The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I honestly think I'm going to give birth to a kitten before Thursday D:

and, by way of distraction, I've opted to have my nipple pierced tomorrow. So now I'm doubly ****ting myself >.<

A-LEVELS Y U SUCH TORTURE?!
It's been said before.. predicted grades don't matter that much. I was predicted BBB and I applied to AAA - ABB course requirements in ALL of my choices. I received 5 conditional offers.

Universities are aware that students may exceed or down grade from their predicted grades. Some that will down grade the university may anticipate, but will still give an offer based off a strong personal statement.
Original post by holyfire
Did anyone do AQA AS English Lit, History or Biology?? I'm terrified for results! I wasn't very well during exam time, so if I fail will I be able to tell someone that? I know for sure I failed bio, history was better than expected but I'm absolutely awful at history anyway so I probably failed that, and English is usually my best subject but I completely made up what Bloody Sunday is because I forgot so I messed that up :frown:

I did English Lit, dreading the grade :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sketch
I was supposed to be watching the film Lincoln, but the nerves are starting to make the smallest of tasks impossible :frown:

It's a hard life.
Original post by Lorem Ipsum

Naturally you want as many UCAS points as possible for lower ranked universities. But if you're retaking year 12 it's worth bearing in mind that top universities like 3 good A2s and 1 good AS. So it might be worth your time picking something else up along the way.

If I retake year 12 then that definitely sounds like a good idea. The subject that I dropped was a last minute choice anyway and I hated it! (Ethics and Philosophy - not my thing) so hopefully I'll do better this time.
Reply 5225
When are the grade boundaries and mark schemes released? for Edexcel AQA and OCR
Original post by DJMayes
I used to be a Big Bang Theory fan. Then I saw seasons 4-6.

For me the show started going downhill after Howard got into a relationship. He was so awesome as a single guy. Used to be the most fun and biggest sleaze ball in history.
Plus Sheldon becoming more 'human' is quite annoying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SheriB
When are the grade boundaries and mark schemes released? for Edexcel AQA and OCR

Oh my god...
Original post by Lucy96
I did English Lit, dreading the grade :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which poetry collection did you do?
Can't believe that this will be my last results day :eek: The Student Room has been such a great help for A-Levels, such great people on here! Hope everyone gets what that wanted on the 15th! Good luck :parrot:
Which poetry collection did you do?

Keats (that's the bit I messed up in the last question as my teachers didn't bother teaching them) how about you? :smile:
Original post by SheriB

No one on here is an official representative so no one on here knows for certain.

This goes for UCAS also.

We can give you a reasonable guess based on what we have seen in previous years. That guess would be that grade boundaries for non-WJEC boards should be out by midday tomorrow, STEP results are out at 00:01am on Thursday, UCAS Track will open at 8am Thursday or perhaps half an hour before, you A-Level results depend on your school (but 6am to 10am is a reasonable guess) and official mark schemes will be leaked about a week later.
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
It's been said before.. predicted grades don't matter that much. I was predicted BBB and I applied to AAA - ABB course requirements in ALL of my choices. I received 5 conditional offers.

Universities are aware that students may exceed or down grade from their predicted grades. Some that will down grade the university may anticipate, but will still give an offer based off a strong personal statement.

Where did you apply may I ask? And yh achieved grades are more important than predictions.
If I retake year 12 then that definitely sounds like a good idea. The subject that I dropped was a last minute choice anyway and I hated it! (Ethics and Philosophy - not my thing) so hopefully I'll do better this time.

Just make sure it's a sensible choice, I know people who have taken up maths or physics thinking it'll be a bit of jolly then drop it after 4 months because they just can't do it. Of course I don't know your circumstances, but from friends who have done a similar thing and been more successful than the above, something like Business Studies has been popular :smile:. As long as you revise long and hard, it's almost impossible not to do better :biggrin:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5234
Original post by Llewellyn
No one on here is an official representative so no one on here knows for certain.

This goes for UCAS also.

We can give you a reasonable guess based on what we have seen in previous years. That guess would be that grade boundaries for non-WJEC boards should be out by midday tomorrow, STEP results are out at 00:01am on Thursday, UCAS Track will open at 8am Thursday or perhaps half an hour before, you A-Level results depend on your school (but 6am to 10am is a reasonable guess) and official mark schemes will be leaked about a week later.

Oh okay thanks :colondollar:
Reply 5235
Original post by abhiksetia
For me the show started going downhill after Howard got into a relationship. He was so awesome as a single guy. Used to be the most fun and biggest sleaze ball in history.
Plus Sheldon becoming more 'human' is quite annoying.

I definitely agree about Sheldon, since he had a girlfriend too he's just not as good! I don't get why in tv everyone always has to want a relationship :unimpressed:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Where did you apply may I ask? And yh achieved grades are more important than predictions.

Cardiff - Originally AAB, but lowered to ABB
Surrey - AAA
Bristol - AAA
Bristol UWE - ABB
Plymouth - ABB
I've been on instagram and some students have uploaded pictures of the new UCAS track having changed status and have said they have been accepted...how is this possible?? if UCAS doesn't go live till thursday.
Original post by Lucy96
Keats (that's the bit I messed up in the last question as my teachers didn't bother teaching them) how about you? :smile:

Ah you had bad teachers too? :frown: we had to do Feminine Gospels by Duffy, most of which I wasn't a fan of. That section went better than the extract though I literally made the context bits up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Orthrus
Maths was my safe subject until the C3 exam tripped me up this year, and i need an A in that and physics for my offer :lol: Do you think you can get that A in business?
And so do i, it's awful! I would fail the hell out of it if it wasn't for the coursework part! :colondollar:

don't even talk about c3, I got a U in january :colondollar::colondollar: didn't bother resitting as I knew I wouldnt bother revising for it.
how did the resit go, im assuming you did it? what board are you for maths?
Ahhh really, i've never been a englishy kind of person, all that 'reading between the lines' just confused me :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest