The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i hope C4 edexcel boundary is low if not i cant get a B in maths and no loughborough uni for me :frown:
Reply 81
Original post by cooldudeman
that's not tonight.... -_-

Lool sorry guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to be a troll, but what about CIE Exam board????
Reply 83
When do the mark schemes come out. I know they are normally around now but you normally need a password will people with a password put them on here when they come out.:biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by kingdoo
When do the mark schemes come out. I know they are normally around now but you normally need a password will people with a password put them on here when they come out.:biggrin:

Hopefully

The grade boundaries next year for June 2014 I thinks going to be the lowest because so many people will be taking the exam at the same time.
Reply 85
Original post by AhmedDavid
Hopefully

The grade boundaries next year for June 2014 I thinks going to be the lowest because so many people will be taking the exam at the same time.

Yeah I don't know if the grade boundaries will help me to make a prediction but the mark schemes will.:wink:
Reply 86
Original post by gooner4ever
Edexcel confirmed 2someone on twitter that they'll b releasing grade boundaries @ a few minutes past midnight on Thursday....

Hoping its a mistake & they mean midnight 2nit cos they never ever come out that flippen' l8!!!

Good luck everyone!

sorry for being bearer of bad news if it is only gonna be released at midnight thursday...
Posted from TSR Mobile
We'll find out tomorrow whether or not this is accurate. Edexcel have always released boundaries a day before results in the past but that is not any guarantee that they will change that policy.
Original post by cora06140
CIE results are already out.
Reply 87
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah I don't know if the grade boundaries will help me to make a prediction but the mark schemes will.:wink:

Lol
Reply 88
Original post by cora06140

CIE results are already out for AS/A levels, but I can't find a boundary spreadsheet anywhere on their website. It's not under the statistics page

Original post by kingdoo

Edexcel mark schemes were leaked, just search them on Google. For the others, none will come out publicly for about a year, but you'll be able to find leaked mark schemes about a week after results day
Reply 89
Original post by adi19956
CIE results are already out for AS/A levels, but I can't find a boundary spreadsheet anywhere on their website. It's not under the statistics page

Edexcel mark schemes were leaked, just search them on Google. For the others, none will come out publicly for about a year, but you'll be able to find leaked mark schemes about a week after results day

OK thanks :smile:
Original post by venenecinema
History and Economics - thankfully those are slightly more secure.
How about you?

History, French and Classics.

Agree with the History - you can come out and think, as long as I've done X, Y and Z in my essay, then there isn't a reason why it won't get a certain mark. (I'm still worried though!)

French is sort of the same; as long as you prepare and do practice, you'll be fine. The essay is very much like History in that you have to tick off certain boxes to get certain marks. The only thing is that we all generally make a few REALLY STUPID mistakes in the reading and listening sections.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't chosen Classics. I should have chosen either Spanish or a science so that I could have kept my options open. Classics is interesting in the sense that it links explicitly with English and History, but that's also part of the reason why it's less enjoyable (because I found that I had very little variety between all my lessons). Although at the same time, my friends who did Chemistry found that they focused less on their English coursework and language orals because of the January exams and the practicals, so I guess it's good that I didn't take on a science!
Original post by ArtisticFlair
History, French and Classics.

Agree with the History - you can come out and think, as long as I've done X, Y and Z in my essay, then there isn't a reason why it won't get a certain mark. (I'm still worried though!)

French is sort of the same; as long as you prepare and do practice, you'll be fine. The essay is very much like History in that you have to tick off certain boxes to get certain marks. The only thing is that we all generally make a few REALLY STUPID mistakes in the reading and listening sections.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't chosen Classics. I should have chosen either Spanish or a science so that I could have kept my options open. Classics is interesting in the sense that it links explicitly with English and History, but that's also part of the reason why it's less enjoyable (because I found that I had very little variety between all my lessons). Although at the same time, my friends who did Chemistry found that they focused less on their English coursework and language orals because of the January exams and the practicals, so I guess it's good that I didn't take on a science!

They don't teach classics at my school otherwise I'd have been tempted to take it, sounds really interesting.

What course/uni do you hope to apply for? I'm waiting to see if I've made my offer for law at Bristol - bricking it.
Reply 92
Approximately when are grade boundaries published tomorrow?
Reply 93
Original post by gman10

please can s0omeone tell me what time are grade boundaries out??
Original post by ecogeo

Original post by gman10

Each exam board is different, but it'll likely be some time a fair way after midnight for most. Get some sleep and most will probably be available when you wake up. :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by ecogeo

We don't know, but going by previous releases:
Likely midnight for OCR, early morning for AQA. Word was Edexcel release at midnight as well, but according to their twitter feed they release at 00:01 on Thursday

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 96
Original post by Illusionary
Each exam board is different, but it'll likely be some time a fair way after midnight for most. Get some sleep and most will probably be available when you wake up. :smile:

Thank you very much!!! :smile: So nervous/excited for results!
Reply 97
Original post by kingdoo

"Apparently" from what I've heard OCR and AQA release their grade boundaries at midnight so 12am Wednesday, but they're usually accessible from 8am onwards anyway, so it's worth getting sleep :smile:
Original post by mkhan9035
"Apparently" from what I've heard OCR and AQA release their grade boundaries at midnight so 12am Wednesday, but they're usually accessible from 8am onwards anyway, so it's worth getting sleep :smile:

person you quoted asked for mark schemes , not grade boundaries :tongue:
Original post by venenecinema
They don't teach classics at my school otherwise I'd have been tempted to take it, sounds really interesting.

What course/uni do you hope to apply for? I'm waiting to see if I've made my offer for law at Bristol - bricking it.

English. Not sure where though - I'll choose five universities depending on what I get x

Quick Reply

Latest