The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vip3rgt9
My school hasn't even told us what time to go in, it's like they've forgotten about results day!

In the same situation as you! Fudge knows when we have to go in, I hope they say 8/9am!
Original post by dan94adibi
Same here but A* in F.Maths.

I thought the A&F offer for LSE was AAA?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Don't apologise, you haven't done anything wrong you're just checking how I am which is quite nice of you :smile:

Quite nice? :unimpressed: I expected "very nice of you" :mmm:

:nah: you just remind me a lot of my friend... A LOT actually :lol:
Original post by iamthestig
My dreams are getting increasingly bizarre

Last night dreamt I needed to go to the toilet (after getting my results envelope) which was at the top of a huge tower in a really old building with a winding staircase leading up to it.

Then when I got there, to get back down, I had to abseil down a ridiculously unrealistically sized cardboard DVD shelf thing, like you see in a supermarket

Then when I got to the bottom I was irate as a man wouldn't believe they were my DVDs as I hadn't taken the price tags off?

I don't even...

That sounds more like my type of dream...
Original post by chocoholic_x
Oh dear, I suppose I'm in a slightly better position than I originally thought then. :redface: Well, best of luck with it all!

haha you are :tongue:

might just rock up at school at 9, hoping they let me in :ahhhhh:
My results day is a mixed bag. I only need 3 B's for my firm of Geography at QUB but I want to move to Maths and Computer Science through adjustment (still QUB).

I'm basically guranteed the A in Geography (needed 71% in A2) but Maths and Physics will be so close to the A boundary they could go either way. It all depends on the grade boundaries and scaling. Hoping that works in my favour as I really worked for this and slipped up in C4, losing like 10 marks .. then you take off 2 or 3 for random errors and I could end up with a low B. I need 149 between C4 and S1 so fingers crossed!
Original post by A.Mustapha
Tomorrow I can say 'I get my results tomorrow'

Tomorrow is the 13th... The day after that is the 14th. We get results on the 15th.
Original post by vicky8761
my school does this, they make it as hard as possible for you to leave without opening them in front of everyone

Teachers in my school sort of hover around the table where you collect results and around the exits, making sure you have to be really rude to ignore them!:confused::eek:
Original post by JOR2010
I thought the A&F offer for LSE was AAA?

That's their 'typical' offer. What they normally give out.
My offer is A*AA
A* in F.Maths
A in Economics
A Business

How lenient will they be?
Original post by DJMayes
Not sure what has happened, but hopefully whatever it is clears itself up. Until then, have a philosophical teaser to keep your mind busy: If I don't pay for my exorcism, will I get repossessed?

Yeah its just something that I'll get over and move on with, nothing too serious really and that will keep my mind busy, probably for the whole night now :tongue:
Reply 4310
For the 10000th time
Screen shot 2013-08-12 at 11.06.32 PM.png
Arghh everytime I try and go to sleep results day thoughts just run through my head, I need some sleep now please can this day be over with
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Quite nice? :unimpressed: I expected "very nice of you" :mmm:

:nah: you just remind me a lot of my friend... A LOT actually :lol:

I do apologise for not delivering the high standards you were looking for :tongue: And really? In a good or bad way?
Original post by dan94adibi
That's their 'typical' offer. What they normally give out.
My offer is A*AA
A* in F.Maths
A in Economics
A Business

How lenient will they be?

Oh blimey, I didn't realise they deviated from it that much! Best of luck to you, I don't know why they wouldn't let you in on AAA though... :s
Original post by needtosucceed=)
haha you are :tongue:

might just rock up at school at 9, hoping they let me in :ahhhhh:

Haha, they must have quite a few teachers and other staff there at that time already. I'm sure if you break down with stress, which lets face it given the situation could easily happen, they may sneakily give you your results a whole hour early. :wink:

Do you have university offers to meet?
Original post by needtosucceed=)
aha thanks, dunno if i've made the grades tho :frown:
LOL aww, but thats good cause you've got a higher chance of going to the place you really wanna go :smile:
what course?

I'm sure you've done fine! I mean, kings had faith in you after all!

True, true, but i think i;m worried about my grades as well :lol:
I applied for physics, astrophysics, and space science (mostly for the name!), how about you?
Reply 4316
Original post by Samantha1234
I feel so nervous I feel sick! It's the fact i know iv let myself down and could have done better :frown: there's nothing worse!! Iv had a run to try and destress me but I can tell I need to cry in such fear hahaha

and to people debating on whether to look at boundaries or not, if you are not a stressful person like me then it's fine. However, if your not I recommend you don't as I did I January and I made myself so worried!!

how did you do in January?
Original post by MathsNerd1
I do apologise for not delivering the high standards you were looking for :tongue: And really? In a good or bad way?

:teehee:

Yeah, well he's pretty much a very close friend of mine, so it's good :wink: but the bad bit is you feeling you have to cope all alone :moon:

But it's fair enough not talking to someone on the webz, but irl you knoooow :colone:
Original post by JOR2010
Oh blimey, I didn't realise they deviated from it that much! Best of luck to you, I don't know why they wouldn't let you in on AAA though... :s

Either way, I don't think I've got an A in econ.
Good luck to you too!
Reply 4319
Original post by Hullo
For the 10000th time
Screen shot 2013-08-12 at 11.06.32 PM.png

Maybe if your pic wasn't so blurry people would understand what your trying to say.

Latest