The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
In order of descending difficulty I'd say Biology, Physics then Chemistry. Although my memory is a bit patchy:biggrin:.

I swap bio and physics! I hope for A*s in all though.
Original post by aasvogel
Our school has a big awards ceremony, where you get a certificate for completing it. Then there are awards for getting highest in the year in each individual subject and then other prizes. :colondollar:

:awesome: if I don't win Maths... :colonhash:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
ooooh, are you excited or nervous or both? :biggrin:

Excited:biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What were they again

I remember the B6 one about eutrophication and a factory (I messed that one up), B4 was capture-recapture ( did well on that one) and cant remember the third. For some reason for the B5 kidneys come to mind.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
I remember the B4 one about eutrophication and a factory (I messed that one up), B6 was capture-recapture ( did well on that one) and cant remember the third. For some reason for the B5 kidneys come to mind.

I was thinking kidneys as well :h:

I think I did well on those (but last year I thought that, was wrong :tongue:)

Excited:biggrin:

how do you think you've done? I know you self teach from the year 11 thread but I've never understood how you could do it with history?! It must be so hard :eek:
Same but A*A*A would be okay. I'm usually very confident, bordering on arrogant but I don't have a great feeling about Biology and Physics. Chemistry I would bet money on getting an A* all my strongest topics came up, it's like the exam was written to suit me.
Reply 2745
lol don't know why, but I watch this thread like a hawk:eyeball: The wait is killing me:bricks:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
how do you think you've done? I know you self teach from the year 11 thread but I've never understood how you could do it with history?! It must be so hard :eek:

History, hopefully an A.
Maths, minimum A I think, really want the A*:frown:
Original post by Red Fox
Same but A*A*A would be okay. I'm usually very confident, bordering on arrogant but I don't have a great feeling about Biology and Physics. Chemistry I would bet money on getting an A* all my strongest topics came up, it's like the exam was written to suit me.

I wouldn't be okay with it :redface:

I'd agree. Physics ---> Chemistry ---> Biology in order of confidence

You can go and collect your certificate, then there are awards for everyone who got 8 A*/A, 9A*/A, 10*A/A and then those who got 11*A/A. Then there's individual subject awards, awards for contribution to school (I think my teacher said I'm getting one for quizzes :cool: ) and then if anybody has one, awards for top in Northern Ireland. So yeah, should be fun. :colondollar:

I didn't win Maths last year, but this year I have two bets going for Add.Maths! :s-smilie:
Original post by sr234
lol don't know why, but I watch this thread like a hawk:eyeball: The wait is killing me:bricks:

Hahaha.... I am exactly the same!!! Just give me my damn results already!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can go and collect your certificate, then there are awards for everyone who got 8 A*/A, 9A*/A, 10*A/A and then those who got 11*A/A. Then there's individual subject awards, awards for contribution to school (I think my teacher said I'm getting one for quizzes :cool: ) and then if anybody has one, awards for top in Northern Ireland. So yeah, should be fun. :colondollar:

I didn't win Maths last year, but this year I have two bets going for Add.Maths! :s-smilie:

I think I'll have 14 A*/A maybe 15...

:eek: imagine having top in a country... Geography, RE, French, Business would be my only chances

11A/A*?:rolleyes: Most people in my school do 6-8 GCSEs:K:.
Reply 2751

:eek: imagine having top in a country... Geography, RE, French, Business would be my only chances

Every time you post it makes me feel thicker and thicker :frown:

:biggrin:
Reply 2752
Original post by gracey11
Hahaha.... I am exactly the same!!! Just give me my damn results already!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha snap! That envelope won't be sealed for very long, I can assure you:yep: However, if I get bad results im probably going to shove them back in the envelope before anyone see's I've opened them:facepalm:
Original post by Tibbz2
Every time you post it makes me feel thicker and thicker :frown:

:biggrin:

Nooo! My GCSEs are crap ones too!:biggrin:

Art, Media... Stats :tongue: they're useless:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
11A/A*?:rolleyes: Most people in my school do 6-8 GCSEs:K:.

Yeah about half the year do 11! Occasionally some people do 12 (maybe 1 person per year) and the school record is 14 (all A*)! :redface:

They used to do LLW too a year early so half the year would have 12 GCSEs!
Reply 2755
I did that exam! Physics was the hardest imo :yep:

thank you! someone that agrees. everyone else says it was easier than biology. i reckon physics was the hardest, chemistry the easiest.

so what do you think you got? what grade are you aiming for and what do you need in this exam to get it?
Original post by dopeyboi
thank you! someone that agrees. everyone else says it was easier than biology. i reckon physics was the hardest, chemistry the easiest.

so what do you think you got? what grade are you aiming for and what do you need in this exam to get it?

I agree with that!!

A*, I want an A*, I had 137/140 in unit 1, apparently full marks in coursework so I have leeway:redface:
Yeah about half the year do 11! Occasionally some people do 12 (maybe 1 person per year) and the school record is 14 (all A*)! :redface:

They used to do LLW too a year early so half the year would have 12 GCSEs!
Highest in my school is 9 GCSEs, probably done by about 15 students (including me). I'm hoping to get the 2nd best results in my year because one girl is nailed on for 9A*.

Is that all? :rolleyes:

I know! I'd love one! Our walls are littered with them, though they seem to have dwindled in years, one fella had I think 3 1st/ joint 1st. :redface:

My hopes are Spanish, Add.Maths and French. Spanish I got full marks in orals, 38/40 and 40/40 in the listening and reading, but not sure of writings, I wrote them as they were learnt, just hope they're given full marks! French is the same as Spanish, but I got 39/40 in the listening. (bloody crosswords!) Ahhh how I wish I knew the subjunctive back then. :frown:
Then in Maths I reckon I've dropped 2 marks in paper 1 and 3-5 on paper 2, but somebody is bound to have maxed it. :frown:

Do any other exam boards have them?
Original post by Red Fox
Highest in my school is 9 GCSEs, probably done by about 15 students (including me). I'm hoping to get the 2nd best results in my year because one girl is nailed on for 9A*.

How does she know for sure? (I know 9 of my results more or less, but can't tell for the two Englishes. :confused: )

Latest