The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PythianLegume
You're confusing 'wealth causes people to be more intelligent' with 'wealth is correlated with intelligence'. Ice cream sales and suncream sales are correlated, doesn't mean that I think that people buy ice cream and think 'what would go well with ice cream? Yeah, suncream'. It's merely a correlation, linked through different factors.

a weak positive correlation, r0.10r\approx 0.10
Reply 4601
Original post by Alii_786
Yeah that's true - really nervous for it though, hopefully the nerves will calm down once I get in the car :smile: Yepp, I'm going through the tips and 'show me, tell me' questions. Any extra tips for the test? :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Yep keep going over them. You don't want a minor cause you couldn't remember one thing. Ermmm right some examiners can be moody and this can make you feel more nervous and make you doubt yourself. But try not to pay too much attention to him/her. Having said that listen to their instructions but most of the time concentrate on your driving. If your instructor told you to book your test you must be ready in his eyes. Have faith in yourself! Is this your first test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jayqwe
Hello, I have my theory test today which is alright but I've heard people mainly fail on the hazard perception test, is it really different compared to the driving theory success dvd or is it around the same difficulty?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, good luck for your theory test :smile: Trust me, you'll be fine! I'll say the difficulty is the same on CD and the actual hazard perception test, but some people might disagree saying it can be more harder on CD at times. Anyways as long as you have gone through everything and know to spot the hazard quickly, you'll be fine! Just look throughly, and whenever you think there is a hazard present just click it! Anyways best of luck, and let me know how it goes :smile:
Original post by Lady'sMan247
Sorry to ask this question again guys. Grade boundaries are released tomorrow, so does that mean today midnight 12pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that there's no set time but that last year it was 6AM on the Wednesday.
Can not believe it is

day after tomorrow.jpg
Original post by Huntx
Yes. Which uni do you plan on goin to? And insurance?

Kent is my firm and HW is my insurance. What about you?
Original post by venenecinema
I've heard that there's no set time but that last year it was 6AM on the Wednesday.

Oh cool. So 6am tomorrow we will be able to make an accurate prediction of our grades. *Holy cow*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4607
Who else is staying up until the boundaries come out?
Original post by FlyHigh_er
My brother needed the same grades as you and he got A*BB and his uni let him in. So it could be likely you will be let in

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not me but that's reassuring to know, putting our religious differences aside how are you feeling about results day? I need high grades in order to be competitive for maths next year
I view this day as the last day of total freedom.Tomorrow i will get so nervous i can't do anything and thursday is the big day and after that i'll probs be revising :frown:
Original post by Lady'sMan247
Oh cool. So 6am tomorrow we will be able to make an accurate prediction of our grades. *Holy cow*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Supposedly so, I'm pretty annoyed that it's 6 instead of midnight thought because now I won't be able to sleep until they come out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by popnit
Yep keep going over them. You don't want a minor cause you couldn't remember one thing. Ermmm right some examiners can be moody and this can make you feel more nervous and make you doubt yourself. But try not to pay too much attention to him/her. Having said that listen to their instructions but most of the time concentrate on your driving. If your instructor told you to book your test you must be ready in his eyes. Have faith in yourself! Is this your first test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's all I'll be doing today lol. Oh okay, I'll just try to concentrate on the road whilst listening to what they are saying. Yeah that's true, hopefully it can be all over and done with by tomorrow if I pass :smile: Yeah it is my first time
Reply 4612
Absolutely ****ting myself for the grade boundaries tonight! AHHHH
Morning everyone :hi:, what are you guys gonna be up to today?

I'm gonna be playing some cod4 on ps3, then will do some cardio exercise and some arm muscle training!
Original post by venenecinema
Supposedly so, I'm pretty annoyed that it's 6 instead of midnight thought because now I won't be able to sleep until the come out.

It's like a mini results day for us. Just the words Results Day brings a shiver to my spine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
Haha I'll take your word for it. Is it bad that I haven't gone to any open days yet? I feel unprepared for year 13 now :redface:.
Wow, all the way in Newcastle? I live in London so its not too bad for me. I vowed that I wouldn't apply for a university further than Birmingham just in case I got too homesick lol.
How are there only less than 50 people, it must get boring at your college though, but at least no snobs right? :biggrin:

I've been to a few and they don't really tell you much information that you can't find online, its just to see what they look like really. I was also hoping not to go too far from home but it seems like I won't really have much of a choice, I might draw the line at Exeter though haha! There are so few people purely because the college is so small, and you'd be surprised at how many unpleasant people are still clinging on there! I don't think the school wants to throw anyone out for fear of not having enough students :L
Reply 4616
Original post by Alii_786
Hey, good luck for your theory test :smile: Trust me, you'll be fine! I'll say the difficulty is the same on CD and the actual hazard perception test, but some people might disagree saying it can be more harder on CD at times. Anyways as long as you have gone through everything and know to spot the hazard quickly, you'll be fine! Just look throughly, and whenever you think there is a hazard present just click it! Anyways best of luck, and let me know how it goes :smile:

Okay thanks that helps, and good luck with your practical tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
Morning everyone :hi:, what are you guys gonna be up to today?

I'm gonna be playing some cod4 on ps3, then will do some cardio exercise and some arm muscle training!

At work of course :tongue:
...I'm not going to do anything productive today, am I?
YOU LOT MUST FEEL LIKE **** RIGHT NOW.

Feels good being in uni and not having any worries.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest