The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aasvogel
Is that all? :rolleyes:

I know! I'd love one! Our walls are littered with them, though they seem to have dwindled in years, one fella had I think 3 1st/ joint 1st. :redface:

My hopes are Spanish, Add.Maths and French. Spanish I got full marks in orals, 38/40 and 40/40 in the listening and reading, but not sure of writings, I wrote them as they were learnt, just hope they're given full marks! French is the same as Spanish, but I got 39/40 in the listening. (bloody crosswords!) Ahhh how I wish I knew the subjunctive back then. :frown:
Then in Maths I reckon I've dropped 2 marks in paper 1 and 3-5 on paper 2, but somebody is bound to have maxed it. :frown:

Do any other exam boards have them?

Yep, that's all I did:redface: actually I have photography.. But that's a C :mmm:

Woooaaah, I wish I could get one:redface:

Maths I reckon someone will have full, the languages you have a chance :teeth:

Not that I know of! Although for A Level WJEC give £50 for top UMS
Reply 2761
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I agree with that!!

A*, I want an A*, I had 137/140 in unit 1, apparently full marks in coursework so I have leeway:redface:

lucky you. i got the same in unit 1, but am unsure of coursework so i got alot more to be worried about. good luck to you anyway.
How does she know for sure? (I know 9 of my results more or less, but can't tell for the two Englishes. :confused: )

Well she had full UMS in most exams in Year 10 and studies like 3hrs a day. I know my results for 6 of them I think. Physics, Biology and RE are the ones I'm not sure on, they'll be on the A/A* boundary.
Original post by dopeyboi
lucky you. i got the same in unit 1, but am unsure of coursework so i got alot more to be worried about. good luck to you anyway.

:five:

My other scores weren't as good :redface:
Yep, that's all I did:redface: actually I have photography.. But that's a C :mmm:

Woooaaah, I wish I could get one:redface:

Maths I reckon someone will have full, the languages you have a chance :teeth:

Not that I know of! Although for A Level WJEC give £50 for top UMS

Haha I'm joking, 14/15 is incredible. Scrap the Photography!
It would be awesome, if not for GCSE - A-Level. :colone:
Yeah somebody is bound to have full, I would be more confident with languages, only I have a sneaky feeling my examiner for the writings won't be nice. :frown: Might scrape 2nd or 3rd, who knows? :tongue:
Whoa I could do with £50! And full UMS must be common enough?
Original post by elixirs
Yes, that is the GCSE coursework element not the rest of the GCSE examination.

Also, yes I know that some GCSEs are mainly coursework in themselves.

However, that is not the point I'm trying to state. My point is that GCSEs and BTECs are not compatible for you to make complete direct comparisons. Otherwise, they would not exist side by side.

Yes you can and this is done in the League Tables to prove my point and 2 OCR Nationals Distinctions are fully equivalent to an A* and an A at GCSE. There are quite often changes to these equivalences with some very odd 4 GCSE subjects being officially degraded on the League Table points to just one GCSE.
Original post by Red Fox
Well she had full UMS in most exams in Year 10 and studies like 3hrs a day. I know my results for 6 of them I think. Physics, Biology and RE are the ones I'm not sure on, they'll be on the A/A* boundary.

Oh that's really handy! Doing well in early modules rocks! All I needed was like 51% in this year's Geography for an A. :colondollar:
I know my Science results purely based on last year, the controlled assessments and that I went through the paper with my teacher after and know what I've got wrong. Everyone else hates post-mortems of tests, but they've taken a lot of stress off of me for Thursday!
Haha I'm joking, 14/15 is incredible. Scrap the Photography!
It would be awesome, if not for GCSE - A-Level. :colone:
Yeah somebody is bound to have full, I would be more confident with languages, only I have a sneaky feeling my examiner for the writings won't be nice. :frown: Might scrape 2nd or 3rd, who knows? :tongue:
Whoa I could do with £50! And full UMS must be common enough?

:ahee:

You have to write in exams? :redface: ours is controlled assesment...

That'd be awesome!

Haha, at A Level? Full UMS throughout the whole A2?:redface:
Original post by sr234
Haha snap! That envelope won't be sealed for very long, I can assure you:yep: However, if I get bad results im probably going to shove them back in the envelope before anyone see's I've opened them:facepalm:

That's also going to be my tactic!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'd be awesome!

Full UMS at A-Level? Bloody hell. Challenge Accepted:colonhash:
Reply 2770
Nooo! My GCSEs are crap ones too!:biggrin:

Art, Media... Stats :tongue: they're useless:smile:

I'd be pleased with getting an A* in my best subject or two and that's it! I'm even at risk of failing Lit :colondollar:
Original post by Red Fox
Wanted an A* but I've already accepted I have an A but hopefully a pleasant surprise for me next Thursday.

This sounds similar to my situation with Geography, I tried really hard for the Unit 3 exam on Tourism and I knew that if my coursework remained the same through moderation that I would need 93 UMS/100 to get an A* but I found the exam very hard and really didn't think my explanations flowed well so I've given up on the A* and am holding onto to getting an A because I feel that I'm very far from an A* and almost the same distance away from a B, which I believe is actually possible but it would be an extremely disappointing grade form me to get because I got 100 UMS/100 for Unit 1 on Coasts.
Oh that's really handy! Doing well in early modules rocks! All I needed was like 51% in this year's Geography for an A. :colondollar:
I know my Science results purely based on last year, the controlled assessments and that I went through the paper with my teacher after and know what I've got wrong. Everyone else hates post-mortems of tests, but they've taken a lot of stress off of me for Thursday!

Haha I always count up my marks I think I definitely have and the take 10% off for silly mistakes then base my predictions on that.
Original post by Red Fox
Haha I always count up my marks I think I definitely have and the take 10% off for silly mistakes then base my predictions on that.

Yeah I did this for every exam! Counted up the marks I had definitely lost, went through the paper asking questions and worked out what I had. :tongue:
Original post by Dalek1099
This sounds similar to my situation with Geography, I tried really hard for the Unit 3 exam on Tourism and I knew that if my coursework remained the same through moderation that I would need 93 UMS/100 to get an A* but I found the exam very hard and really didn't think my explanations flowed well so I've given up on the A* and am holding onto to getting an A because I feel that I'm very far from an A* and almost the same distance away from a B, which I believe is actually possible but it would be an extremely disappointing grade form me to get because I got 100 UMS/100 for Unit 1 on Coasts.
I did my Geography GCSE in Year 9 and 10. Ended up with A* and A in exams with an A in coursework. Could have resit but stuck with the A. Wouldn't have revised anyway because Geography bores me.

That'd be awesome!

Full UMS at GCSE? Or is the £50 only for A-Level?
Of course getting one at A-Level is just wishful thinking haha.
Our writings are controlled assessments too, but they're marked by external examiners. :frown:
Original post by Red Fox
Full UMS at A-Level? Bloody hell. Challenge Accepted:colonhash:

Same :h:

Chem, Geography for WJEC I'll try!

Original post by Tibbz2
I'd be pleased with getting an A* in my best subject or two and that's it! I'm even at risk of failing Lit :colondollar:

:redface:

You won't fail! Lit can be dodgy!

Full UMS at GCSE? Or is the £50 only for A-Level?
Of course getting one at A-Level is just wishful thinking haha.
Our writings are controlled assessments too, but they're marked by external examiners. :frown:

At A Level!:lol:

Aah, ours are moderated, mine weren't picked! (even though I got 40/40 in oral and 40/40 in writing)
Same :h:

Chem, Geography for WJEC I'll try!

Aah, ours are moderated, mine weren't picked! (even though I got 40/40 in oral and 40/40 in writing)

I always get picked for moderation:angry:. Hopefully OCR Physics and AQA Maths will become my slaves.

Ohhhh that makes sense - I was wondering why WJEC weren't broke!

That would be a lot better! My oral marks are grand, and my writings were A* standard (the teachers always checked. :tongue:), just don't know if the examiner will give full marks!
Reply 2779

Not as dodgy as my exam went :lol:

Latest