The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

The accommodation guys told me to decline my offer and I'd get a new one with my actual choices. Just checked my email and got my first choice.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by String Loop
The accommodation guys told me to decline my offer and I'd get a new one with my actual choices. Just checked my email and got my first choice.

Aww cool. What did you get then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah it was actually my second choice but I got catered Roscoe and Gladstone.
Original post by String Loop
Ah it was actually my second choice but I got catered Roscoe and Gladstone.

Ah, that's good. At least you got one of your choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an email to say that there was a technical error and to reject my offer and theyd send me another one. They sent me another and it was my first choice so I accepted!

I think theyre still having technical errors though as I only had a day to accept it so keep checking your emails.
Original post by ifyouseenatalieE
I got an email to say that there was a technical error and to reject my offer and theyd send me another one. They sent me another and it was my first choice so I accepted!

I think theyre still having technical errors though as I only had a day to accept it so keep checking your emails.

Ah, what did you get offered? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many people tend to opt for self catered? Considering this as I'm 99% sure i'll be bringing my car so it makes the logistics of it very easy.. and from using the wonders of t'interwebs I'm a tad put off the catering option.

Problem is, I've got an offer through for catered accom, and silly me only selected self-catered as a third option... should have done my research earlier!

Just wondering if I should risk re-applying for self-catered. ><
Original post by Flibble22
How many people tend to opt for self catered? Considering this as I'm 99% sure i'll be bringing my car so it makes the logistics of it very easy.. and from using the wonders of t'interwebs I'm a tad put off the catering option.

Problem is, I've got an offer through for catered accom, and silly me only selected self-catered as a third option... should have done my research earlier!

Just wondering if I should risk re-applying for self-catered. ><

I personally think that self catered accommodation is a better option as you can eat what you want, when you want and you don't have to worry about any allocated food times. Also you mentioned that you had a car, so you'll be able to buy a large amount of needed items at once. I think you should go with self catered :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
just confirmed opal court (my second choice) after having to ring them up for not offering one of my choices, is anyone else living here next year?
Original post by LemonGingerTea

Self-catered people are put in small flats based around a kitchen, so they piss each other off after about... erm... two weeks. But catered people are placed on larger floors. That whole floor tends to go and eat together.

How so? There's going to be a few irritating cases of food going 'missing' but can't imagine how you'd end up constantly being angry at one another.
I was D&R self catered last year and it wasn't bad at all, although, we all agreed that it may have been better to have been catered as it seemed a good social meeting point.
Original post by LemonGingerTea
Well, I'm exaggerating a bit. And you might get lucky with your flat. It is a totally different dynamic to catered halls though. In catered halls, you don't have flats, so you get large social groups forming (a floor is normally about 20 people). Throughout the year those large groups splinter off as people make friends with people that they get on with.

In non-catered you are put in a small flat with 4/5. You are then stuck with those people all year.

Mmm, fair enough. I suppose you were in self catered last year then? Did it make it a lot more difficult to meet other people?
I was catered, but not at Liverpool. I'm familiar with the Halls though. It's not actually difficult to meet people if you are self-catered, it's just it's incredibly easy if you are catered.

On the other hand, horses for courses, not everyone wants to eat canteen food. Also catered halls are noisey because they are not divided into flats.
Is anyone staying in Opal Court? I am, can't wait!!!!
Original post by jferrier23
just confirmed opal court (my second choice) after having to ring them up for not offering one of my choices, is anyone else living here next year?

I am!!!! Can't wait looks nice. I'm gonna go and have a look around before September. Do you know when your moving in yet? Xx
Anyone living in St.Andrews Gaardens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelxoxo
I'm not entirely sure be because I was unable to attend any of the open days so don't trust what I say, I might be wrong :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

They really don't care. You can have people stay for a few days as long as they don't take any liberties. I had 4 people stay in my room for 2 nights once.
Original post by matthewmarshall
They really don't care. You can have people stay for a few days as long as they don't take any liberties. I had 4 people stay in my room for 2 nights once.

Ah okay, thanks. But why does my contract start on the 7th of September, what does that mean? Can I start moving stuff into my room by that date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielletelf13
I am!!!! Can't wait looks nice. I'm gonna go and have a look around before September. Do you know when your moving in yet? Xx

I'm thinking the 4th. Ye it does look nice, my friend has already seen it and she said that its one of the nicest. I'm guessing your going uni of?
Original post by jferrier23
I'm thinking the 4th. Ye it does look nice, my friend has already seen it and she said that its one of the nicest. I'm guessing your going uni of?

My course doesn't finish until 18th july so cant move in that early :frown: maybe the 16th il move in, do you know which flat your in? I don't know anything yet! ive had nothing from them. yeah university of Liverpool. what course you doing? :smile:

Quick Reply