The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
oh wow that is pure torture...

I know it is :frown:
Original post by Ché.
Ah, man!
That is absolute disrespect at its highest...

The sheet laughter I share to think that my school cannot even stunt like so - we're the top year in the school, meaning the first year of entry so this is as important as everything right now!

LOL!
I hope you smash yours so the relief is ever so sweeter on the 19th for you!

Hahah I think it is disrespectful too, they said its to give the a2 students more space when they get there results, well I'm sure most of the will be in as soon as doors open to get the, anyway so they could have at least have told us to wait until the afternoon or even Friday, but Monday is a bit of a piss take :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SyedaK
That must be the most frustrating thing in the world, especially when 90% of students get it on the 15th. personally, I wouldn't stand still. I'd hold a protest with the other students or complain or something. And why don't you guys get it on Friday instead of Monday?

No idea that's what I thought aswell Monday is unfair especially with it being over the weekend and it will be when all my friends will be celebrating and the wait is just going to be torture, argh I'm so annoyed at my college :frown:

Original post by Zaphod77
Are they doing that with A2 students as well? Or just AS? Because if they're doing it with A2 then that's stupid, those students might need those results for ringing up universities if they go into clearing...

Just as students, however some people in my year still need there results for apprenticeships or if they are going to a different college, or even just for piece of mind like me haha! I just think its unfair to make us wait until Monday as even though it doesn't make much of an impact the wait will be annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LCFCKris
What time will our UCAS tracks be updated on results day?

Ucas says 8am, but last year people were getting updates from 7 ! x
Original post by Fas
hahaha adopt the yolo attitude and just do it , besides i ALWAYS end up laughing in horror movies for some reason , so hopefully this one shouldn't be too bad :tongue:

No way, trailer spooked me...
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm pretty baffled how he's in the green then :redface:

People find them amusing?
Original post by dan94adibi
Anyone here going to LSE for Accounting & Finance?

No, but hopefully Econ! How are you feeling?
49 hours and 13 minutes till RESULTS DAY.

That sounds even more scary... O.O
I have to make my own way into school now as my parents will be away on that day. Its going to be a lovely 2 hour bus journey in :redface:
Original post by Divergent
49 hours and 13 minutes till RESULTS DAY.

That sounds even more scary... O.O

Hi all,

Just to wish all of you good luck with your results and that you all get the grades you deserve.

Im not going to tell you not to panic because im sure you've all worked very hard and have vital university places hinging on your results which could determine the degree you do and what you want to study and where you go, not to mention if you get 3 E or U grades at A2 you've basically wasted 2 years of your life.

So yeah, go ahead and panic away - If i was in your position i would be ****ting it too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish

People find them amusing?

That must be the reason :tongue:
That must be the reason :tongue:

You feeling better today?:h:
Reply 4269
Original post by iamthestig
My dreams are getting increasingly bizarre

Last night dreamt I needed to go to the toilet (after getting my results envelope) which was at the top of a huge tower in a really old building with a winding staircase leading up to it.

Then when I got there, to get back down, I had to abseil down a ridiculously unrealistically sized cardboard DVD shelf thing, like you see in a supermarket

Then when I got to the bottom I was irate as a man wouldn't believe they were my DVDs as I hadn't taken the price tags off?

I don't even...

My dream was extra extra weird and sad. I dreamt that me and my friend Worked overtime (I don't work) and we were on our way to school afterward and saw the gates locked.

I looked at the time and realised it was 3PM! I cried because I missed results day!

And not only that....

I was getting married today too (I'm 17!!) and I had to get ready by 6. When I reached home, I remembered I didn't even hire a car and my bridesmaid all looked like they were dressed in rags.

I also realised I didn't even like my husband-to-be. So we both rejected each other and the end! To put simply, the worst day ever!
Original post by phippsyc
I know it is :frown:

No idea that's what I thought aswell Monday is unfair especially with it being over the weekend and it will be when all my friends will be celebrating and the wait is just going to be torture, argh I'm so annoyed at my college :frown:

Just as students, however some people in my year still need there results for apprenticeships or if they are going to a different college, or even just for piece of mind like me haha! I just think its unfair to make us wait until Monday as even though it doesn't make much of an impact the wait will be annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it must be awful, but some schools do give out their AS results on a later date than the A2 so then they can concentrate on helping the A2 students move on to the next stage. Normally AS students only have to wait till the Friday though, I do feel for you... And I understand they can have an impact, but it is because everyone's moving on from A2, whereas only some are from AS.
I have to make my own way into school now as my parents will be away on that day. Its going to be a lovely 2 hour bus journey in :redface:

I'm actually dreading it myself.

Plus finding which hall (girls/boys/music/drama/main..etc) my results are going to be in is going to be so stressful.
I know i'm going to cry on thursday....

We've been working for this day for like.. 11 years O.O
Original post by kidomo
Try sinister:shakes:

Sinister is not scary ! that was more comedy than horror , although the scene with the huge dog and the 5 dead children standing behind him was jumpy i'll give you that haha :cool:
Original post by JOR2010
No, but hopefully Econ! How are you feeling?

Concerned. Not sure how I've done in my economics exam!

What about you!?
My offer is reliant on my 3 Alevels plus 1 GCSE that I re-did this year! Does the uni know my GCSE grade by now? And will I find out on track in the morning if I get in or will I have to wait until GCSE results day?
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Found out I get to pick up my results at 8AM which is an hour earlier than I thought before. THE WAIT HAS SHORTENED.

You're so lucky, our school doesn't open until 9:30 for us to collect our results. That's a whole 90 excruciating minutes extra for me to wait! :tongue:
Original post by SyedaK
My dream was extra extra weird and sad. I dreamt that me and my friend Worked overtime (I don't work) and we were on our way to school afterward and saw the gates locked.

I looked at the time and realised it was 3PM! I cried because I missed results day!

And not only that....

I was getting married today too (I'm 17!!) and I had to get ready by 6. When I reached home, I remembered I didn't even hire a car and my bridesmaid all looked like they were dressed in rags.

I also realised I didn't even like my husband-to-be. So we both rejected each other and the end! To put simply, the worst day ever!

Wow, well that's weird and depressing.

Damn you stress, ruining our psyches
Reply 4277
Original post by Divergent
I'm actually dreading it myself.

Plus finding which hall (girls/boys/music/drama/main..etc) my results are going to be in is going to be so stressful.
I know i'm going to cry on thursday....

We've been working for this day for like.. 11 years O.O

:afraid:
Original post by Orthrus
You just know it has though D:

Wow, Kings is pretty bad ass! I firmed Lancaster, and took Leeds as my insurance

Spoiler

aha thanks, dunno if i've made the grades tho :frown:
LOL aww, but thats good cause you've got a higher chance of going to the place you really wanna go :smile:
what course?
Original post by dan94adibi
Concerned. Not sure how I've done in my economics exam!

What about you!?

Hahaha, the same! Which I suppose is worrying, given I'm an Economics applicant. Which board are you on?

Latest