The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by needtosucceed=)
haha true, I just hope they accept me even if i miss the grades :tongue:
what do you need for ur firm?
oo cool, we're both down the science line then - i've applied for pharmacy :smile:

Well you know what they say about us sciencey lot - we're about as cool as nerds can be :cool:

I need either AAA for the masters, or AAB for the bachelors :tongue: What about yourself?
Reply 4341
Hoping someone can help me out with 2 questions:

1. If your firm choice is in clearing, does that mean it'll be easier for you to get in?]

2. How much does the original target grade change for a subject that is in clearing? e.g If it was ABB before could it possibly go down to BBC or lower?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Okay then :tongue:

What time you collecting results?
Original post by needtosucceed=)
yea they most likely will :smile: aha hopefully, i'll cry in front of them to make them feel guilty :tongue:

yea I do, need aab for my firm wbu?

Yep, that should do it. There's nothing like emotionally blackmailing your head to give you your results. :tongue:

Ah awesome, where for and what will you be studying? I need A*A*A for my firm, which is great because I don't think I'll even get one A*. :s-smilie:
I can recommend watching 'whose line' to take your mind off it :biggrin: love that show! wish it was on more often in the uk!
any other fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyUxUqyPVgs
Original post by Orthrus
Well you know what they say about us sciencey lot - we're about as cool as nerds can be :cool:

I need either AAA for the masters, or AAB for the bachelors :tongue: What about yourself?

aha spot on there :wink:

aahhh good luck! I need aab for my firm and abb for insurance. my degree only comes in the masters form :tongue:
Original post by thers
I can just picture now logging in track on Thurs and seeing my offer still 'conditional'. Will be the most anti-climatic thing ever.

this. I'll actually just go to sleep if this happens :bricks:
Reply 4347
Original post by lilmisssunshine13
I can recommend watching 'whose line' to take your mind off it :biggrin: love that show! wish it was on more often in the uk!
any other fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyUxUqyPVgs

I love that! Mock the week is the second best after it.. for me
Original post by DJMayes
What A2 results do you have so far, and what marks are you expecting in M2 and FP2?

Warwick do let in several people who miss their grades. According to what I've been told by a current Warwick student, they also offer places on their Discrete Maths course to people who miss their Maths offers sometimes.

Well I got an 88 in D2 which isn't very impressive but its something and for FP2 I think I'm only dropping the last 2 marks and in M2 I think I have gotten 60 or above, I'll just recheck with the mark schemes now. Also yeah I've been told the same thing, however I'd probably not do the Discrete Maths course if offered because I'm not too sure what it would consist of. I'd just go to Nottingham instead if that were the case.
Original post by chocoholic_x
Yep, that should do it. There's nothing like emotionally blackmailing your head to give you your results. :tongue:

Ah awesome, where for and what will you be studying? I need A*A*A for my firm, which is great because I don't think I'll even get one A*. :s-smilie:

haha we're allowed to do what we want on results day :wink:

pharmacy at kings :biggrin: urself?
omg wow, you're clearly capable so don't doubt yourself :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What time you collecting results?

9am
Well I got an 88 in D2 which isn't very impressive but its something and for FP2 I think I'm only dropping the last 2 marks and in M2 I think I have gotten 60 or above, I'll just recheck with the mark schemes now. Also yeah I've been told the same thing, however I'd probably not do the Discrete Maths course if offered because I'm not too sure what it would consist of. I'd just go to Nottingham instead if that were the case.

Discrete Maths is another name for Decision Maths
This may have been asked/answered, if so I do apologize.
What is the general pattern, UCAS updating and then emails from individual universities or?
Also will the university email you if you are rejected?
For those who say "be optimistic" or "you'll do fine":

No. Be pessimistic. You're going to do awful. You'll put all your family to disgrace, AS: you'll spend the rest of your school life crying and stressing because of your terrible results. A2: you're not going to university. You're going to fail, and spend the rest of your life in ASDA watching your friends become doctors and lawyers.

Repeat these words, and you'll always be happy. Be pessimistic.
9am

Aah okay, I'll collect results an hour later!
Reply 4355
I'm hoping the grade boundaries for AQA maths C4 and OCR Biology F215 are looooww. I still can't forget that maths exam.
Reply 4356
Original post by Gilgamesh

No. Be pessimistic. You're going to do awful. You'll put all your family to disgrace, AS: you'll spend the rest of your school life crying and stressing because of your terrible results. A2: you're not going to university. You're going to fail, and spend the rest of your life in ASDA watching your friends become doctors and lawyers.

I'm kinda doing that. I don't know if that was sarcasm or not but I'm keeping a low expectation on my grade so I don't feel disappointed when I see them
Reply 4357

ASDA probably doesn't even want us :frown:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Discrete Maths is another name for Decision Maths

Oh, I don't think I could do a degree on that stuff, the game theory wasn't too bad but other parts of it were just awful!

You'll be serving my kids chips at the driveway on the way to our skiing holiday.

Latest