The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm so calm now compared to 5 or 6 days ago! For some reason it's getting loads easier :') Think I might actually have a lie in on results day and saunter in once the queues have died down.

Ok, I'm not quite that ​calm.
Original post by bunny96
Just completed a major shopping spree
Nothing cheers me up/ takes my mind off things like a good shopping trip

I'm actually really jealous. What did you buy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holyfire
I can easily get a docs note before Thursday... I'm still being treated for what's wrong, are you saying they'll accept this then?
And I have my sights set on Uni of Manchester... which is AAA/AAB for my course and if I fail my AS I'll never get the grades up to that standard! :frown: Personal statement shouldn't be TOO bad as I do have a lot to say on it and have had advice from UoM students who are doing the course I want to do. Thanks for replying btw! :smile:

It depends... I think you should have informed the examiners at the time you became ill rather than waiting for results day. I think this will complicate matters, but I guess there is no harm in trying. I cannot give you a definite answer, but you can try. I would talk to your senior form tutor on results day if all cocks up to be honest. That's what my AS year did last year when all went cocked up.

If you want AAA / AAB then look for BBB / BBC on your results day at least and be happy with that. Last year I achieved BCCE and I'm looking at potentially ABB. You should +1 your grades at AS to give you a rough estimate. Last year my friend achieved BCDE and she is looking at potentially BBB maybe ABB if she is lucky. You can change your grades a lot at A2.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ndella
Same here :smile: hopefully for my other coursework that I didn't do too well in :colondollar:

I'm sure you've done better than you thought! Or do you know what you got?x
Listening to the soundtrack to Rent seems to be taking my mind off things. It's hard to think of things whilst singing along to music!
Reply 5125
Original post by HarryMWilliams
When are the grade boundaries out? (I'm not actually asking)

[video="youtube_share;HpeF067Hx2Y"]http://youtu.be/HpeF067Hx2Y?t=30s[/video]

^ This but change the "Leonard Hofstadter" to <username>.. :wink:

Oh my gosh I love this scene! Sheldon is so funny :smile:
#bigbangtheoryfan
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Unless you have a doctors note then no :frown: but to be honest it doesn't matter if you get EDD at AS. The Universities that you choose won't care that much what you achieved at AS unless you have applied for Cambridge or Oxford. What is more important is that you improve on whatever grades you achieve, if necessary, and provide a strong personal statement.

What a whole load of rubbish.
Has anyone else found that they've been getting calmer as D Day gets closer? Cause this time last week I was bouncing off the walls whereas now I'm leisurely sipping a drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5128
Original post by Toya
I'm actually really jealous. What did you buy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I take it you love shopping too? A chunky statement necklace, a burgundy textured cardigan and sixth form clothes for next year
Original post by thers
What happens also is, because the exam isn't done at the same time for almost all schools/colleges (due to not enough room in science labs/not enough equipment and different timetables) many students who sit the exam first, go off to tell their friends in other classes whats on the exam paper - giving them a major advantage.

It's a very unfair system and it needs to change. Practical should be a proper exam in the sports hall with 100% How Science Works (HSW) questions 1 hr long - 40 marks. And the HSW questions in the theory exams should be removed to compensate.

This happened at my school! I was so utterly annoyed it was untrue. I was the first group and I know mine went rubbish but then everybody went and told the other classes what was on it and so I'm pretty sure they'll all have done better. It truly is unfair. I'd have still done badly even if I went last so it wouldn't make that much difference to my grade but I do think its ridiculously unfair that the other classes at my school will do better and not because they're necessarily smarter!
Reply 5130
Just had a LOTR marathon with my sister :h: :moon:
Reply 5131
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What a whole load of rubbish.

Another extremely well-informed TSR poast, for sure.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by bunny96
Oh my gosh I love this scene! Sheldon is so funny :smile:
#bigbangtheoryfan

I used to be a Big Bang Theory fan. Then I saw seasons 4-6.
Original post by qr95
My college opens at 9 for results what about everyone else what time your college open

Yup mine is 9 too (:
And then my mum decides to come in and ask me what my plans are for Thursday, saying that she expects a text with my grades. I got mad, she got mad, and nothing came of this... She just doesn't get that even mentioning it makes me so stressed and that I just don't want to talk or think about Thursday!
Reply 5135
Original post by DJMayes

What shows do you like watching now then? :smile:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
aha well maths is my weakest subject (will most likely get an E) so I need to get an A in business to meet my offer :smile:
aahhh really i hate english :colondollar: how you finding it? chemistrys pretty hard :/

Maths was my safe subject until the C3 exam tripped me up this year, and i need an A in that and physics for my offer :lol: Do you think you can get that A in business?
And so do i, it's awful! I would fail the hell out of it if it wasn't for the coursework part! :colondollar:
Original post by holyfire
I can easily get a docs note before Thursday... I'm still being treated for what's wrong, are you saying they'll accept this then?
And I have my sights set on Uni of Manchester... which is AAA/AAB for my course and if I fail my AS I'll never get the grades up to that standard! :frown: Personal statement shouldn't be TOO bad as I do have a lot to say on it and have had advice from UoM students who are doing the course I want to do. Thanks for replying btw! :smile:

I'll be honest, exam boards are mean, for example, if your mother died the morning of an exam apparently they only give you 5%. Perhaps in your case, if you were ill enough, it would have been better to have tried to avoid sitting the exam in the first place, rather than asking for sympathy now :/. I know how it feels because I quite a serious extenuating circumstance which affected my AS levels, although the exam boards would have totally ignored. Nevertheless, with a great reference and PS, and letting the universities know accompanied by a doctors note, I did ok in the end. I know universities say on their websites that extenuating circumstances for exams should be registered with the exam board, but honestly, who do you think is going to be more understanding, a senior examiner with only a bad exam in front of them, or an admissions tutor with your PS and reference, when it comes to judging your character and true ability? Anyway, there's always hope. I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think, and good luck :smile:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
It depends... I think you should have informed the examiners at the time you became ill rather than waiting for results day. I think this will complicate matters, but I guess there is no harm in trying. I cannot give you a definite answer, but you can try. I would talk to your senior form tutor on results day if all cocks up to be honest. That's what my AS year did last year when all went cocked up.

If you want AAA / AAB then look for BBB / BBC on your results day at least and be happy with that. Last year I achieved BCCE and I'm looking at potentially ABB. You should +1 your grades at AS to give you a rough estimate.

I wasn't in the right frame of mind, neither did I think that speaking to examiners was possible. I don't remember much from Oct 2012 to about July this year so... I'll speak to the head of year, she knew something was up I think.

I know for sure I won't have got any Cs or above because of what happened during exam time so I think I'll have to retake yr 12 at a different 6th form as my 6th form isn't letting us, they said. :eek::s-smilie:
Original post by Padouken
Just use your shoe laces. It'll be over soon.

My shoe laces sometimes break when I tie them, I seriously doubt they could hold your weight.

Original post by DJMayes

I thought you were going to say you took an arrow to the knee. :tongue:

Latest