The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elixirs
Agh that's annoying, ICT teachers have that reputation:wink: but I guess it's still alright having done them in year 8/9! Our was a last minute cram after a year of a dreadful teacher. Though, to this day I forget about it as a qualification, it does me no favours:unimpressed:

Exactly!!! This is why I had to calmy tell Mr Dalek that he was not getting A*A*A!
A common one in our school is Business Studies, "i'm getting 4 GCSEs" oh really? for copying and pasting?!?:confused:

None of its copy and pasting:confused:That would be illegal and warrant them to be disqualified from the qualification.My Business teacher often use to tell people that they know they have copied and pasted and to go and write it all again and the BTEC/OCR National grades are fully equivalent to GCSE grades as proven by League Table Points now I admit they not very well respected but thats a different story.A lot of my Business course and virtually all of my ICT course was done without even using a textbook never mind copy and pasting.
Original post by CheesePuffff
RE is one of the subjects I'm fairly confident about, the two exams I did this June went well, I think. French I'm not so sure, the listening was quite easy but the reading was a bit trickier than the practice papers I had done! Came out of it a bit miffed but I don't think I failed or anything, but I'll be a little annoyed if I don't get an A*!
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

same re was easy!!!!!
french was difficult the reading story about the rapper was diffcult i hope the grade boudries are low what do you think you will need on the reading for an a*
Original post by Dalek1099

1) It is sarcasm
2) the BTEC is useless :lol:
I find it very intriguing when you hear about people missing out on grades by a few marks because so far I've been very lucky 242/300(A) for German,366/400(A*) for Core Science,218/240(A*) for English Literature and 270/300(A*) for English Language.I hope I'm going to be lucky again this results day because it would be so painful to miss out by a few marks on a GCSE grade, I think my French and RE GCSE are going to be at the A/A* boundary and I really hope I'm on the right side again.
(edited 10 years ago)
I find it very intriging when you hear sbout people missing out on grades by a few marks because so far I've been very lucky 242/300(A) for German,366/400(A*) for Core Science,218/240(A*) for English Literature and 270/300(A*) for English Language.I hope I'm goign to be lucky agian this results day because it would be so painful to miss out by a few marks on a GCSE grade, I think my French and RE GCSE are going to be at the A/A* boundary and I really hope I'm on the right side again.

You say this every time :colonhash:
Reply 2705
None of its copy and pasting:confused:That would be illegal and warrant them to be disqualified from the qualification.My Business teacher often use to tell people that they know they have copied and pasted and to go and write it all again and the BTEC/OCR National grades are fully equivalent to GCSE grades as proven by League Table Points now I admit they not very well respected but thats a different story.A lot of my Business course and virtually all of my ICT course was done without even using a textbook never mind copy and pasting.

Okay firstly replying to a reply I sent a FEW DAYS AGO to SOMEONE ELSE... that's a little much, no?

Not illegal. But would warrant a disqualification... however it is hard to prove and it is a common thing amongst BTEC coursework, this cannot be denied especially by anyone who has done a BTEC in the past like myself.

The reason some may not respect BTEC is because of the lack of monitoring and the ease of cheating, finding a short cut to a quick qualification if you like.

Really? again that's easy to say at the end of the day:colone:
Original post by Vashappeninkira
same re was easy!!!!!
french was difficult the reading story about the rapper was diffcult i hope the grade boudries are low what do you think you will need on the reading for an a*

Oh yeah I remember that question, that was the one where I was like oh noooo! Haha but hopefully they'll be low, I just had a quick check and it was 32/40 in 2012 and 30/40 in 2011 so hopefully they'll be around that this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BTEC does not equal GCSE.
Anyone here do Edexcel Spanish?
Reply 2709
Original post by CheesePuffff
Yep! I made some really stupid mistakes where I could have easily got another 3 or 4 marks :/ how did you find it, and the other two sciences?
So did I, im anxious that I've just missed my predicted grade:frown: Chemistry was ok- I made a few silly mistakes, physics was easy, I found! What about yourself?:smile:
Reply 2710

Lol I agree with Dalek about BTEC/OCR National grades being equivalent to GCSEs, but that's just because I'm doing the OCR ICT nationals and I'm counting mine as A*A. :colone:
What actually is a BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2712
I find it very intriguing when you hear about people missing out on grades by a few marks because so far I've been very lucky 242/300(A) for German,366/400(A*) for Core Science,218/240(A*) for English Literature and 270/300(A*) for English Language.I hope I'm going to be lucky again this results day because it would be so painful to miss out by a few marks on a GCSE grade, I think my French and RE GCSE are going to be at the A/A* boundary and I really hope I'm on the right side again.

I don't see what you get by doing this? Internal satisfaction? Just stop, please!

So you admit that you have been very lucky?:colone:
Original post by sr234
So did I, im anxious that I've just missed my predicted grade:frown: Chemistry was ok- I made a few silly mistakes, physics was easy, I found! What about yourself?:smile:

Me too! :frown: Hopefully it will be fine :smile: Ooh, I found chemistry the easiest (although I'm sure I made some silly mistakes too) but maybe that's because I revised more for that than physics - I only revised for physics in 5 days because I just found that I revised loads for my earlier exams, and also physics and the poetry English lit exam were on the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
It's like a subject you take but it's coursework based and you get graded on it... e.g. some people do btec business rather than gcse or something throughout the whole year:

For Btec:
Distinction* = A*
Distinction = A
Merit = B
Pass = C

Although it's not as respected and it's easier compared to gcse level, but it is the equivalent of a GCSE grade, so if you get a distinction that correlates to a GCSE A grade,

Jatz

Ah okay :smile: My school doesn't offer BTECs so I had no idea what they were :lol:
Reply 2715
Original post by Red Fox
Anyone here do Edexcel Spanish?

Me! How did you find the exams?
Does anyone who's signed up for Edexcel Direct Results (online Edexcel results), know when the results will be published? I've heard that they're available at midnight despite what the website says yet I've also heard that it's in the morning around 6am. Does anyone who perhaps have siblings or any past experience know when they're available?
Original post by Mário
Me! How did you find the exams?

Reading exam I am quite confident about. Was getting high 30's on past papers and I think I have 35+. Listening was difficult in my opinion. In particular the questions about job interviews and the one about a camping trip or something. I'll be lucky to scrape 30 in that. I'm usually very accurate with my mark predictions.
Original post by Jatz07
How are you feeling for Results day??

9 days to go... as today is nearly over !!

Jatz

I'm stressing, not gonna lie :s-smilie: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I cannot get back into my school... I need so many damn A's it's not even funny. The only subject I'm confident about is maths... I would have been confident in English but for some reason for one of the exams my English just failed me and I couldn't come up with any coherent sentences, and plus my last 2 coursework pieces didn't go very well. Same goes for my history... The way I usually write just didn't come to me especially in my last exam and I for some reason I just left out so many techniques. Hopefully my coursework pulls me through. Another subject is classical civilisation which I would have been confident about except that I got a B in the coursework. My french writing exam wasn't very good either simply because I didn't revise which I blame myself for. Listening was appalling but it's always been like that for me. For all 3 sciences, I barely revised either and made so many stupid errors and there were definitely bits that I didn't know especially in physics. Latin wasn't bad in the literature but my language papers are always quite bad since I don't revise grammar. I have some hope in Art but then again, I did nothing throughout the year although I did catch up to doing all the required pieces by the end, but still wouldn't put too much hope on it since I've done the least in my sketchbooks out of everybody... So knowing all of that how am I ever getting back into my school? I'm going to be one of the few every year not to get back in. Anyone want to consolidate me somewhat?

Latest