
Original post by alexsong
Wanna say Panthers but Ron Rivera puts me off a bit

Its a hard one that division! Panthers, Buccs, Falcons and Saints! Could see all teams having at least 7 or 8 wins.
Original post by jackclarke1995
Bengals will rule the AFC North, and will narrowly miss out on the AFC championship in a close fought game that goes down to the wire.

They'll actually just lose the Wildcard game to Houston.
Original post by jackclarke1995

This is pure comedy

Latest