The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So so nervous about results, I'm working tomorrow during the day and should be happy as it'll take my mind off it but I'm worried that I'll be distracted in work all day, was going to go to the cinema tomorrow evening but think I'm going to give it a miss. I've always done okay in exams bar one AS Module which went really badly but I'm worried about my exams, since I did that AS module in January of AS, my confidence in my abilities for English Lit has just been in the pits and I'm worried something similar happened to me in June. Also worried about my French, especially as my course is Journalism with French.

The weeks leading up to now have flew in but I feel like this week is going to drag
Anyone in this thread do CCEA Geography? Was wondering if you would know what the A2 raw boundaries are usually like. I have seen the 2010 ones already.

Also do CCEA give you your raw marks on the online results site?
Original post by DavidM95
Yeah definitely. I really want my firm option though!
<br />
<br />

It is an impressive option to be doing to be fair. Does it include a year abroad since you're doing a language?
Original post by Ché.
It depends if anything phases you, OR if you have good vibes about your generic performance!

What you may see on that mark scheme could well comply with what you wrote but you might be nervous to remember all what you had wrote!

Confusing, but it definitely depends...
:smile::wink::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true! I will wait then, no point in giving myself anxiety haha! I want to say I'm hopeful because my firm keeps sending me emails but I'm telling myself they are just general lol... They probably are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xDanny 117
Anyone in this thread do CCEA Geography? Was wondering if you would know what the A2 raw boundaries are usually like. I have seen the 2010 ones already.

Also do CCEA give you your raw marks on the online results site?

I do CCEA geography but couldn't tell you what the boundaries are because I don't think they release them usually.

And I'm not sure about raw marks on each module but they definitely give ums scores.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4125
Original post by Unashamed Geek
<br />
<br />

It is an impressive option to be doing to be fair. Does it include a year abroad since you're doing a language?

Yeah third year is spent abroad.. Haven't thought about that yet!
You staying at Elms?
Reply 4126
Original post by iamsuperjai
Hi my offer is exactly like yours:AAB. Though I dont think I've messed up any of my exams too badly, Im extremely worried Im still not gonna get my offer. :s-smilie: But I figured that if I miss by just a one grade Im certainly gonna phone my firm uni as I dont wanna go to my insurance.. I think it will be worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way I understand it if you have been marked in UCAS as rejected / unsuccessful with your firm then there is no point calling unless you want to personally hear them say no. If you have missed your offer and UCAS still shows "conditional" then call. Be prepared with something to say as to why you think they should still take you.
Does anyone have a login for the Edexcel June 13 mark schemes? I need History and English Lit...or should I not bother and stay nervous for Thursday?
Yeah third year is spent abroad.. Haven't thought about that yet!
You staying at Elms?

Very nice! Hopefully, it's my first choice :biggrin: You?
Reply 4129
Original post by Sapphire123
Has anyone confirmed their edexcel login, i got a verification email a few days ago and if you have do you know what time the results will be shown?

6 AM
Original post by ve_1995
Yeah exactly :/ Is there lots of coursework for music?

Well the coursework is fine, it's just the exam work would require me to learn about a years worth of new materials. You can retake the different components like performance, composition or exam separately which is a life-saver. What's coursework like for your subjects?
Reply 4131
Original post by bunny96
Same! Whenever I get into bed all I can think about is results day and I end up staying up for another three hours just thinking about it :frown:

Imagine the night's sleep we'll have on Thursday! I'm going to lie in on Friday to make up for the lack of sleep!
Reply 4132
Very nice! Hopefully, it's my first choice :biggrin: You?

Same here :smile:
Another question: I understand unis received our results yesterday but when do they generally change our offers to unconditional/unsuccessful? Is this around 8AM on Thursday or can it be before then? I know they can do it a lot later but when is the earliest?

You can tell the nerves are setting in for me.
I'm so nervous, I really don't know what to expect! :frown:
Same here :smile:

We so have to meet up then! :smile:
I think I'll know my grades once the grade boundaries are released

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelloTotoro
Another question: I understand unis received our results yesterday but when do they generally change our offers to unconditional/unsuccessful? Is this around 8AM on Thursday or can it be before then? I know they can do it a lot later but when is the earliest?

You can tell the nerves are setting in for me.

I assumed that they can change the status any time now since updates from ucas to us is closed.. And so we would only find out when ucas officially opens on Thursday morning from 8 if we have met the conditions of our offer. Last year people began receiving updates from 7.30 but ucas aims for 8. And some unis even send out confirmation emails before ucas updates even though they're not meant to :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4138
We so have to meet up then! :smile:

Definitely! :biggrin:
Original post by Andaxay
Imagine the night's sleep we'll have on Thursday! I'm going to lie in on Friday to make up for the lack of sleep!

I'm not even going to bother sleeping. Just going to marathon a movie.

Latest