The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by venenecinema
I did the same, thankfully I pretty much made up for it later on. I also just realised that it's actually more than half a grade since it's 5 raw marks, which in UMS is almost an entire grade. :eek:

:'( it's so depressing. I think I did worse in this sitting than I did originally in January...I got an E then. Yeaaah...I'm in a deep pile of poo right now lol
What are you hoping for overall?
The number of people who have an insurance that they don't want to attend is really surprising :eek:
Original post by sneha.vag
On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are people on here?

A strong 7.
At what time are grade boundaries released tomorrow?
Reply 4824
My dreams are getting strange again :erm:

Spoiler

Reply 4825
The number of people who have an insurance that they don't want to attend is really surprising :eek:

I don't want to go to my insurance really, but if push comes to shove..

Right now... 2/3?

Wednesday night... 10 :h:
Reply 4827
Original post by James A
A strong 7.

I agree! What grades are you hoping for again?

4 or 5 - but this is because ive prepared myself to accept the situation if my nightmare comes true and i get BBBC :angry:
Reply 4829
Good luck to everyone getting alevel results on Thursday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 atm
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Troll OR CIE student.

I wish i was CIE :sad:

i

that's rright, off the scale :s-smilie:
Reply 4832
Original post by EXCITO1
Guys i received an offer for engineering at edinburgh AAA and i got A*AB an a star in physics ! do you think i get the job'?

Definitely!
That's the perfect symmetry I was talking about on an earlier post; up a grade on one side and one down on another is still the average of AAA.

Well done man!
What's your A* and A in!?
Maths and Physics!?
If so...
HELL YEAH!
:wink::smile::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AspiringGenius
I wish i was CIE :sad:

i

that's rright, off the scale :s-smilie:

Don't we all :h:

People even got GCSEs...
Reply 4834

About 5 now... But probably about 9 on Thursday morning!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't know why you would apply to a university you didn't want to go to.
Original post by Alice:)
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:

You got more positives so meh :biggrin: I'll five you a thumbs up.

I'd scarily give myself at least a 7.5 already :|
Original post by PythianLegume
I honestly don't know why you would apply to a university you didn't want to go to.

most likely rep, the ''I need to go to university or my life is over'' attitude, or friends are attending. Still all stupid reasons

I think the hardest part is when your firm and insurance are so close it doesn't even feel like an insurance. If I get offers next year ranging from AAB-A*A*A I will take the A*AA with STEP one and the A*A*A with AEA one (as insurance), massively risky but I really only want to truly go to these 2 universities
Reply 4839
Original post by Fas
not even that , in OCR you get all those 6 markers and 8 markers and you assume you should pick up all the marks for that question as you gave the correct number of points , but if an examiner knocks off 1-2 off 3 of those style questions , then youve practically lost a grade :frown:

doesn't take much to lose 10 UMS in OCR Economics hahaha ( I'm so screwed )

Oh i did AQA

Latest