The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4380
I'm so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Either way, I wanna know!

DJMayes you too! (if you don't mind)

I will probably post the grades, don't know if I'll be sharing the mark in STEP though.

Original post by MathsNerd1
Well I got an 88 in D2 which isn't very impressive but its something and for FP2 I think I'm only dropping the last 2 marks and in M2 I think I have gotten 60 or above, I'll just recheck with the mark schemes now. Also yeah I've been told the same thing, however I'd probably not do the Discrete Maths course if offered because I'm not too sure what it would consist of. I'd just go to Nottingham instead if that were the case.

So, 73/75 for FP2? I think that at a worst case scenario (65 for A, 70 for A*) that would get you 96 UMS, which when combined with D2 means you would need 86 in a third A2 module. For M2 to meet that would be entirely dependent on the grade boundaries - it's not impossible although I don't know how probable it is. Have you done S2? If so, what did you get in that?
Reply 4382
Original post by SyedaK
McDonald might. My friend applied for a job there (as a dare) and they rejected her because she had too many A*. They wanted people with skills not grades or something

Rejected for too many A*'s!? Sounds like an episode of something on Disney channel LOL
Original post by miffy56
Hey I work at spasda!

Pmsl.. :rofl:
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Ah bad luck, 90 minutes isn't so bad, last year I had to wait till 2pm because they had to email me in Greece :/.

Oh that must have been pretty crap. I had a similar problem with GCSE results, I was in Kenya and I told my school to email but they forgot so I had to contact my mum to email me instead. In the end, I didn't get them until 4 days after. But then they were only GCSE results so I guess they weren't as important. I think I would have a break down if I'd have to wait an extra 4 days for these results.

Do you have university offers to meet? :smile:
Original post by DJMayes
I will probably post the grades, don't know if I'll be sharing the mark in STEP though.

Whatever you're comfortable with.
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Ah are you hoping to go to Edinburgh too?

I'm waiting for History, Geography, Philosophy, and Drama, how about you?

I'll hopefully I'll be going to Warwick, it's just this thread seems completely bereft of anyone hoping for classics, I think you're the first person I've seen!
I'm waiting on history, latin, german and politics, what board/topics did you do for history?
Reply 4387
Original post by kevloui
I'm hoping the grade boundaries for AQA maths C4 and OCR Biology F215 are looooww. I still can't forget that maths exam.

As much as I'd love the grade boundaries for F215 to be low, I really don't think they will be, the questions seemed far too straightforward for the boundaries to be lowered :/
Original post by padouken
i'd swap my a* grades for the eloquent skill of burger flipping any day.

blue gem alert :awesome:
Reply 4389
Original post by olliehus
As much as I'd love the grade boundaries for F215 to be low, I really don't think they will be, the questions seemed far too straightforward for the boundaries to be lowered :/

That's why I'm hoping the boundaries are low, im hopinf that full UMS is less than 90 raw marks, then we should all be fine lol.
Original post by AspiringGenius
blue gem alert :awesome:

Pretty dazzling, isn't it?
The only grade bounderies I need low are M1 and D1 as those are the ones I think I've failed XD.
Reply 4392
Original post by Padouken
I'd swap my A* grades for the eloquent skill of burger flipping any day.

Oh no, I wouldn't do that. we don't even get to eat the burgers! Call me slefish or whatever

Original post by kevloui
Rejected for too many A*'s!? Sounds like an episode of something on Disney channel LOL

yup, I was shocked when I heard it. You said Disney and the first thing that came to me was' Suite life of Zack and Cody' I wonder why the Tipton Hotel?
Original post by Padouken
Pretty dazzling, isn't it?

It's like copper solution :awesome: so pwedddddddy!
Reply 4394
Original post by kevloui
'Spasda' LMAO that caught me off guard haha. But come on, it can't be that bad lol. I mean, every time you go in, the employees are smiling and having a good time!:biggrin:

... And dying inside.
I hate the people who look at you and treat you like scum. I had this woman get pissed off with me because a game wasnt in stock (we hadnt put the ticket up yet) and that her son would be upset and angry. Im like, I cant magic it out of thin air! Go somewhere else! At least thats what I wanted to say.
Other people ask if films are out on dvd when they literally have just started playing in the cinema.
Anyway enough apasda fun, hopefully ill be sticking my hand up a cows butt for at least the next 5 years.
So stressed, constant tension headache.
If I dont meet my offer, so going for CEO of asda and first things first, I will change the uniform so the womens shirt buttons around the boob areas dont pop open all the time.
Always aim high regardless!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4395
I just want the day to come so badly
It's the day after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Reply 4397
Original post by SyedaK
yup, I was shocked when I heard it. You said Disney and the first thing that came to me was' Suite life of Zack and Cody' I wonder why the Tipton Hotel?

Lol! I can just imagine cody applying for a job in the Tipton and getting rejected because he's too smart, and then zack getting the job.
Reply 4398
TWO DAYS REMAINING!
By gods grace will he restore excellence in our work and commitment over the last 10-24 months!

How's everyone feeling!?
What is AS students expecting!?

A2/ First years... THE GREATEST OF LUCK!
You all seem extremely amazing; you can do this!

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJMayes

So, 73/75 for FP2? I think that at a worst case scenario (65 for A, 70 for A*) that would get you 96 UMS, which when combined with D2 means you would need 86 in a third A2 module. For M2 to meet that would be entirely dependent on the grade boundaries - it's not impossible although I don't know how probable it is. Have you done S2? If so, what did you get in that?

Now that I've had another look at the mark schemes I'm guessing 73/75 for FP2 and 62-63/75 for M2 which sounds a little bit more likely but I'm not too sure how likely really and I did S2 but the highest I got was 75 UMS in it :redface:

Latest