The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ché.
I severely don't agree with them almost all the time; just because an A* student at GCSE got one doesn't mean you'll automatically predict that at A2 and seclude others with A*s in different subjects and with an A in that subject in a given context...

Skills matter more than the history at this point; only universities have the right to do so in my opinion!

I look to achieve AAAA-AAAB on Thursday with A/B in Spanish...
There was an infamous uproar over that examination with questions that Munich the Verbal Reasoning in the UKCAT/ common aptitude tests which was seen for the first time!

I studied AS Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Spanish.

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is all about how hard you work at AS/A2 level you cannot wing the exams like some would have done at GCSE's. This is where I think I have an advantage as I had to work hard at GCSE's and have continued that for AS levels.:biggrin:

If you get an A in chemistry you are now my god as I did it for AS but I literally just couldn't do it it was so frustrating so I dropped it at Easter to concentrate on geography history and psychology.

What do you want to do at uni? I want to do geography at Leicester.:biggrin:
Original post by Fas
yeah man , that paper was SOLID. hated it with a passion , the second to last question was really dismal however i liked the essay so hopefully that can bring back some marks for me haha

yeah i reckon i'll be on the A/B borderline in the macro paper , and definitely B/C borderline in micro it was horrendous.

Agreed, second last was the hardest question, couldn't think of an evaluation point, and then the essay was terrible, I wasn't expecting information failure.

Oh well, 2 days until we find out. Worst thing with Econ is, it's too hard to tell how we've done.
Original post by sneha.vag
On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are people on here?

I'd say round about 6 or 7 just now... come 6am on Thursday.. we'll be looking at around 11...
Original post by Robbie242
4 atm

That's way lower than my figure.
Original post by awkwardusername
Yeah definitely! You'll be surprised by how low the grade boundaries are, there's probably nothing to worry about! :smile:I HATED Wuthering Heights, I couldn't bring myself to read past chapter 7 because it was so dull! (So OBVIOUSLY in the exam I answered the Wuthering Heights question, what an idiot!)Faustus is easy though, it's not very long and there's only a few key themes etc throughout so there isn't much they can ask :smile: A lot of my class didn't like Faustus cause the speech etc is a bit confusing for people who aren't used to it, but you soon pick it up! And there's some quotes in there that I love! ("Had I as many souls as there be stars, I'd give them all for Mephistopheles", HOW CUTE?!) :wink:I'm nervous too! Just think, there's nothing we can do about it now so it's better just to distract yourself as much as you can :smile:

Aw hopefully, I'm just so nervous though cos I don't think I'll end up with a B, can't even see myself getting a C tbh, but I could always resit I guess:smile: I'll keep hoping and praying! Yeah I think we might be doing Wuthering Heights too and one of my friends doesn't sound too pleased about it :wink: aw that quote is well cute, I seriously like fangirl over cute little phrases like that haha! So hopefully we do study that! & ah I'm sure you've done really well, sometimes when I think I've done awful I do good so yeah, I'm sure your wuthering heights section was good anyway! Despite the depressing chapter issues :tongue: yeah I guess not! 2 days hhdjhfkdgk x
Original post by Fas
4 or 5 - but this is because ive prepared myself to accept the situation if my nightmare comes true and i get BBBC :angry:

How exactly have you prepared yourself? I can't seem to do that! :mad:
Reply 4846
Original post by PythianLegume
I honestly don't know why you would apply to a university you didn't want to go to.

I think its because a lot of people have their hearts set out on their firm choice and end up putting an insurance thats equally as good but dont really want to go there. Its like a comfort mechanism really haha :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Right now... 2/3?

Wednesday night... 10 :h:

Haha Wednesday night is going to drag..:s-smilie:
Reply 4848
Super nervous now! ! Can't believe how quickly july flew by and now it seems like its taking forever to finally get to Thursday. What time can everyone get their results from their schools? Because track will be online from 8am so I'll be on that definitely lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
A strong 7.

Hmm..that's quite bad.
Haha Wednesday night is going to drag..:s-smilie:

I'm gonna sleep it out!
Reply 4851
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah it is all about how hard you work at AS/A2 level you cannot wing the exams like some would have done at GCSE's. This is where I think I have an advantage as I had to work hard at GCSE's and have continued that for AS levels.:biggrin:

If you get an A in chemistry you are now my god as I did it for AS but I literally just couldn't do it it was so frustrating so I dropped it at Easter to concentrate on geography history and psychology.

What do you want to do at uni? I want to do geography at Leicester.:biggrin:

Ooooooo!
Interesting choice...

Chemistry is utterly beautiful.
I just cannot explain how much there is about it that has made my academia so diverting day by day!

I felt that Had full UMS in one 50% module which boosts the A grade a LOAD!

Same for Biology...
You might be able to tell that with those choices, but I want to read Medicine at Cambridge (with all other preferences including Imperial, UCL and Kings)

I'm heavily influenced by London universities as I live in the middle of all of them...
So...
The grades are needed to sustain my competitive spot there!

Is Leicester lovely, do you know!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PythianLegume
I honestly don't know why you would apply to a university you didn't want to go to.

Yeah that's what I think. I'd honestly much rather just have a firm and then enter clearing if there was nowhere I wanted to insure.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm gonna sleep it out!

I was planning on doing that as well but I don't think I will be able to sleep.
I was planning on doing that as well but I don't think I will be able to sleep.

Sleeping tablets:wink:
Reply 4855
Original post by Ché.

Is Leicester lovely, do you know!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's fantastic.
Original post by Ndella
I should have written it in pencil like I did for my history exam lol
It was for English lit. One coursework I got the grade boundary for an A, whereas on the other coursework, my stupid self was too lazy to give in the first draft in to the teacher to mark it before the Easter holiday. So now my coursework (counting for 40% of my AS grade) will probably get lowered down to a C :frown:
Aw thank you :smile: What ASs are you doing?

English lit, sociology, psychology and Drama :smile: what about you? & ahh right, I'm sure it'll average out as a high B though if you got an A on coursework! Coursework is what I think will bring me down especially if I didn't do really well in the exam so just hoping the examiner is feeling nice and bumps my coursework up a bit ;D
Reply 4857
What are the exact words that will be used by UCAS when you get in, "Unconditional"?

What if you don't get in, will it say "Rejected"?
Original post by venenecinema
Yeah that's what I think. I'd honestly much rather just have a firm and then enter clearing if there was nowhere I wanted to insure.

I personally didn't apply anywhere I wouldn't want to study.
Original post by Tackla
What are the exact words that will be used by UCAS when you get in, "Unconditional"?

What if you don't get in, will it say "Rejected"?

Track will change to unconditional, or might say successful.

Basically, if it has changed from 'conditional', you'll know by the phrasing whether you've been accepted or rejected :tongue:

Latest