The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hurry up Wednesday so I can finally re-start my inevitable moaning and complaining about AQA!
Reply 4061
Original post by Unashamed Geek
Are (hopefully) you going to QUB?

Hopefully, yeah! Wish I had this email already!
Original post by Ndella
Same here :smile: hopefully for my other coursework that I didn't do too well in :colondollar:

I hope an examiner does that! *please let me have a nice examiner* not sure they're likely to change it though?
Aw what subject is it for? I'm sure you did better than you think! x
Original post by Ruffiio
Just looked on my college website and it says after picking up my results i have to go to the sports hall and confirm my destination?

What the hell is this bull**** about? I was hoping to just grab them and get the **** out of there as quickly as possible. :colonhash:

Not UCAS required, just a college thing. More than likely they want to put the destinations of all their leavers in the newsletter or online so everyone can see how everyone else has done. That's what my school does, every Sixth Former is asked upon leaving where they're headed. You don't have to do it, but if not it'll just say 'unconfirmed' or something. Nice to keep the continuity of it together I guess :smile:
Reached the new low of watching results day videos on YouTube. Most people seem to do amazingly and the only one that makes me feel better is Hitler getting his results.

I just hope I react better than Hitler.
Reply 4065
Original post by Padouken
pfft GCSEs. How dare they stress over quadratic equations and pythagoras theorem.

LOL. :laugh:...
Reply 4066
Original post by ladynova
Yes but still your argument that wealthy people are intrinsically more intelligent is wrong they just have better education because they went to private school. The £££ running through their veins from birth does not supply their brain with more intelligence. :u:

You should consider starting this by saying "OK my argument based on the royal family as being an example (Proxy) for the rich is wrong but..."
Original post by HPAG
:smile: Best of luck on the 15th.

Thanks for the luck but my offer has already changed to unconditional ! :smile:. Good luck to you for thursday
Original post by PythianLegume
I think you'll find that richer people tend to get into better universities because they are more intelligent. I don't think it's fair that rich kids are more intelligent, but it is an undeniable fact. Wealth is strongly correlated with intelligence, but that correlation is mostly coincidental - you don't need money to raise a smart child.

This post is just terrible... Back that claim up please, I'm just intrigued to know from which study you learnt of this "correlation" because I have a feeling it's bullcrap. Also remember that intelligence isn't necessarily measured by the grades one achieves.
Tomorrow night ill be up all night waiting for grade boundaries + mark schemes.
Wednesay night ill be up all night as I'll be too anxious to sleep.
Thursday night I'll be up all night partying; either to celebrate or drown my sorrows.

Treasuring tonight's sleep!!
Original post by DavidM95
Hopefully, yeah! Wish I had this email already!

I'll hopefully see you there then :biggrin: What are you for studying?

I only got the e-mail earlier so I'd say you'll get it today/tomorrow.
Original post by HPAG
Don't know which Univ you refer to but chances are grades required for both are same. If you achieve your offer of 260 you should be able to speak to your univ and request the "course with a year working". Sandwich course.

It's NTU, so when I get my results ring them and ask for a transfer?
Reply 4072
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I'll hopefully see you there then :biggrin: What are you for studying?

I only got the e-mail earlier so I'd say you'll get it today/tomorrow.

French with law hopefully! What about you? :smile:
Reply 4073
Does anyone know when the grade boundaries will be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amg_22
Does anyone know when the grade boundaries will be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wednesday.
WJEC are Thursday.
does anyone know when the OCR grade boundries come out
Reply 4076
Original post by PythianLegume
I don't have a clear definition for smart or intelligent, but I imagine it's what most people would think - your capacity for reasoning and your 'thinking power' - your cognitive abilities.

I think the difference in our thinking is not that I see intelligence as knowing stuff, it's that you see education as merely helping you to know stuff, whereas I think that education leads to an increase in your intelligence and cognitive abilities. As you do more work, you simply get more practice with using your brain and thinking, hence you actually get smarter, as well as just learning more.

This being the basis on which you can do a degree in engineering then work at a bank.
OK I don't know about other people but the last 2 days have gone really quickly cannot believe it is starting tomorrow 2 days till we get our results.
Original post by ElChapo
This post is just terrible... Back that claim up please, I'm just intrigued to know from which study you learnt of this "correlation" because I have a feeling it's bullcrap. Also remember that intelligence isn't necessarily measured by the grades one achieves.

I agree, and I believe Wealth can only affect potential rather than intelligence. E.g. enough wealth for private school fees gives a better teaching experience which allows students to show their potential more than the state school can. (that is an assumption though)
I am soo nervous 4 these results. more so than GCSE results. does any one no of yves already has our grades?

also of I did poorly would my firm uni decline me an offer b4 I even.read my own results? :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest