The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlie4590
What do people who did GEOG3 AQA think the grade boundaries for an A*/A will be?
I'm asking the same question, this exam is literally the decider on whether or not I go to uni :s-smilie: any ideas??
I feel so nervous I feel sick! It's the fact i know iv let myself down and could have done better :frown: there's nothing worse!! Iv had a run to try and destress me but I can tell I need to cry in such fear hahaha

and to people debating on whether to look at boundaries or not, if you are not a stressful person like me then it's fine. However, if your not I recommend you don't as I did I January and I made myself so worried!!
Reply 4182
Original post by Tom_green_day
Well the coursework is fine, it's just the exam work would require me to learn about a years worth of new materials. You can retake the different components like performance, composition or exam separately which is a life-saver. What's coursework like for your subjects?

Ah the coursework for my subjects wasn't so bad because it was only English that I had to do coursework in :smile: Anyway hopefully we'll get the exam results we want so there'll be no retakes!! Trying to be positive about it now haha.
Which is a better uni for biology, Manchester or Bristol??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I'm guessing 61-62 for an A in S1, but it would be nice if it were lower.

Yeah those were my initial guesses as well, I'm firmly assuming that it will be 61/75 but you never know. As for M1, it is probably going to be 58/75
Original post by berkley12
I'm asking the same question, this exam is literally the decider on whether or not I go to uni :s-smilie: any ideas??

I was thinking 68 for an A* and 60 for an A? You?? My only guide with my estimate is June 2012 being supposedly being easier with the majority doing the tectonics essay which was a really good essay, and it was 69 for an A*, the highest boundaries so far, so i'm going a little lower?? Also being hopeful aha.
(edited 10 years ago)
Watching tdwpplaya's videos on youtube to kill time!
checking track even though I know it won't show anything

Spoiler

Reply 4188
Original post by Samantha1234
I feel so nervous I feel sick! It's the fact i know iv let myself down and could have done better :frown: there's nothing worse!! Iv had a run to try and destress me but I can tell I need to cry in such fear hahaha

and to people debating on whether to look at boundaries or not, if you are not a stressful person like me then it's fine. However, if your not I recommend you don't as I did I January and I made myself so worried!!

I'm in the same shoes. I'm not going on TSR on Wednesday so I can steer well clear of grade boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlie4590
What do people who did GEOG3 AQA think the grade boundaries for an A*/A will be?

I think they may be on the lower side given that the exam was quite hard! Or that it was just oddly phrased and they slipped Mann-Whitney in. :frown:
Original post by needtosucceed=)

Spoiler

Not long to go anyway. The less you think about it, the faster it will seem that time passes.
going to see The Conjuring on Wednesday night..... i dunno if this is the best idea or not hahahahahaha

Spoiler

We can be twin.
Great minds think alike :biggrin:
Original post by Fas
going to see The Conjuring on Wednesday night..... i dunno if this is the best idea or not hahahahahaha

Dude, just have your phone ready to call your parents to save you in the middle of the night...my heart nearly exploded in my chest when I went to bed
Original post by Fas

I don't know whether I want to do this!:lol: (although it'd have to be earlier because my friend has work at 8:frown:)

Spoiler

I've been doing the same thing. The first time i did it i saw 'Accepted' next to my firm, freaked out, and then realised it only said 'Conditional Offer (Firmly accepted)' :facepalm2:
Original post by Padouken
Not long to go anyway. The less you think about it, the faster it will seem that time passes.

yea I went out today which took my mind off it, but as soon as I get home and spend hours on the laptop time seems to freeze :rolleyes:
:zomg:

Hell no, not watching the conjuring :colonhash: so ****ing scary
Reply 4198
Original post by ScarlettFierce
That's true! I will wait then, no point in giving myself anxiety haha! I want to say I'm hopeful because my firm keeps sending me emails but I'm telling myself they are just general lol... They probably are!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, yes!
See... I don't know what those email are like personally, but I totally emphasise!

Check, but leave your in a place of uncertainty that the mark schemes are right... That will hold you for your nights sleep and you'll find out your fate on the upcoming hours!0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Orthrus
I've been doing the same thing. The first time i did it i saw 'Accepted' next to my firm, freaked out, and then realised it only said 'Conditional Offer (Firmly accepted)' :facepalm2:

Ahhh really, thats not happened to me, but my heart always starts to beat like crazy when I start scrolling down the page to see if anythings changed :colondollar:.
I think I'd pass out if it said unconditional next to my firm :eek:

Latest