The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4800
Original post by PythianLegume
Not sure if trolling...

No.......
mild panic continues today.... extreme begins tomorrow
Original post by Fas
ooh 14/18 would be ****ing lovely , not gonna lie hahaha - i'm not gonna get my hopes up though and still roll with my 10/18 prediction :cool:

haha yeah stuff like that tends to happen , yeah that 6 marker i answered it correctly , but i only managed to get 2 evaluative points in because i ran out of space ! both points with developed points , so hopefully my examiner is nice and gives me 6/6 for that , instead of dropping me a mark :colondollar:

yeah im gonna probably call back a photocopy of the paper first and go through it with my Economics teacher then see if its worth the remark.

howd you find the micro ? That was ****ing solid , especially the second to last question !

Haha fair enough :tongue:

Yeah same, I roughly answered the question and picked up the analysis marks but evaluation im not sure :tongue:

that's what I did last time, he said it wasn't and I still went for it :biggrin:

I didn't sit micro this session, I sat it in January got 84ums
Original post by NedStark
Looks like you did OCR Econ?

If so, how'd you find the micro paper? Thought that was hands down my hardest paper this year. :frown:

I'm looking at a C grade, which is great for someone looking to apply for Economics.

Don't suppose you also write a bit on the evaluation questions? I went crazy writing 6 points of evaluation which seriously unbalanced the essay. A friend of mine then said, unbalancing causes you to lose marks.

yeah man , that paper was SOLID. hated it with a passion , the second to last question was really dismal however i liked the essay so hopefully that can bring back some marks for me haha

yeah i reckon i'll be on the A/B borderline in the macro paper , and definitely B/C borderline in micro it was horrendous.
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I'm A2.

Geography... AS exams for us were a tough year and the January repeats went up a LOT. Like some people went from a B to like 98 ums in one of the modules. This year I messed up the human geography exam and the other one I thought was slightly more difficult than usual but not much.
What were yours like? :biggrin:

I'm not really part of this conversation but I thought I'd chip in anyways. All CCEA Exams here.

Geography was grand, both papers asked what I wanted them to ask but the wording on some of the settlement/population questions was weird. Didn't know what they wanted. What part of A21 did you mess up, if you don't mind me asking? I might have forgotten reference to places for one question but I'm not sure haha.

Physics was okay I suppose. I did 5 exams in June. AS1 was grand except for a cock up at the end where I couldn't do a proof, so I carried through the answer they gave to the next question. AS3 was a great paper compared to last year, maturity is probably a part of my improvement. A21 was much better than January which was a disaster for me. Hoping for 89+ UMS. A22 was pretty good too, hoping for 89+ again. A23 I messed up big time. Even plotting graphs got the better of me. Expecting a C.

Maths: C4 was okay but I made a few errors that will cost me. In particular cocking up the functions question part i). Also the cos-1 graph.
S1 was styled slightly differently in my opinion. Didn't know how to do the median question but will get like 2/4, then anything could happen in question 7.
I think I might tell my grandparents and my family excl my parents that results day is on friday...that way, I won't keep getting phone calls about results if they're bad and I'm in clearing, and if they're good then they'll be happily surprised :smile:
This probably makes me an awful person but I definitely don't need the extra pressure...
Original post by vgautam
No.......

lol
Original post by Robbie242
Haha fair enough :tongue:

Yeah same, I roughly answered the question and picked up the analysis marks but evaluation im not sure :tongue:

that's what I did last time, he said it wasn't and I still went for it :biggrin:

I didn't sit micro this session, I sat it in January got 84ums

ohh yeah that was the one that went up :tongue:

ahh right that definitely sounds reassuring , although i was unlucky with remarks last year and only one of mine went up haha - so yeah if i get a B i suppose i'll just remark it anyway - whats this about a priority remark service , is that for AS students aswell or is it just A2 students ?
Reply 4808
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah I don't agree with them totally I mean I got a B in the mock for history an A in the mock for geography a B in the mock for general studies and a B in the mock for psychology. The predictions were really unfair I think.

What do you want to get? And where do you want to go? (presumably you do A2's and want to go to uni)

I severely don't agree with them almost all the time; just because an A* student at GCSE got one doesn't mean you'll automatically predict that at A2 and seclude others with A*s in different subjects and with an A in that subject in a given context...

Skills matter more than the history at this point; only universities have the right to do so in my opinion!

I look to achieve AAAA-AAAB on Thursday with A/B in Spanish...
There was an infamous uproar over that examination with questions that Munich the Verbal Reasoning in the UKCAT/ common aptitude tests which was seen for the first time!

I studied AS Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Spanish.

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fas
ohh yeah that was the one that went up :tongue:

ahh right that definitely sounds reassuring , although i was unlucky with remarks last year and only one of mine went up haha - so yeah if i get a B i suppose i'll just remark it anyway - whats this about a priority remark service , is that for AS students aswell or is it just A2 students ?

Probably A2 but I don't think they have any real formal way of checking so its just first come first served probably. I got a B in my first result (76ums) and then got a remark and got 84ums for econ1
Reply 4810
Guys i received an offer for engineering at edinburgh AAA and i got A*AB an a star in physics ! do you think i get the job'?
Original post by nadster
You're right about this... I messed up the calculation for ECON3 this summer and stupidly referred to it a couple of times in the 10 marker also. :frown:

I did the same, thankfully I pretty much made up for it later on. I also just realised that it's actually more than half a grade since it's 5 raw marks, which in UMS is almost an entire grade. :eek:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
x

I have a proposal. Before you can apply through UCAS, you must prove you can answer all questions relating to grade boundaries being released, mark schemes and the time which track will update.

If you get any of the questions wrong you will not be allowed to apply, ever. EVER.
I keep having dreams of definitely getting into my Insurance, but I never hear from my firm weather I've been unsuccessful or not! The worst thing is, they get very realistic every time! I'm starting to not be able to tell the difference between dreams and reality. The thing that gave it away last night was that in the scripts I was given for one of my exam, this question I really liked was missing.
Reply 4814
i got an offer from edibugh for AAA and i GOT A*AB is this gonna get me rejected?
Original post by EXCITO1
Guys i received an offer for engineering at edinburgh AAA and i got A*AB an a star in physics ! do you think i get the job'?

Haha, very funny :wink:

Call the uni up on results day :rolleyes:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
I have a proposal. Before you can apply through UCAS, you must prove you can answer all questions relating to grade boundaries being released, mark schemes and the time which track will update.

If you get any of the questions wrong you will not be allowed to apply, ever. EVER.

Lets go :awesome:
Original post by EXCITO1
i got an offer from edibugh for AAA and i GOT A*AB is this gonna get me rejected?

how do you know what you got?
Original post by AspiringGenius
how do you know what you got?

Troll OR CIE student.
On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are people on here?

Latest