The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I got mine a few months after results day, you won't get certificates until December ish anyway!

I haven't got the certificates for my completed GCSEs in Year 9 and 10.I'm a bit worried but I think I'll get them all together in November-I hope:mad:
We have an awards evening at the end of September:biggrin:

I have my awards evening in early december/ february the next year( the year when the snow was really bad and the December date got cancelled).
Original post by Tanisha97
What time are the grade boundaries released ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

The grade boundaries should be released for every board by 8am on the Wednesday morning before results day bar WJEC I think who only release them on results day.Although, some boards will release them late Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning.
Original post by tsjmcgrath
My school's awards evening is the worst! I've been a couple of times because it's for the whole school as our form teachers give "form prizes" to one boy and one girl in the form. They aren't based on anything whatsoever, in fact I was told to suggest the next winner after I won it the first time. We got given a pen and a keyring... Yeah, they really know how to please us. Oh and last year, because it was the Olympics, they got a clock! Yeah. A clock. It had a picture of three of our school's "famous" athletes which didn't really seem relevant at all. The only one anyone might have vaguely recognised was Rob Bale, a swimmer who competed in the relay in the Olympics. The people who got them were a bit miffed especially considering the fact most of the awards weren't for sporting achievements.

As for the GCSE awards, they only give them to the highest achieving boy and girl. So last year, the girl who got the best GCSEs (11 A*s) went to this evening and got a £20 voucher. Could be worse, I guess. OH WAIT, it was worse, because it was a voucher which could only spent in the educational book and stationary section of WHSmith! It's ridiculous.

We just have to pick up the actual GCSE certificates from our school's main reception desk sometime in September I think. It's incredibly uneventful.

:lol:

We get best GCSEs. Best KS4. Best for each individual subject. Pupil of the year awards
Original post by tess_rach
I've got loads of summer homework:
questions and an essay for Spanish
grammar revision for French
7 pieces of writing for English language
questions and an essay for history

I've also been told that I will have at least an hour a day of each French and Spanish homework, regardless if we have a lesson or not, as well as at least 2 essays a week of history - but I haven't been told what I'll get for English.

This sounds ridiculous, especially when they don't know for certain you are taking them subjects.It sounds as if the Summer Holidays aren't holidays for you because of your college. I've never ever had any summer homework before.People on here have had so much homework after school that they are pretty much doing a 9-5 job.

We get best GCSEs. Best KS4. Best for each individual subject. Pupil of the year awards

What awards have you been awarded so far?I've had an award for Maths,Geography and English once and School Council three times.

That's how ours should work! Instead, the year after I won it, my form teacher said to me, "So I'm struggling to think of who I should give the prize to this year. Who do you recommend?" I ended up recommending someone who I didn't like because nobody likes going to it! And this year two of the quietest people who didn't do anything whatsoever won it. At least I don't have to have that clock though. :P Other teachers just gave them to the same person year after year because they couldn't be bothered choosing anyone else!

I like my school. But it really doesn't know what it's doing sometimes. Like I was on the "Senior Prefect" team this year and we did nothing at all other than designing the yearbook which anybody could have done. We had no extra privileges and we didn't have council meetings to suggest school improvements (I have a long four page list of improvements I aim to implement :biggrin: ). Even the Head Boy and Girl only ended up going to about two school council meetings!

Agh. I could rant for days about this.
Original post by Dalek1099
What awards have you been awarded so far?I've had an award for Maths,Geography and English once and School Council three times.

Year 7 Pupil of the Year
Some other stuff
Best KS3 Performance
KS3 Geography, science and history
Best GCSE performance before year 11
Can't remember anything else
Original post by tsjmcgrath
That's how ours should work! Instead, the year after I won it, my form teacher said to me, "So I'm struggling to think of who I should give the prize to this year. Who do you recommend?" I ended up recommending someone who I didn't like because nobody likes going to it! And this year two of the quietest people who didn't do anything whatsoever won it. At least I don't have to have that clock though. :P Other teachers just gave them to the same person year after year because they couldn't be bothered choosing anyone else!

I like my school. But it really doesn't know what it's doing sometimes. Like I was on the "Senior Prefect" team this year and we did nothing at all other than designing the yearbook which anybody could have done. We had no extra privileges and we didn't have council meetings to suggest school improvements (I have a long four page list of improvements I aim to implement :biggrin: ). Even the Head Boy and Girl only ended up going to about two school council meetings!

Agh. I could rant for days about this.

And breathe :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm not sure :s-smilie: different times I think :smile: ... the Mods will create a thread on here with links to them in the OP as soon as they're available :smile:
Year 7 Pupil of the Year
Some other stuff
Best KS3 Performance
KS3 Geography, science and history
Best GCSE performance before year 11
Can't remember anything else

And breathe :h:

My school don't do anything like that :emo: .... although I got a few votes for prom king so I can take that :lol:
Original post by techno836
My school don't do anything like that :emo: .... although I got a few votes for prom king so I can take that :lol:

Haha, we'll see what I win this year :teeth:
Haha, we'll see what I win this year :teeth:

probably be similar to your TSR awards :lol:

actually my year 10 English teacher did class awards before he left.... I forgot what it is though, I've got it somewhere ? (he was my favourite teacher) so what he wrote meant a lot :smile:
Reply 2652
Anyone else who was really stressing out during the exam period not really anxious at all for results day?
Original post by techno836
probably be similar to your TSR awards :lol:

actually my year 10 English teacher did class awards before he left.... I forgot what it is though, I've got it somewhere ? (he was my favourite teacher) so what he wrote meant a lot :smile:

Awwww, that's nice!

Ha, they won't :h:
Original post by pathosL
Anyone else who was really stressing out during the exam period not really anxious at all for results day?

I haven't had a moment yet when I've become stressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any strategies/ things to say of calming your parents down when you get bad grades????? :smile:
ways to avoid the shouting from your parents on results day ???????:colondollar:
tsr awards ???????????
Original post by Dalek1099
The grade boundaries should be released for every board by 8am on the Wednesday morning before results day bar WJEC I think who only release them on results day.Although, some boards will release them late Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning.

aqa say that the grade boundries are out on results day but it may be different for other exam boards sorry if this was no help xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably a day before results day, but there's no set time for when they'll be released. Keep an eye out on this thread, we'll post links there when the grade boundaries are available. :smile:

Latest