The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5100
My college opens at 9 for results what about everyone else what time your college open
Original post by pak1994
Definitely. I have heard stories from people at my school of their friends at other schools whose teachers leave the room and tell them 'not' to go to the desk. The worst was probably a story of a teacher just not being bothered and putting the questions and some answers up on the board...

Stories like this make me so angry. :angry:
Original post by holyfire
Did anyone do AQA AS English Lit, History or Biology?? I'm terrified for results! I wasn't very well during exam time, so if I fail will I be able to tell someone that? I know for sure I failed bio, history was better than expected but I'm absolutely awful at history anyway so I probably failed that, and English is usually my best subject but I completely made up what Bloody Sunday is because I forgot so I messed that up :frown:

Unless you have a doctors note then no :frown: but to be honest it doesn't matter if you get EDD at AS. The Universities that you choose won't care that much what you achieved at AS unless you have applied for Cambridge or Oxford. What is more important is that you improve on whatever grades you achieve, if necessary, and provide a strong personal statement.
Reply 5103
who is studying banking , finance and management at loughborough?

i am so scared i wont make my grade in maths, I need a B i hope loughborough would still consider me,

they gave me an offer despite i failed to meet their english gcse requirement. also i deffered my entry so i dont know if they would reject me :frown: and ask me to retake.

Any one got an idea what might happen if i missed a grade?
Reply 5104
All I can say is roll on midnight!!!!
Reply 5105
Someone should make a thread for ocr and aqa grade boundaries/mark schemes or is there already a thread
Original post by qr95
My college opens at 9 for results what about everyone else what time your college open

I think it's 9.30, but they haven't sent anything lately and I can't be sure :tongue:
Original post by phazonoverload
My school likes to pull stunts like forcing you to listen to a two hour inspirational talker before they let you have your results.

Is there anything that says they MUST give them to you at a certain time, or only the date?

:lolwut:
Original post by qr95
Someone should make a thread for ocr and aqa grade boundaries/mark schemes or is there already a thread

There is a general grade boundaries thread.
Reply 5109
i think im just gonna sleep tonight , i feel my heart is slowly falling apart looking at the grade boundaries tonight would kill me
Reply 5110
hey someone probably already mentioned this but when do the grade boundaries come out?
everyone shut up
Reply 5112
Original post by pak1994
Definitely. I have heard stories from people at my school of their friends at other schools whose teachers leave the room and tell them 'not' to go to the desk. The worst was probably a story of a teacher just not being bothered and putting the questions and some answers up on the board...

I don't think there is. I feel for you, as the other poster said!

What happens also is, because the exam isn't done at the same time for almost all schools/colleges (due to not enough room in science labs/not enough equipment and different timetables) many students who sit the exam first, go off to tell their friends in other classes whats on the exam paper - giving them a major advantage.

It's a very unfair system and it needs to change. Practical should be a proper exam in the sports hall with 100% How Science Works (HSW) questions 1 hr long - 40 marks. And the HSW questions in the theory exams should be removed to compensate.
Original post by kuku2013
hey someone probably already mentioned this but when do the grade boundaries come out?

There have been a few mentions. OCR and Edexcel should come out at midnight, AQA early tomorrow morning.
Reply 5114
Original post by kuku2013

i think midnight , thats what i heard
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Unless you have a doctors note then no :frown: but to be honest it doesn't matter if you get EDD at AS. The Universities that you choose won't care that much what you achieved at AS unless you have applied for Cambridge or Oxford. What is more important is that you improve on whatever grades you achieve, if necessary, and provide a strong personal statement.

I can easily get a docs note before Thursday... I'm still being treated for what's wrong, are you saying they'll accept this then?
And I have my sights set on Uni of Manchester... which is AAA/AAB for my course and if I fail my AS I'll never get the grades up to that standard! :frown: Personal statement shouldn't be TOO bad as I do have a lot to say on it and have had advice from UoM students who are doing the course I want to do. Thanks for replying btw! :smile:
Original post by suncake
Stories like this make me so angry. :angry:

I know. We once spent ages in a Biology lesson talking about this with our teacher (who refuses to cheat - he's too honest a person). It's so unfair because people whose teachers don't do this won't get as high marks. 36/40 for an A is so high! At least the practicals are not worth as many UMS marks as the exams.
I get that it is really difficult, but I think that they should do practicals so that everyone does them on the same day and teachers don't get to see it before, all they get is materials to prepare students with. However, I can understand that this would be very difficult to implement. There isn't really a perfect way to do practicals.
Reply 5117
Just completed a major shopping spree
Nothing cheers me up/ takes my mind off things like a good shopping trip
Original post by Badman1231
everyone shut up

Now now, play nicely.

Original post by bunny96
x

What did you purchase?
Reply 5119
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Now now, play nicely.

What did you purchase?

A chunky statement necklace, a burgundy textured cardigan and sixth form clothes for next year :smile:

Latest