The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bunny96
A chunky statement necklace, a burgundy textured cardigan and sixth form clothes for next year :smile:

Prepared then, I know my sister is about to start at my old sixth form, albeit less prepared than you it seems.

Original post by holyfire
x

It's actually not the sixth forms fault, it's the way funding is now worked out. I don't think funding is provided for a student resitting a year with the same subjects, but if you chose to do different subjects it should be OK - that was the explanation we were given by the directors of my sixth form anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What a whole load of rubbish.

It's not rubbish. My friend applied with BCE and I know countless others with EDD with offers.
Original post by qr95
My college opens at 9 for results what about everyone else what time your college open

7am! Bright and early start for us!
Original post by pak1994
And then my mum decides to come in and ask me what my plans are for Thursday, saying that she expects a text with my grades. I got mad, she got mad, and nothing came of this... She just doesn't get that even mentioning it makes me so stressed and that I just don't want to talk or think about Thursday!

Women.
So do senior teachers at college/sixth form get our results tomorrow?
Coz they need to envelope them.

The nerves are KILLING ME!!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holyfire
I wasn't in the right frame of mind, neither did I think that speaking to examiners was possible. I don't remember much from Oct 2012 to about July this year so... I'll speak to the head of year, she knew something was up I think.

I know for sure I won't have got any Cs or above because of what happened during exam time so I think I'll have to retake yr 12 at a different 6th form as my 6th form isn't letting us, they said. :eek::s-smilie:

Some 6th forms are like that and it won't harm you retaking year 12 again. Quite a lot of people end up retaking year 12 because they didn't anticipate the step up from GCSE or whatever else.
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
It's not rubbish. My friend applied with BCE and I know countless others with EDD with offers.

And what sort of offers were they getting? Any better than BBB?
Reply 5147
Original post by Alii_786
Hey, good luck for your theory test :smile: Trust me, you'll be fine! I'll say the difficulty is the same on CD and the actual hazard perception test, but some people might disagree saying it can be more harder on CD at times. Anyways as long as you have gone through everything and know to spot the hazard quickly, you'll be fine! Just look throughly, and whenever you think there is a hazard present just click it! Anyways best of luck, and let me know how it goes :smile:

Thanks for the tip, I thought the test was too easy though :/ I got 48/50 for the multiple choice and 68/75 for the hazard perception part, I wish a-levels was just as easy lol
Original post by Padouken
Women.

Is that directed at me or her (or both)?
Reply 5149
I found this online!! It has some really good information about results day (dooms day..) Hope you guys find it helpful!!

http://www.qehs.net/files/docs/exam_resources/A2_results_day_and_UCAS_processes.pdf
Reply 5150
I have a feeling it's my ISAs which are going to let me down in biology and chemistry. Really annoys me because I worked really hard for them, and I even got the highest in the class in biology, but my raw marks convert to really low UMS so I've lost at least 20 UMS in both biology and chemistry.

It annoys me because there was a college near me that got caught out for cheating - they basically gave the students the answers so that they'd get high grades. Just because they caught one college out doesn't mean there isn't other sixth forms/colleges doing it across the country, putting up the grade boundaries for those of us who actually work hard for them. :angry:
Original post by 747-400
7am! Bright and early start for us!

I wish it were like this - I have to take the car into the garage at like 8, I'm not sure I'll even be able to drive with me ****ting bricks! :s-smilie:
Original post by PythianLegume
And what sort of offers were they getting? Any better than BBB?

Depends on their chosen course. Ranges from AAB to BBC. You have to take into account they were able to retake in January and June. I know some that took six or seven re-sits this year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5153
Original post by Ecawthorn
Yeah I take quite essay based subjects! Ah cool good luck :smile:

Thanks you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

but meeting your offer is highly unlikely if you get EDD at AS, esp now that there are no Jan resits. Most offee are CCC+ and A2 is much harder than AS. If you have barely scraped a pass at AS, then it makes no sense to apply based on unrealistic predicted grades that you are unlikely to get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
I'll be honest, exam boards are mean, for example, if your mother died the morning of an exam apparently they only give you 5%. Perhaps in your case, if you were ill enough, it would have been better to have tried to avoid sitting the exam in the first place, rather than asking for sympathy now :/. I know how it feels because I quite a serious extenuating circumstance which affected my AS levels, although the exam boards would have totally ignored. Nevertheless, with a great reference and PS, and letting the universities know accompanied by a doctors note, I did ok in the end. I know universities say on their websites that extenuating circumstances for exams should be registered with the exam board, but honestly, who do you think is going to be more understanding, a senior examiner with only a bad exam in front of them, or an admissions tutor with your PS and reference, when it comes to judging your character and true ability? Anyway, there's always hope. I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think, and good luck :smile:.

I don't want to change anything, I'm not looking to go that far with this doctor's note thing haha :laugh: The reason why I mentioned it in the first place is I just want to persuade the head of year 13 to let me stay/retake year 12, and present them with my reason why. I don't want to take it any further than that. Thank you, I hope so too :biggrin:

AS Results do actually matter. You can't get EDD and realistically expect to get offers from A*AA/AAA universities.
Original post by Deziah
I have a feeling it's my ISAs which are going to let me down in biology and chemistry. Really annoys me because I worked really hard for them, and I even got the highest in the class in biology, but my raw marks convert to really low UMS so I've lost at least 20 UMS in both biology and chemistry.

It annoys me because there was a college near me that got caught out for cheating - they basically gave the students the answers so that they'd get high grades. Just because they caught one college out doesn't mean there isn't other sixth forms/colleges doing it across the country, putting up the grade boundaries for those of us who actually work hard for them. :angry:

20UMS? I've lost at least like 100...
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
I'll be honest, exam boards are mean, for example, if your mother died the morning of an exam apparently they only give you 5%.

They are, but not necessarily that mean. I know someone whose dad was involved in a serious accident and passed away a week or so before her language oral, and the exam board took her predicted grade instead. But yep, usually they aren't very lenient at all.
Original post by rturnbull94
I wish it were like this - I have to take the car into the garage at like 8, I'm not sure I'll even be able to drive with me ****ting bricks! :s-smilie:

Hell no, I could not drive before finding out my results, my mind would be so off driving I'd probably drive onto the wrong side of the road. That sucks! Could you ask them if you could drop it off the night before if it's not too far away from your house or do you need it? Either way, good luck with your results and good look driving to the garage!

Latest