The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know anything about WJEC and when they release grade boundaries? I noticed that people have said OCR, edexcel and AQA tomorrow, but nothing about WJEC!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can there not be some sort of sticky...

So people don't ask the same question repeatedly?:colonhash:

When do grade boundaries come up?
When does track update?
I haven't looked anywhere to find out for myself so I'm asking again even though it has been asked on every page of this thread :colone:

when do grade boundaries become available?

what time does track update? will it update at midnight?

What time can I check track?
Original post by Ollymurslove
Anyone know anything about WJEC and when they release grade boundaries? I noticed that people have said OCR, edexcel and AQA tomorrow, but nothing about WJEC!

I think WJEC boundaries are on results day.
Reply 4763
Original post by rm.xo
It's usually about 09:30

Sorry, that's clearing and the ucas hotline! It's around 7ish but if you missed out by, say one grade, you may still have been accepted but it will take longer to process.
Can there not be some sort of sticky...

So people don't ask the same question repeatedly?:colonhash:

even with a sticky people will still ask :facepalm:
Touché, did they get an answer?:tongue:

It's not even once a page, it's like 5 times a page:

I was actually joking just because I liked the irony.

If you want it done, then draft some information and quote Illusionary with it.
Original post by chocoholic_x
Haha, yep! Including getting absolutely hammered to either celebrate your results or to make sure you erase all memory of them. :tongue:

Oh that's swell. :smile: I really wanted to study in London but I've settled with the idea that I can move there when I'm older and hopefully richer. Thank you I hope so! My offer is for Psychological and Behavioural Sciences at Cambridge. Well, that's the official term for it. I don't understand why they just can't call it Psychology. I'd feel less of an arse then when saying what I want to be studying. :redface:

haha of course :tongue:
ahh thats cool, wow cambridge! I visited there once, lovely place :smile:
aha just tell everyone its psychology, they wont know any better :tongue:
best of luck!!
Original post by Ché.
:biggrin::smile:...
What are your grade expectancies and in what subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I am doing AS so am trying to not realistically look at my predicted grades. I was predicted CCCB but I am sure I can get ABBB, an A in psychology or geography, then B's in geography/psychology history and general studies.:biggrin:
Original post by Orthrus
And good luck to you too! I'd be worried if you could do such an important kind of course with a bachelors :lol: Going by your course, I'm gonna guess that you took Chemistry, Biology and maths this year? Am i right? :tongue:

ikr haha.
spot on, except I also did business studies :colondollar:
bet you did maths, chemistry, physics, maybe further maths?
Original post by Ollymurslove

Results Day.
Original post by hello calum
When do grade boundaries come up?
When does track update?
I haven't looked anywhere to find out for myself so I'm asking again even though it has been asked on every page of this thread :colone:

when do grade boundaries become available?

what time does track update? will it update at midnight?

What time can I check track?

:lol:
Original post by Robbie242
even with a sticky people will still ask :facepalm:

:mad:
Original post by PythianLegume
I was actually joking just because I liked the irony.

If you want it done, then draft some information and quote Illusionary with it.

Oh no ones asked?:facepalm:

I'll make one now :colonhash:
Reply 4770
Original post by kingdoo
Well I am doing AS so am trying to not realistically look at my predicted grades. I was predicted CCCB but I am sure I can get ABBB, an A in psychology or geography, then B's in geography/psychology history and general studies.:biggrin:

Ah!
AS leaves you with ample amount of change to surpass those stupid predictions, like they know how hard you really work... LOL!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bunny96
Who else is staying up until the boundaries come out?

Is it midnight today?
When will track update?
Between 6-8am. Emails will be sent in waves starting at 8:10am.

When are grade boundaries released?
OCR and Edexcel: 12am Wednesday - 12am Thursday (Likely they'll be out when you wake up, so just sleep :tongue:)

AQA: Wednesday (Again, after midnight though, but when you've woken up)

CCEA+WJEC: Thursday (WJEC in my experience update after 8am with their raw mark conversion)

Results or Track?
Depends on when your college opens, it is personal preference and entirely up to you.

Will my firm accept me with A*AB when my offer is AAA?
If your track says unconditional, you're in. If it says rejected, you're not. If it says conditional, phone in! (also, you can probably phone with a rejection too).

Now, A*AB is equivalent in terms of UCAS points but your university may not accept that. Chances are track will have told you anyway. Phone up if you receive these grades.

It also depends what the B grade is in, if you're an engineer and the B is is Maths, chances are they'll say no.

Rejected: Call up. (slimmer chance)
Unconditional: Celebrate.
Conditional: Call up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jack93o
Don't know about 'all the time', but I remember it was in clearing last year, as was plenty of other places actually. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the new fees were only brought in last year, so that was a bit unusual.

speaking of clearing, have any unis released a list of courses that they will have on for clearing?

Some have. There's a thread called 'early clearing lists' that has all the links of the ones who have.
Original post by Jack93o
speaking of clearing, have any unis released a list of courses that they will have on for clearing?

We're compiling a list here
When will track update?

OCR and Edexcel: 12am Wednesday - 12am Thursday (Likely they'll be out when you wake up, so just sleep :tongue:)

CCEA+WJEC: Thursday (WJEC in my experience update after 8am with their raw mark conversion)

What other questions are asked?:colonhash:

will my firm accept A*AB if my offer is AAA or will my firm accept my offer if any set of grades don't satisfy the requirement of the uni but 1 grade is better than expected and is equivalent to the offer grades
I feel like I'm going to throw up and it's still two days away. Bad form.
When will track update?

Results or Track?
Depends on when your college opens, it is personal preference and entirely up to you.

What other questions are asked?:colonhash:

will my firm accept A*AB if my offer is AAA or will my firm accept my offer if any set of grades don't satisfy the requirement of the uni but 1 grade is better than expected and is equivalent to the offer grades

I'd expand Robbie's suggestion to just include information on all outcomes - what to do if you're accepted, rejected, or it remains 'conditional'.

The answer to that of course is "maybe".

They CAN reject you if you miss the strict offer conditions. There's a good chance that they wont but it will depend on whether they have space to accept you or not (and also whether the B grade is in a subject that they think you need an A grade in to do well on their course).
Original post by PQ
The answer to that of course is "maybe".

They CAN reject you if you miss the strict offer conditions. There's a good chance that they wont but it will depend on whether they have space to accept you or not (and also whether the B grade is in a subject that they think you need an A grade in to do well on their course).

Of course

I hope this is a general overview, I'm an AS student I was just doing it as an example of a frequent post

Latest