The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Is it fair that some people find it so much easier to enjoy life?
Someone tell me a nice story!
Original post by danny111
Someone tell me a nice story!

Once upon a time there was a man called danny who found a feild fillled with candy floss and chocolates. At the end of the feild there was a sheep telling the piglets a story. The piglets were so excited at grandma sheeps story that when it had finished they trotted of into the sunset with all the othe baby animals and into the farmyard ready to go to sleep.

The end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
Had a really horrible appointment today where I had to talk about hard stuff. Don't know if I can do this. :cry2: Feel so low.

Has anyone been on quetiapine before? How did you find it? Were there any horrible side effects? :frown:

Well done for doing it. It's horrible when hard stuff comes up but hopefully it will mean they're better able to help you.

I just stopped quetiapine after being on it about a year and a half. Like the other person mentioned there was some weight gain although this tailed off and only became a problem again when I increased the dose. It's also got a reputation as being quite sedating and it certainly was for me; I'd take it and an hour later I could barely lift my arms above my head I was so tired. This didn't wear off. Although tbh I miss that side effect as I'm having huge problems sleeping now. I'd say it's worth giving it a shot as it helps a lot of people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid
Once upon a time there was a man called danny who found a feild fillled with candy floss and chocolates. At the end of the feild there was a sheep telling the piglets a story. The piglets were so excited at grandma sheeps story that when it had finished they trotted of into the sunset with all the othe baby animals and into the farmyard ready to go to sleep.

The end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you that actually made me cry. When I was a kid my best friend and another friend had to write a story in English class. We wrote about the three little pigs. The piglets reminded me of that. Even then I felt a bit isolated because I didn't connect with people except for a few odd one out, but overall that was an amazing time in my life. And I still remember that story.
I just made a big list of stuff I need to get done before Thursday and there's too much and I have 0 motivation and just wanna mope about instead.
Thank you that actually made me cry. When I was a kid my best friend and another friend had to write a story in English class. We wrote about the three little pigs. The piglets reminded me of that. Even then I felt a bit isolated because I didn't connect with people except for a few odd one out, but overall that was an amazing time in my life. And I still remember that story.

I didnt mean to make you cry but i hope it was happy tears! :smile: my highly random story cant make people sad :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5807
Can't put into words how rubbish I feel :cry2: Gaaaaah. I really want someone to come and give me a hug
Original post by 08batee
Can't put into words how rubbish I feel :cry2: Gaaaaah. I really want someone to come and give me a hug

:penguinhug: :grouphug: :hugs:
Have virtual ones from me :hugs:

Can you do something to enjoy to try improve your mood?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5809
:penguinhug: :grouphug: :hugs:
Have virtual ones from me :hugs:

Can you do something to enjoy to try improve your mood?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks sweetie :penguinhug: You're always so nice to me and I'm so useless in return :/ I don't know what to do really, feel really low and dead so I don't really have the motivation to move. I just want to sleep but it's not going to happen. I don't understand. So stupid, urgh
Original post by 08batee
Thanks sweetie :penguinhug: You're always so nice to me and I'm so useless in return :/ I don't know what to do really, feel really low and dead so I don't really have the motivation to move. I just want to sleep but it's not going to happen. I don't understand. So stupid, urgh

Your not useless at all! Your so nice to me and everyone else here!

What about watching a nice film or something so you can concentrate on that instead of feeling ****.

Your not stupid at all hun
:penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I'm probably still depressed after all these years, but never really properly sorted it out, just tried lots of different things that didn't work so I gave up with them and tried my best to just put up with the depressive feelings and try to improve my life. But crap things keep on constantly happening anyway and gets me round in circles all the time. I even thought finally entering my first romantic relationship would help cure me, and being with my boyfriend certainly does make me happy at times, but also it brings about its own problems (ie, we're long distance so I can't see him as often as I like, I often feel so unhappy about being far away from him, I'm quite jealous that he has a better life than I do, often wondering why he is with me, worrying he'll change his mind one day, etc). The main bane of my life though is jobs and careers issues, as well as struggling to get much of a social life. If I don't manage to get that sorted out soon, I feel like I'm screwed, yet everything's so confusing and difficult :frown:

Part of me wants to try getting some sort of therapy or counselling, but I'm too shy to try again, plus I have made attempts at counselling before but they didn't work out, so I'm scared of being disappointed again. Bleurgh.
I didnt mean to make you cry but i hope it was happy tears! :smile: my highly random story cant make people sad :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good tears! You know in a touching way. Reminded me life can be good. At the moment I guess I am vulnerable and whenever something important comes up I worry and feel helpless and scared and feel like giving up.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I feel like I'm probably still depressed after all these years, but never really properly sorted it out, just tried lots of different things that didn't work so I gave up with them and tried my best to just put up with the depressive feelings and try to improve my life. But crap things keep on constantly happening anyway and gets me round in circles all the time. I even thought finally entering my first romantic relationship would help cure me, and being with my boyfriend certainly does make me happy at times, but also it brings about its own problems (ie, we're long distance so I can't see him as often as I like, I often feel so unhappy about being far away from him, I'm quite jealous that he has a better life than I do, often wondering why he is with me, worrying he'll change his mind one day, etc). The main bane of my life though is jobs and careers issues, as well as struggling to get much of a social life. If I don't manage to get that sorted out soon, I feel like I'm screwed, yet everything's so confusing and difficult :frown:

Part of me wants to try getting some sort of therapy or counselling, but I'm too shy to try again, plus I have made attempts at counselling before but they didn't work out, so I'm scared of being disappointed again. Bleurgh.

That was me in my relationship. I think now in hindsight, you just have to do your best to ignore that. Your partner is with you and that is that. Be yourself, the person he loves and that is why he is with you.
That was me in my relationship. I think now in hindsight, you just have to do your best to ignore that. Your partner is with you and that is that. Be yourself, the person he loves and that is why he is with you.

Yeah, that's true. I think my mind's a bit scrambled because I have this history of people picking on me for being unattractive, and then all the bad luck I was constantly having with guys. So my boyfriend now just seems like quite an anomaly compared to all that, but I guess I just have to accept that everyone really is different and I should be grateful for what good things I have with him now and stop worrying about the past and other guys.

And about him having a better life than I do; he's always had steadier work than I have, as he's never had long periods of unemployment like I have, I don't feel like I really have any close friends or much of a social life, whereas he's really close to a lot of his friends and is always out every weekend with them, he lives in a wonderful area whereas I think mine is a bit crap and boring, and I could go on and on. I think I know some ways I could try to improve my life, but with some difficulty and luck.
Reply 5815
Your not useless at all! Your so nice to me and everyone else here!

What about watching a nice film or something so you can concentrate on that instead of feeling ****.

Your not stupid at all hun
:penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks hun, I dunno. I feel useless and it's hard. All I really want to do is curl up and cry but I don't think that's a good idea really. I might put a DVD on and try and concentrate on that instead. :/ Hope things are okay at the moment, sorry I've been so rubbish at supporting :hugs:
Good tears! You know in a touching way. Reminded me life can be good. At the moment I guess I am vulnerable and whenever something important comes up I worry and feel helpless and scared and feel like giving up.

glad they were good tears :smile:
life can always be good, no matter how **** things may get, you can ALWAYS get back some good parts in it :smile:
your not helpless, (is it you with the interveiws if not ignore me) you will be fine, i promise! didnt you do well in the last one??
you cant give up, not now not ever :fuhrer:
:smile:
Original post by 08batee
Thanks hun, I dunno. I feel useless and it's hard. All I really want to do is curl up and cry but I don't think that's a good idea really. I might put a DVD on and try and concentrate on that instead. :/ Hope things are okay at the moment, sorry I've been so rubbish at supporting :hugs:

your far from useless, and i know it! your a super starthat is so super strong, even if you cant see it at times :smile:
crying migh not be good if your down already, a dvd sounds fab, what about a hotchocolate aswell if you can bring yourself to it? i often find hotchcolates make me feel better.

things are up and down, new meds are showing me side effects atm, so its tough, but plans are starting to look good, which is massively keeping me going i think. good plans are good :smile:
:hugs:
Reply 5818
Hey everyone :smile:

Haven't been keeping up with the thread because I couldn't be bothered to both read and write anything.

Well, there are some updates since I last posted:

- My CBT therapist discharged me because he thought that I wasn't very stable so it would not be a good idea to continue with it until my mood becomes stable.
- My Sertaline has been increased to 100mg as there was no effect whatsoever.
- The appointment with my psychiatrist for September is being brought forward.

Apart from that, I find it hard to sleep at night and get out of bed in the morning, plus I can't concentrate on things. Eid was quite good, one day my cousins came and yesterday I went to another uncle's house. But generally my mood isn't very good.

How is everyone else doing? :smile: :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laying here staring into space numb after reading something that felt like i was being personally attacked.

I dont like numbness. Feel so ****ing **** :frown:

I give up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest