The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PonchoKid
Laying here staring into space numb after reading something that felt like i was being personally attacked.

I dont like numbness. Feel so ****ing **** :frown:

I give up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it genuinely wasn't something that was having a dig at you :hugs:

My pc has been blue screening non stop for an hour, trying to find out what's wrong. Again i find myself having to learn how to fix my pc. It may suck that its messing up but if i can fix the problem I'll feel a lot better about myself, i seem to make problems rather than fixing them :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5821
Laying here staring into space numb after reading something that felt like i was being personally attacked.

I dont like numbness. Feel so ****ing **** :frown:

I give up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ED thread hun? Hugs. If this is it, I
think it aimed to help. Hope your ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I hope it genuinely wasn't something that was having a dig at you :hugs:

My pc has been blue screening non stop for an hour, trying to find out what's wrong. Again i find myself having to learn how to fix my pc. It may suck that its messing up but if i can fix the problem I'll feel a lot better about myself, i seem to make problems rather than fixing them :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dunno my brains now replaying everything from school when i was on self destruct and i cant sleep.
So not a good night. I hate myself for this life i created :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt
ED thread hun? Hugs. If this is it, I
think it aimed to help. Hope your ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. But it clearly stood out yo you for you to guess :/

Going downhill fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5824
Sorry i haven't been around here much, things had started to feel better for about a week and i didn't want to risk being triggered. Well i think tonight i can safely assume it wasn't just being nervous about that job interview that was causing me to overthink things and feel anxious and depressed because i feel like that now but with no rational reason to. Things are fine, i'm just not.

I actually have a feeling it may be to do with hypothyroidism, because i've been having many symptoms of it. My depression seems to flare up in coincidence with lumps and rashes appearing around my neck which happens with hypothyroidism, and i have very dry skin at the minute.

Need to see a doctor i think.

Hope everyone has been well.
Going downhill fast.

Hope things feel better in the morning hun :frown: I can't sleep either :/
Original post by james1211

Hope things feel better in the morning hun :frown: I can't sleep either :/

Things just got to much :cry2:

Im such a **** person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5826
Things just got to much :cry2:

Im such a **** person

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're really not, you're a wonderful person. You're no less of a person than anyone else, try and think back to a time in your life where you were proud of yourself and remember that there'll be something you'll be proud of yourself for again some time :yep:
Original post by james1211
Posted from TSR Mobile

You're really not, you're a wonderful person. You're no less of a person than anyone else, try and think back to a time in your life where you were proud of yourself and remember that there'll be something you'll be proud of yourself for again some time :yep:

Never really been proud of myself. Never done anything for anyone to be proud of me... Just ****
And someone that does stupid things.

So could do with being with my boyfriend right now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5828
Never really been proud of myself. Never done anything for anyone to be proud of me... Just ****
And someone that does stupid things.

So could do with being with my boyfriend right now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, well we're all proud of you :yes:

I know how you feel, when I was in my last relationship even just being near my partner was a bit more relaxing than not. When do you see him next?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone also have trouble making friends or maintaining friendships?
Reply 5830
Original post by octoberbaby
Just a random thought, does the friend you posted about have any MH issues? I know sometimes when I'm feeling particularly awful I'll lie to friends and say I have other plans and then become very short if they ask me what, so the actions you've described in her kind of sound like that to me?
Either way it really doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong. If it goes ahead I hope seeing her tomorrow goes okay.

She does but she's never like that with her other friends and in the past when she doesn't want to go out she is honest about not wanting to.

She's told her other friend what she is doing, for example going on holiday and I didn't even know that yet we're supposed to be best friends.

How can I talk to her via message when I'm scared to ask questions and if I do she never answers?

And I didn't end up seeing her, she cancelled saying she had 'double booked'. Fair enough but I was abroad for 7 months and it's been around 4 months since I've been back and I've just seen her twice for 30 mins when it suited her. I got sick of asking 'want to meet up?' because it seems like she doesn't.

Thank you for replying anyway.

How are you?

Original post by SciFiRory
yeah I read it :smile: reply below;

it's good you felt okay for a bit and got some reading done, even if your mood has dropped try and focus on how positive it is that you've had that! sorry to hear about your best friend, hopefully they stop ignoring you soon, a social life can be hard I know but I am sure you will make new friends and stuff in time!

sorry to hear your mood has dropped, maybe try and avoid that song in future if you know it can be triggering for you? maybe your friend is just busy? hopefully they meet up with you soon!

:hugs: hopefully things don't slip back for you, I know it can be hard but try and focus on the fact things had improved a bit if you can!

I get what you mean about things being better making lows worse, that's definitely true, but hopefully like you said is just a blip and things are back on track for you soon!

I'm okay thanks, tired a lot though which doesn't help much, other than that not really up to much as I am pretty much housebound right now :/ main thing that made me come back was my girlfriend nagging me to :tongue: that and missing the people here cause you are all lovely :smile:

I really hope I can make friends but the fact that I'm about to start my final year of uni with only one or two aquantances makes me feel like I've lost my chance as, obviously, after a couple of years friendship groups have formed and then there's just me. I've been thinking about joining some societies but in the back of my mind I just think it's a little to late...

I generally do avoid certain songs but when I was feeling ok they didn't affect me all and I'd even sing along with them so when it did trigger me it was just out of the blue. Currently back to avoiding them though.

Yeah she could just be busy but if she can make time to see other friends, why can't she see me?

I saw you're post about being house bound. Is it possible to visit you're dad more? I remember ages ago posting about going somewhere with him and enjoyed it... it was to do with football I think?

I understand what you mean by finding staying at home comforting but then feeling it is not much of life. When I feel like that I find doing something really helps with feeling like I haven't just wasted my day. Anything from doing work or watching a show I've been meaning watch helps me because I feel like I'm mentally crossing things off a 'To Do List'.

Same here about not being up to much but I do need to start revising so hopefully if I manage to do some I'll feel more productive!

Well I'm happy you're back!
Haven't slept at all, haven't wanted to go to bed, but haven't wanted to do anything either. I feel like such a mess with no direction.

Spoiler

glad they were good tears :smile:
life can always be good, no matter how **** things may get, you can ALWAYS get back some good parts in it :smile:
your not helpless, (is it you with the interveiws if not ignore me) you will be fine, i promise! didnt you do well in the last one??
you cant give up, not now not ever :fuhrer:
:smile:

Nah I didn't, but you are right, I have nothing to lose. Thanks for the motivation :smile:
Original post by chicagowonderland

Yes :sad nod:

---------------------

When will things get better?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by chicagowonderland

Yes, that's me. Well, actually making friends in the first place isn't always too hard, depending on the situation and the people I meet. But actually maintaining long lasting friendships has always been quite tricky for me. I can get on well with nice people, but we somehow manage to drift apart over time to the point where we hardly talk anymore, and if we do it's only every once in a while. And finding people with a lot of the same interests as me is quite difficult, to the point where I don't really have a close friend right now, which is a bit annoying but oh well. The closest thing I have to a best friend now is probably my boyfriend, though I have to be careful not to be too reliant on him for everything, and even we don't have all the same tastes in everything.
I hope everyone doesn't mind me butting in this thread, as I've never posted in it before. Just feeling quite down today. I've never been diagnosed with anything but my life just seems to be a constant struggle between feeling extremely high, motivated and good about everything in general, to a sudden often very irrational dip into just feeling so low, not even wanting to get out of bed or bothering to make myself something to eat. It's very tiring and what make me feel worse is that my problems are so minuscule compared to the suffering of others.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by luno
She does but she's never like that with her other friends and in the past when she doesn't want to go out she is honest about not wanting to.
She's told her other friend what she is doing, for example going on holiday and I didn't even know that yet we're supposed to be best friends.
How can I talk to her via message when I'm scared to ask questions and if I do she never answers?
And I didn't end up seeing her, she cancelled saying she had 'double booked'. Fair enough but I was abroad for 7 months and it's been around 4 months since I've been back and I've just seen her twice for 30 mins when it suited her. I got sick of asking 'want to meet up?' because it seems like she doesn't.
Thank you for replying anyway.
How are you?

Oh okay I see. I guess it was just a suggestion based on what I can be like. I'm sorry to hear that isn't the case. It can be really hard to deal with when you're feeling left out by friends. :console: Perhaps given some time she might come round and start to become more active in your friendship again? I'm sorry, not sure what else to suggest.
I'm fine thank you, how are you apart from the situation with your friend?

Original post by Meaty_man
Haven't slept at all, haven't wanted to go to bed, but haven't wanted to do anything either. I feel like such a mess with no direction.

Spoiler

In regards to the spoiler, well done for staying strong :smile:
Original post by sunfowers01
Yes :sad nod:

---------------------

When will things get better?

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yes, that's me. Well, actually making friends in the first place isn't always too hard, depending on the situation and the people I meet. But actually maintaining long lasting friendships has always been quite tricky for me. I can get on well with nice people, but we somehow manage to drift apart over time to the point where we hardly talk anymore, and if we do it's only every once in a while. And finding people with a lot of the same interests as me is quite difficult, to the point where I don't really have a close friend right now, which is a bit annoying but oh well. The closest thing I have to a best friend now is probably my boyfriend, though I have to be careful not to be too reliant on him for everything, and even we don't have all the same tastes in everything.

Glad to know people are having the same trouble as me. I'm not sure when things will get better but I think finding things we are passionate about might help us to meet people with similar hobbies. For maintaining relationships I'm not quite sure. I seem to get bored of friends and just find it hard to keep trying to keep them as friends, I think it might be to do with not being able to find people similar to me.
Reply 5838
Realised it has been over a month since I had more than an hour or so on my own (aside from sleeping). Not entirely sure how I'm going to deal with having time to myself again. Feeling kind of low lately so it might not be that great, but on the other hand I am normally someone who needs a lot of breathing space, so maybe having some will make me feel a bit better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5839
Can't help but think this is all a big mistake.