The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What does that mean?:lol:

Must be no are?

You must be, no (you) are, the exception that proves the rule.
Reply 4041
There is no way I will be sleeping Wednesday night
I will probably not sleep tomorrow night and wait for the grade boundaries to come out :frown:
Reply 4042
Original post by Tom_green_day
Yeah I know, at this stage it seems as though if I don't get what I want I'll just have to choose a different university, as retakes would just be so stressful (especially for bloody music).

Yeah exactly :/ Is there lots of coursework for music?
Reply 4043
Original post by Ecawthorn
So you think it's likely it could change when the examiner marks it? Fingers crossed it goes a little higher!:redface:

Same here :smile: hopefully for my other coursework that I didn't do too well in :colondollar:
Reply 4044
Original post by PythianLegume
You must be...no, ARE...the exception to the rule.

Grammar is very important.

Had to go out. Rushed. Pardon the grammar, exalted one. :smile:
Original post by JOR2010
Well I was the opposite, they actually gave me real work to do! I had to sign a whole confidentiality thing of course.. but what are they getting you to do?

Yeah, I was the same last year. I was convinced History was pretty average, I ended up getting a solid A, so I wouldn't worry!

Oh lucky you (I suppose) :tongue:. I'm programming with matlab and talking to people, the weeks before I did quite a bit more work in terms of powerpoints, excel and word documents but work pretty much consists of 50% maths problems/matlab programming 50% TSR/surfing the internet :lol:.

I got a C in January for History, when I thought I was going to get an A (but I realised that I wrote 3 pages for 1 question, hence a C grade), this time felt much more secure than last time. Fingers crossed for B+.
Reply 4046
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I'm so happy! :biggrin: I got an e-mail earlier saying that I can check if I got into uni or not at 7am at my unis website (QUB), which means I can get everything at 7 thanks to the CCEA results site thing which is at 7 as well :colone:

What?! How?
Original post by DavidM95
What?! How?

They said that they would have their own site so that we could check if we got in or not in case UCAS is slow, but they said that it will be open from 7 :eek:
Reply 4048
Original post by ladynova
Then why did Prince William get grades ABC at a level and Prince Harry get BD only, dropping a subject?

Yet he could go to one of the best unis. and Prince Harrys are pretty bad. I have no hate for the royal family tho I love them. Just pointing out that wealth and circumstance does not equal intelligence

If I got ABC I would find myself in clearing and everyone thinks that is pretty average.

Original post by ladynova
no I totally disproved your point, they both went to Eton, are incredibly wealthy and from a lineage of wealth and they are not that intelligent. Seeing as A levels are harder now even an ABC now is better than that result.

I think the argument was based on the rich as a group. Individual cases can vary within a group. Read Isaac Asimov's Foundation series.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242
Oh lucky you (I suppose) :tongue:. I'm programming with matlab and talking to people, the weeks before I did quite a bit more work in terms of powerpoints, excel and word documents but work pretty much consists of 50% maths problems/matlab programming 50% TSR/surfing the internet :lol:.

I got a C in January for History, when I thought I was going to get an A (but I realised that I wrote 3 pages for 1 question, hence a C grade), this time felt much more secure than last time. Fingers crossed for B+.

Looks like you're having fun then :wink: ! I hope you've got what you wanted, let me know!
Reply 4050
Original post by wolf-pack
Yeah, Sheffield is the greenest campus in the UK, but when I went to the open day I didn't see any greenery and the accommodation was beautiful. I live in Newcastle though so I'll he to travel really far to my current favourites! ahh!
Fortunately there are no oxford or Cambridge wannabes at my school, because my year group has less than 50 people in it :wink:.

Haha I'll take your word for it. Is it bad that I haven't gone to any open days yet? I feel unprepared for year 13 now :redface:.
Wow, all the way in Newcastle? I live in London so its not too bad for me. I vowed that I wouldn't apply for a university further than Birmingham just in case I got too homesick lol.
How are there only less than 50 people, it must get boring at your college though, but at least no snobs right? :biggrin:
Original post by HPAG
You must be, no (you) are, the exception that proves the rule.

It makes sense now, sorry!:ahee:

And if that wasn't sarcastic, I thank you for the compliment :wink: if it was... :upyours:
Reply 4052
Original post by bunny96
I will probably not sleep tomorrow night and wait for the grade boundaries to come out :frown:

I know the feeling :frown: I couldnt sleep last night because I was thinking about it as soon as I got into bed. Now I'm at the stage where I feel a little bit sick when I think about it!
Reply 4053
Original post by DJMayes
What subject are you planning on applying for? Screwed if UMS average < 95% seems a bit of an exaggeration even for the most competitive ones although a lot of people have that attitude when applying for the science subjects and Economics.

Engineering
Reply 4054
Original post by Unashamed Geek
They said that they would have their own site so that we could check if we got in or not in case UCAS is slow, but they said that it will be open from 7 :eek:

I haven't got anything :frown: this better not be a sign...
I know I've not got what I need - I also know I'm going to get completely lashed on thursday!
Original post by DavidM95
I haven't got anything :frown: this better not be a sign...

Are (hopefully) you going to QUB?
Reply 4057
Original post by SWFC1995
Quick Question, I have an offer of 260 for a course at uni. If i get 270 points on results day can I apply for the same course with a year working without going through clearing?

Don't know which Univ you refer to but chances are grades required for both are same. If you achieve your offer of 260 you should be able to speak to your univ and request the "course with a year working". Sandwich course.
Original post by HPAG
I think the argument was based on the rich as a group. Individual cases can vary within a group. Read Isaac Asimov's Foundation series.

Shsssssh! Don't revive the this debate :slap:
Original post by bunny96

when exactly do the mark schemes come out?

Latest