The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracey11
That's also going to be my tactic!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And mine!
Original post by Red Fox
I always get picked for moderation:angry:. Hopefully OCR Physics and AQA Maths will become my slaves.

My moderations...
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Geography... Think that's it
Original post by aasvogel
Ohhhh that makes sense - I was wondering why WJEC weren't broke!

That would be a lot better! My oral marks are grand, and my writings were A* standard (the teachers always checked. :tongue:), just don't know if the examiner will give full marks!

:ahee:

:biggrin: you'll be fine :colone:
Original post by Tibbz2
Not as dodgy as my exam went :lol:

How dodgy was your exam?:tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think I'll have 14 A*/A maybe 15...

:eek: imagine having top in a country... Geography, RE, French, Business would be my only chances

14? Blimey. We were required to do 12 (if we were in the top few sets who did triple science) as our school believed that the English Baccalaureate was actually important. That twelfth subject was meant to be a language but I went and chose a second tech and I'm quite glad I did so. I've done 13 but only because, for some reason, Applied Business gives you two GCSEs. However I think the best I can actually do is 10 A* and 3 A because I messed up my sciences by not revising hard enough... There's a slim chance I might have got an A* in Biology but I doubt I'd get an A* in Music so I'm still looking at 10 A*. It sounds bad, but I'd be annoyed if I got less than 8 A* and especially annoyed if I get a B in anything (other than Music really).

But anyway, my school doesn't allow you to do more than 13 in Year 10/11. The only way to do more is to do them a year earlier and the only people who do that are those who are from another country so they can pass an MFL exam with flying colours. I'm not sure if they're included in your final GCSE results though as they're often done with another school.
Original post by tsjmcgrath

That's a bloody lot of A*s :tongue:

I did History and Media in Year 9:smile:
Reply 2784

How dodgy was your exam?:tongue:

Well I don't really remember, it was a bit of a blur because I was so tired... I do remember doing the Mice and Men question completely wrong, the Inspector calls question badly, and then nigh on falling asleep for the poetry section. :colondollar: All good fun! :lol:
Original post by Tibbz2
Well I don't really remember, it was a bit of a blur because I was so tired... I do remember doing the Mice and Men question completely wrong, the Inspector calls question badly, and then nigh on falling asleep for the poetry section. :colondollar: All good fun! :lol:

I did An Inspector Calls :yep:
Quite liked the play
Reply 2786
Quite liked the play

Yeah the play was enjoyable, I just couldn't 'apply my knowledge' very well :tongue:
That's a bloody lot of A*s :tongue:

I did History and Media in Year 9:smile:

Yeah, haha, I don't know how I'll feel if I do get them. I would say "over the moon" but I know I won't be like that. I don't really get excited or relieved about things any more for some reason... I just get anxious before certain events. Like once some friends of mine threw me a small surprise birthday party - I wasn't excited or necessarily surprised, I just sort of felt tired and wanted to get out of there. It was really odd. Surely I'm not the only one who feels like this?

Ah, I see. I wish they'd done that with us. We did our first RS exam in Year 9 but then left the second one till Year 11, effectively wasting Year 10. If they'd held the second exam in Year 10 we could have had some free periods in Year 11 which would have helped so much especially when it comes to sciences!
Quite liked the play

Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah the play was enjoyable, I just couldn't 'apply my knowledge' very well :tongue:

I bet it has nothing on Blood Brothers:cool:
^^ won't let me quote... My AIC wasn't great!

Yeah, haha, I don't know how I'll feel if I do get them. I would say "over the moon" but I know I won't be like that. I don't really get excited or relieved about things any more for some reason... I just get anxious before certain events. Like once some friends of mine threw me a small surprise birthday party - I wasn't excited or necessarily surprised, I just sort of felt tired and wanted to get out of there. It was really odd. Surely I'm not the only one who feels like this?

Ah, I see. I wish they'd done that with us. We did our first RS exam in Year 9 but then left the second one till Year 11, effectively wasting Year 10. If they'd held the second exam in Year 10 we could have had some free periods in Year 11 which would have helped so much especially when it comes to sciences!

Hmmm... I know the feeling actually :colondollar: although if I get perfect results for me, I'll be very happy indeed...

Aah, we never had frees :mad: RS is horrid :redface:
^^ won't let me quote... My AIC wasn't great!

Hmmm... I know the feeling actually :colondollar: although if I get perfect results for me, I'll be very happy indeed...

Aah, we never had frees :mad: RS is horrid :redface:

I had 6 frees a week out of 25 lessons but I all I did was sit there doing nothing which was good fun.
Reply 2791
Original post by Jatz07
ok.. so who is doing an all nighter before Results? If so, what are you going to do//talk about?

:rolleyes:

I'm not doing it, I need beauty sleep

However, just out of curiosity who is? :biggrin:

Jatz

Yep, I probably will be up all night before results D:
It has to be the worst feeling ever, knowing that practically your whole life has been geared up for that moment :s-smilie:
I'll be on TSR expressing my fears , using as an outlet for all my anxieties.
Beauty sleep? Gosh, I'd need a hell of a lot of sleep to do miracles for myself! I'm guessing you must really be into looking your best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I had 6 frees a week out of 25 lessons but I all I did was sit there doing nothing which was good fun.

:unimpressed:

I did nothing in maths lessons for ever but not a free :tongue:
I feel so inferior reading this, I'm just hoping there's a chance for Medicine with a B in Maths and mediocre grades :frown:
Original post by Red Fox
I did my Geography GCSE in Year 9 and 10. Ended up with A* and A in exams with an A in coursework. Could have resit but stuck with the A. Wouldn't have revised anyway because Geography bores me.

You did a slightly different Geography course to me, my course has 3 exams worth 25% each and one coursework piece worth 25% I've got 100 UMS(A*) and 73 UMS(B) for the first 2 exams and will get 94 UMS (A*) for the coursework if it isn't moderated down or up.
14? Blimey. We were required to do 12 (if we were in the top few sets who did triple science) as our school believed that the English Baccalaureate was actually important. That twelfth subject was meant to be a language but I went and chose a second tech and I'm quite glad I did so. I've done 13 but only because, for some reason, Applied Business gives you two GCSEs. However I think the best I can actually do is 10 A* and 3 A because I messed up my sciences by not revising hard enough... There's a slim chance I might have got an A* in Biology but I doubt I'd get an A* in Music so I'm still looking at 10 A*. It sounds bad, but I'd be annoyed if I got less than 8 A* and especially annoyed if I get a B in anything (other than Music really).

But anyway, my school doesn't allow you to do more than 13 in Year 10/11. The only way to do more is to do them a year earlier and the only people who do that are those who are from another country so they can pass an MFL exam with flying colours. I'm not sure if they're included in your final GCSE results though as they're often done with another school.

It is very important- in the future it is believed that it will become the new main figure for League Tables and application to colleges to replace the incredibly inflating statistic of 5A*-Cs in English and Maths and 3 other subjects.So are you not eligible for this important statistic?I hope to get 16 A^/A*/A.
Could I get my OCR Additional Maths results emailed to me on Thursday?
Reply 2797
Original post by Dalek1099
It is very important- in the future it is believed that it will become the new main figure for League Tables and application to colleges to replace the incredibly inflating statistic of 5A*-Cs in English and Maths and 3 other subjects.So are you not eligible for this important statistic?I hope to get 16 A^/A*/A.

Doubtful. Besides, that only makes it important for schools not pupils
Original post by pathosL
Anyone else who was really stressing out during the exam period not really anxious at all for results day?

Yeah, I feel like that actually! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ani97
Yep, I probably will be up all night before results D:
It has to be the worst feeling ever, knowing that practically your whole life has been geared up for that moment :s-smilie:
I'll be on TSR expressing my fears , using as an outlet for all my anxieties.
Beauty sleep? Gosh, I'd need a hell of a lot of sleep to do miracles for myself! I'm guessing you must really be into looking your best

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll join the all nighter for as long as I can anyway. I hate the anxiety before results, and the day before it just gets pretty overwhelming. Ill just have to keep myself busy in the day and then join you and everyone with the outpouring of emotion at night haha it's going to be a very long night no matter what happens! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest