The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I might ring Manchester and speak to someone, see if I can figure out their tone, then Cardiff... is this creepy? :s-smilie:
Original post by Tanmayee
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me for sure whether the universities already know our results and have made their decision? I was on the phone with the admissions office to Imperial College regarding an enquiry and when the lady opened my file she sounded a lot like she already knew whether I'd met my offer grades or not. :s-smilie:

Did she hint at anything :tongue:
Original post by xDanny 117
I'm not really part of this conversation but I thought I'd chip in anyways. All CCEA Exams here.

Geography was grand, both papers asked what I wanted them to ask but the wording on some of the settlement/population questions was weird. Didn't know what they wanted. What part of A21 did you mess up, if you don't mind me asking? I might have forgotten reference to places for one question but I'm not sure haha.

Physics was okay I suppose. I did 5 exams in June. AS1 was grand except for a cock up at the end where I couldn't do a proof, so I carried through the answer they gave to the next question. AS3 was a great paper compared to last year, maturity is probably a part of my improvement. A21 was much better than January which was a disaster for me. Hoping for 89+ UMS. A22 was pretty good too, hoping for 89+ again. A23 I messed up big time. Even plotting graphs got the better of me. Expecting a C.

Maths: C4 was okay but I made a few errors that will cost me. In particular cocking up the functions question part i). Also the cos-1 graph.
S1 was styled slightly differently in my opinion. Didn't know how to do the median question but will get like 2/4, then anything could happen in question 7.

There aren't enough CCEA people on here so all are welcome :biggrin:

Physics AS1 isn't really scaled either.

C4 was annoying with wording at parts but I didn't find it too bad. Functions I always worry about though. S1 isn't really scaled too much either.

What are you wanting to do and where next year? :smile:
Reply 4943
I am literally shxtting my pants off right now..can't stop thinking about the result day!!!!!
Just seen this on UCAS...
"4. We'll be sending emails to you to let you know the universities' decisions.These won't be the standard Track updates you usually get telling you that there's been a change to the status. These emails will be telling you whether or not you've got into your chosen university. "
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rturnbull94
I might ring Manchester and speak to someone, see if I can figure out their tone, then Cardiff... is this creepy? :s-smilie:

No, its a good idea if you are that good. Maybe call them and ask when you will get your accommodation or have to arrive. Basically say something on the assumption that you know you are in, if you aren't in, she might say, oh no you were unsuccessful, or if you are in she might tell you. But then again, she could just tell you anyway even if you didn't get it :redface:
Original post by Buongiorno
On the UCAS website it says that track will open at 8am, I was just wondering if they say that every year and open slightly earlier or is this new and they really won't update it until 8am?

I got on just after 7 last year.

Good luck to everyone - it's a horrible feeling with all the waiting! If its any consolation, I was practically wetting myself this time last year.
Original post by Lunch_Box
Anyone know if Cambridge (econ) consider maths and further maths 2 different AS levels? i.e. top 3 UMS average will be from maths, fm, econ?

Only if you're applying for maths. if you're applying for any other subject, maths and further maths UMS is combined to make one subject, and your econ and your other AS will make up the other 2/3s.
Original post by Fas
just by repeatedly telling myself that even if i get BBBC and i take the BBB on , i can still be predicted to get AAA and get a decent Uni :tongue:

Ah, sounds like a plan. So you are waiting for your AS results, right? If that's the case, you can be predicted that AAA if say you do exams in January (though I'm not sure if some boards will be offering those next year) and do better than expected. This will convince your teachers that you will work hard and get an A, besides the teachers know that it is possible to achieve an A even with a B at AS. Don't worry, you will be just fine :smile:
Original post by jarasta
No, its a good idea if you are that good. Maybe call them and ask when you will get your accommodation or have to arrive. Basically say something on the assumption that you know you are in, if you aren't in, she might say, oh no you were unsuccessful, or if you are in she might tell you. But then again, she could just tell you anyway even if you didn't get it :redface:

Yeahh that is a good idea :smile:, I don't actually know what date my accommodation is available from in Manchester :smile: - thanks, much appreciated :smile:. Also, that would be awful :frown:
Reply 4950
Just seen this on UCAS...
"4. We'll be sending emails to you to let you know the universities' decisions.These won't be the standard Track updates you usually get telling you that there's been a change to the status. These emails will be telling you whether or not you've got into your chosen university. "

I read this online also! Apparently all emails will be sent automatically at 8.10am and will tell you if you have been accepted or if you have been entered into clearing! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4951
Original post by Ecawthorn
English lit, sociology, psychology and Drama :smile: what about you? & ahh right, I'm sure it'll average out as a high B though if you got an A on coursework! Coursework is what I think will bring me down especially if I didn't do really well in the exam so just hoping the examiner is feeling nice and bumps my coursework up a bit ;D

Interesting subject choices, you want to study English at uni then?
Original post by Neena
I read this online also! Apparently all emails will be sent automatically at 8.10am and will tell you if you have been accepted or if you have been entered into clearing! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hell :O, I'm just a big bundle of nerves :O
Original post by Lunch_Box
Anyone know if Cambridge (econ) consider maths and further maths 2 different AS levels? i.e. top 3 UMS average will be from maths, fm, econ?

Yes they do.
Reply 4954
Oh hell :O, I'm just a big bundle of nerves :O

Aha same!! What time are you going into school to get your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bulbasaur
Only if you're applying for maths. if you're applying for any other subject, maths and further maths UMS is combined to make one subject, and your econ and your other AS will make up the other 2/3s.

I thought that it was for a few others (Natural Sciences, Economics, Compsci) as well; I'm sure I've seen people who have offers for Compsci and Natsci with Double Maths+Physics as their only A2 subjects.
It's quite close now. I wonder what fate has in store.
Original post by DJMayes
I thought that it was for a few others (Natural Sciences, Economics, Compsci) as well; I'm sure I've seen people who have offers for Compsci and Natsci with Double Maths+Physics as their only A2 subjects.

I didn't get my offer but they did accept further maths as a subject when I applied for Natsci.
Reply 4958
Anyone else feel like the mistakes you made in the exams are looming larger and larger every day that goes on? I just want results day to hurry up. Sick of waiting now :frown:
Original post by Neena

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems like the most important email of our lives thus far 'eh :tongue:

Latest