The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by cheesey4this
I just went on track and it shows that my firm uni has rejected me ages ago (10th June)

:frown:
:O

Worth ringing ucas or uni or have I only just been rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

JUNE!? That's rude..
Are you sure it's not August as they find out between 10/11th August!?
:smile::redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I was not nervous until I came on to this thread and I'm only getting as results haha, good luck everyone I hope you all get your uni choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4662
Scientists have confirmed that time appears to slow down as an object approaches results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
Economics is tough to predict how well you have done because of the evaluation...im hoping for 80ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is, OCR also gave me an essay question on exchange rates, I thought I handled it well but my structure was poor (flipping notepad). I'm hoping for above 80 but preferably 90, don't want economics dragging down my avg
You guys went crazy with the posts!:eek:
Original post by Robbie242
It really is, OCR also gave me an essay question on exchange rates, I thought I handled it well but my structure was poor (flipping notepad). I'm hoping for above 80 but preferably 90, don't want economics dragging down my avg

i ****ed that essay up horrifically bad ! the only correct evaluative point i made was about the size of the exchange rate , didn't talk about exchange rates in other countries , other factors of AD/AS etc NOTHING :cool:

looks like im sorted clearly for that exam hahahaha
Original post by qr95
Economics is tough to predict how well you have done because of the evaluation...im hoping for 80ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

not even that , in OCR you get all those 6 markers and 8 markers and you assume you should pick up all the marks for that question as you gave the correct number of points , but if an examiner knocks off 1-2 off 3 of those style questions , then youve practically lost a grade :frown:

doesn't take much to lose 10 UMS in OCR Economics hahaha ( I'm so screwed )
Original post by James A
Morning everyone :hi:, what are you guys gonna be up to today?

I'm gonna be playing some cod4 on ps3, then will do some cardio exercise and some arm muscle training!

Working on the beach in the sun... Could be worse!
Reply 4668
So would our colleges recieve our results today?

On the other hand I'm am proper nervous do not know what to do.
'YA ALLAH' help me.
Original post by Fas
i ****ed that essay up horrifically bad ! the only correct evaluative point i made was about the size of the exchange rate , didn't talk about exchange rates in other countries , other factors of AD/AS etc NOTHING :cool:

That's not too bad, 1 evaluative point usually gets you 14 marks. I got the evaluation down I just need to see if the examiner is paitent enough to read a massive block of text, I did also go on a bit of tangent about the multiplier effect (perhaps a bit too much).

Ahah I flopped the China/Japan calculation question by getting my millions and billions wrong (lolol) and also that 6 marker about the most important macro objective I had no idea what to put so I just put down as many ideas as possible.

I'll probably ask for a remark again if it's a B because last time it went up by 8 entire ums points
Original post by Fas

Looks like you did OCR Econ?

If so, how'd you find the micro paper? Thought that was hands down my hardest paper this year. :frown:

I'm looking at a C grade, which is great for someone looking to apply for Economics.

Original post by Robbie242
That's not too bad, 1 evaluative point usually gets you 14 marks. I got the evaluation down I just need to see if the examiner is paitent enough to read a massive block of text, I did also go on a bit of tangent about the multiplier effect (perhaps a bit too much).

Don't suppose you also write a bit on the evaluation questions? I went crazy writing 6 points of evaluation which seriously unbalanced the essay. A friend of mine then said, unbalancing causes you to lose marks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fas
not even that , in OCR you get all those 6 markers and 8 markers and you assume you should pick up all the marks for that question as you gave the correct number of points , but if an examiner knocks off 1-2 off 3 of those style questions , then youve practically lost a grade :frown:

doesn't take much to lose 10 UMS in OCR Economics hahaha ( I'm so screwed )

Same goes for AQA economics - if you mess up the minor calculation question that they give you at the beginning of each exam then that can be half a grade. It's crazy.
Original post by Ecawthorn
ahh we did Gatsby and Kite runner, yeah I guess I'm just scared cos I ran out of time so hardly wrote anything for the books, but there was more marks for the poetry side which I think went better so do you reckon that'll make up for it?:smile:Think we might do Wuthering heights and Faustus at a2 :smile: & thank you!! So nervous :frown:
Yeah definitely! You'll be surprised by how low the grade boundaries are, there's probably nothing to worry about! :smile:I HATED Wuthering Heights, I couldn't bring myself to read past chapter 7 because it was so dull! (So OBVIOUSLY in the exam I answered the Wuthering Heights question, what an idiot!)Faustus is easy though, it's not very long and there's only a few key themes etc throughout so there isn't much they can ask :smile: A lot of my class didn't like Faustus cause the speech etc is a bit confusing for people who aren't used to it, but you soon pick it up! And there's some quotes in there that I love! ("Had I as many souls as there be stars, I'd give them all for Mephistopheles", HOW CUTE?!) :wink:I'm nervous too! Just think, there's nothing we can do about it now so it's better just to distract yourself as much as you can :smile:
Reply 4673
Just a quick question! If my offer is AAB and I get A* BB , would that be classed as ok? It's for the university of Birmingham if that helps
Reply 4674
Original post by Padouken
"omg, I'm going home."

HACKNEY AS WELL!
I'm from Hackney in London and I know that school too...

AH MAN!
Too close for comfort; too damn close for comfort...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only waiting for AS results and the nerves are still kicking in...

Luckily i have the UKCAT preparation to keep me busy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4676
Original post by SoRo
Just a quick question! If my offer is AAB and I get A* BB , would that be classed as ok? It's for the university of Birmingham if that helps

Yeah, I would think so...
It technically a shift of academic grading...

If I got A*AB when an offer indicates AAA, I'll still get offered the place!

I'm an AS student by the way, so that's a long way for... Well not really. >.<

Good luck, mate!
:wink::smile::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SoRo

Depends on the subject and how many applicants met the original offer. You can call them when you get your results and ask.

Original post by Ché.
Yeah...
It technically a shift of academic grading...

If I got A*AB when an offer indicates AAA, I'll still get offered the place!

I'm an AS student by the way, so that's a long way for... Well not really. >.<

Good luck, mate!
:wink::smile::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This isn't always the case, unfortunately. Not all universities see A*BB the same as AAB
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4678
Original post by ThatScienceGuy
Only waiting for AS results and the nerves are still kicking in...

Luckily i have the UKCAT preparation to keep me busy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin::wink::smile:
The best way forward...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4679
Original post by SoRo

Depends how other for the course have done and what subject you get which grade in, but it should be ok

Latest