The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8420
According to our FB Ronaldo scored his first hat-trick on this day in 08, except it was in January and even says so in the pic :facepalm2:
Original post by Idle
According to our FB Ronaldo scored his first hat-trick on this day in 08, except it was in January and even says so in the pic :facepalm2:

:rofl:

I can feel something in the air. There's too many signs.
Original post by Idle

unless they edited it, on mine it says he signed for us on this day in 08 not scored the hat-trick?
Reply 8423
Original post by SciFiRory
unless they edited it, on mine it says he signed for us on this day in 08 not scored the hat-trick?

It's been edited or a different one was posted :smile:
Original post by DaveSmith99
amie jackson @GuardianJamieJ

Nani wants to stay at #mufc and is expected to do so. He is keen to sign a new contract, fight for starting place

Good news

Really hope that's true. Big fan of Nani.
Reply 8425
ronaldo rumours are going mental on twitter, he prob wont sign for utd but hey it does spice up an evening
Just received this breaking news, Ronaldo did fly in to Manchester airport:

Spoiler

If Ronaldo did sign for us can you imagine rooney's bitching then?! He would be the 4th important in the team!
Original post by Silver060
If Ronaldo did sign for us can you imagine rooney's bitching then?! He would be the 4th important in the team!

I personally think he misses Cristiano, and will be happy in sunny Manchester again. :redface:
The crazy world of Twitter rumours and stories!

Ronaldo's probably popped back for a day trip, maybe see SAF recovering from his op.
or

Come to put pen to paper on a return! :P
Reply 8430
If Fergie was still manager I might actually even remotely believe there was a chance, this summer anyway.. that would have been one of the main reasons he would come back.
Reply 8431
Original post by Idle
If Fergie was still manager I might actually even remotely believe there was a chance, this summer anyway.. that would have been one of the main reasons he would come back.

Probably the only reason tbh, I know he loves United but Fergie was a footballing father figure to him. The reason he is so damn good!
Reply 8432
If anyone was in any doubt as to whether newspapers write complete BS...

:rofl:
Original post by Nickini
x

I wanna be a journo. What paper is that from btw?
Reply 8434
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I wanna be a journo. What paper is that from btw?
Sunday Life, the Sunday version of the Belfast Telegraph. Although it turns out it's from the 30th June, still funny though :tongue:
There is actually a quote there from Cruyff too, surely he doesn't actually think that.
That quote is blatantly made up.

In fairness, most of the reliable papers don't write complete bull**** like that. It's expected in the tabloids.
Original post by NathanW18
That quote is blatantly made up.

In fairness, most of the reliable papers don't write complete bull**** like that. It's expected in the tabloids.
Very rarely do papers make up and attribute quotes, simply because it opens them up to legal action. Usually when a paper wants to make up a quote they attribute it to "a source close to Messi" or "within the club" then they don't have to reveal their source as journalists, and hence prove he actually exists, so can print what they want without fear of action. They have named him and given an actual quote, if they had made it up he could easily sue them for it.

A bit of looking around, the quote is from an interview with Marca.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Very rarely do papers make up and attribute quotes, simply because it opens them up to legal action. Usually when a paper wants to make up a quote they attribute it to "a source close to Messi" or "within the club" then they don't have to reveal their source as journalists, and hence prove he actually exists, so can print what they want without fear of action. They have named him and given an actual quote, if they had made it up he could easily sue them for it.

A bit of looking around, the quote is from an interview with Marca.

That is basically what I mean. They use the 'a source close to' line. Which to me means that it's made up. I guess the paper here did use Cruyff's name. I didn't look to check to see if the quote was legit.

I'm surprised by that interview. Neymar is coming into a team with the best player in the world (or close to it). He's proven nothing in Europe and should not expect to be treated at Messi's level. If he expects that, he is an idiot.
Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 1h Confirmed today that Rooney won't be sold to #CFC - at any price. He's staying at #MUFC, whether he likes it or not http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/13/wayne-rooney-not-for-sale-chelsea

Latest