The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Did anyone do the Edexcel GCSE History A course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
in what way? as in you are in year 9 so you'll have lower boundaries (or your own) ? .... No sorry
or if there are a lot of early entries overall and majority did poorly? ... yes, because they would drag the average down

does that make sense ??

i was asking if they would go down or up not in a mean way
did anyone do the edexcel geography A skills and challenges exam ?//
Reply 2683
Original post by Vashappeninkira

Me
Reply 2684
I'm coming back from holiday on results day so will have no access to internet until I get home very late at night. Does anyone know the protocol for if you don't go in to collect them? I know it might differ from school to school, but I'm assuming they'll post them?
Reply 2685

I did aswell, how did you find it?
Does anyone know what order the results are in on the paper? Is it by exams you did first to last, or just random?
awww im sure you will get it !!! mine was the same i made some silly miskakes but some questions baffled me which has never happened before i need 75 out of 85 for an a* OVER ALL so i dont thin k i will get it
the think that is anoying is that i can get and a* in all exams and coursework and not get an A|* overall

Thank you :smile: I need two good A*s in these papers to get an A* overall so I don't think I will get it either! But I think an A is a good grade to aim for seeing as I got a B in my first exam and didn't resit! (don't think I would have done as well in my June exams if I had to revise for biology too)
Oh that's weird! How come? On AQA it's very possible I could get Bs on all three exams but because I got an A* on coursework I can get an A?! I'm sure you would have done great though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boldred
I'm coming back from holiday on results day so will have no access to internet until I get home very late at night. Does anyone know the protocol for if you don't go in to collect them? I know it might differ from school to school, but I'm assuming they'll post them?

At my school they already have our individual address on the envelope when we come to collect them, and then send home the ones that weren't picked up the same day!
Original post by Smarty.
I did aswell, how did you find it?

i found the second bit easy but the first bit with the welsh map was soooooo difficult what about you???
Original post by zed963
Me

how did you find it ?
Reply 2691
how did you find it ?

I didn't like the map stuff. The challenges part was fine. What about you ?
Original post by CheesePuffff
Thank you :smile: I need two good A*s in these papers to get an A* overall so I don't think I will get it either! But I think an A is a good grade to aim for seeing as I got a B in my first exam and didn't resit! (don't think I would have done as well in my June exams if I had to revise for biology too)
Oh that's weird! How come? On AQA it's very possible I could get Bs on all three exams but because I got an A* on coursework I can get an A?! I'm sure you would have done great though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wish i did aqa i hear its a good exam board for science THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! what other subjects and boards are you with
the challeneges was easy but the maps was soooo difficult !!!!! i liturally felt like crying !!! how do you think the grade boundries are like ???/
i wish i did aqa i hear its a good exam board for science THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! what other subjects and boards are you with

Yeah, and you're welcome :smile:
Uhm I did AQA english, OCR French, art and RE, edexcel history and maths, and WJEC media! What about you - any in common? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any strategies/ things to say of calming your parents down when you get bad grades????? :smile:

My parents sound like the complete opposite to yours-have you got any strategies for stopping your parents from saying stupid things like"you tried your best" "it's still a pass", when you've failed?
Original post by CheesePuffff
Yeah, and you're welcome :smile:
Uhm I did AQA english, OCR French, art and RE, edexcel history and maths, and WJEC media! What about you - any in common? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha yeah a few in common !!!!! edexcel geo maths (linear) ocr french re bio chem phy aqa history and english how did you find the re and the french !!!!
Original post by Dalek1099
My parents sound like the complete opposite to yours-have you got any strategies for stopping your parents from saying stupid things like"you tried your best" "it's still a pass", when you've failed?

hahahhaha if only they did say that !!!! ive got my parents saying and b is an fail and im like oh hell no should i get the rule book out !!!! they are all like you better do good or else !!! or else what ??????
Original post by techno836
in what way? as in you are in year 9 so you'll have lower boundaries (or your own) ? .... No sorry
or if there are a lot of early entries overall and majority did poorly? ... yes, because they would drag the average down

does that make sense ??

Early entries shouldn't really effect the grade boundaries-if the standard produced by pupils is very poor then pass rates will be very low.The grade boundaries are calculated through comparing the standards of pupils from year to year-it's not done like top 10% A* or top 20% A or any fixed percentage but there are rumours of results being fixed to percentages to avoid grade inflation.The model that GCSEs are run under means that 100% could get an A* if they are talented enough but this is extremely extremely unlikely.
hahaha yeah a few in common !!!!! edexcel geo maths (linear) ocr french re bio chem phy aqa history and english how did you find the re and the french !!!!

RE is one of the subjects I'm fairly confident about, the two exams I did this June went well, I think. French I'm not so sure, the listening was quite easy but the reading was a bit trickier than the practice papers I had done! Came out of it a bit miffed but I don't think I failed or anything, but I'll be a little annoyed if I don't get an A*!
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest