The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
Keats (that's the bit I messed up in the last question as my teachers didn't bother teaching them) how about you? :smile:

What board are you on for English?? I was on the WJEC
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Just make sure it's a sensible choice, I know people who have taken up maths or physics thinking it'll be a bit of jolly then drop it after 4 months because they just can't do it. Of course I don't know your circumstances, but from friends who have done a similar thing and been more successful than the above, something like Business Studies has been popular :smile:. As long as you revise long and hard, it's almost impossible not to do better :biggrin:.

No way would I ever dream of even trying maths or physics, or chemistry for that matter! Biology was a bad enough choice :laugh: Maybe something a bit English-based such as film studies. Yeah I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannah-95
I've been on instagram and some students have uploaded pictures of the new UCAS track having changed status and have said they have been accepted...how is this possible?? if UCAS doesn't go live till thursday.

Scottish students?
I remember in my first AS year we had a sociology teacher and he failed to adequately teach the class, which was evident in the exam room when we struggled to answer even one question.

About 90% of the class got Us and the rest a mixture of Es (primarily) and Ds. I think only 3 people got a B out of 60.

I know it sounds harsh and that, but my class managed to get the teacher removed from the A-level course and he is now teaching access only.
Original post by Hannah-95
I've been on instagram and some students have uploaded pictures of the new UCAS track having changed status and have said they have been accepted...how is this possible?? if UCAS doesn't go live till thursday.

Ask them?
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Cardiff - Originally AAB, but lowered to ABB
Surrey - AAA
Bristol - AAA
Bristol UWE - ABB
Plymouth - ABB

Course?
Original post by rturnbull94
Gahh I don't know, maybe I'm over-thinking and hoping for what will never happen :/, man I just want Thursday to come, but I guess that's the same for everyone :/

Yeah same I want Thursday so bad that I've adopted some logic to make the wait go faster. For me nights usually fly by, so I end up sleeping late and waking up in the afternoon. By the the day is practically over. So like at the moment its six, Tuesday is pretty much over, in that it's night time soon and when I wake up tomorrow Wednesday will be practically over after a few hours it will be Thursday, broken logic maybe. But it makes me feel like the days are going by faster.
Original post by Ndella
Just because a university is in clearing doesn't mean that its bad, perhaps some people just could not achieve such grades. I'm sure its good, I'm just not considering applying - perhaps for English though. Also perhaps its just small rather than deserted. I worded it wrong sorry:colondollar:

I'm not considering going either so I'm not really bothered :wink: I won't get the grades. What do you expect to get on Thursday?
Original post by OwlPatronus
I adore that musical! I might watch it on Wednesday night, actually.

I only watched it for the first time on Sunday, but love it already! I would definitely recommend it, and singing as loudly as possible, as it's difficult to sing and think about other things at the same time.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Course?

Law
Original post by abhiksetia
For me the show started going downhill after Howard got into a relationship. He was so awesome as a single guy. Biggest sleaze ball in history.
Plus Sheldon becoming more 'human' is quite annoying.

Bernadette is one of the few new characters I can stand. What upsets me is that, at the start, the show was geared to have jokes for nerds; jokes about trigonometric functions, calculus and actual Physics. These have been slowly phased out and the show has turned into jokes about nerds. Essentially I feel that when the show exploded into popularity it felt like it needed to stay there and began catering to the lowest common denominator. I would like episodes that are less of "Oh, he looks stupid recording himself with flags, hurr durr" and more genuinely funny scientific or mathematical jokes. The last one I can remember was in season 4: "What would you be if you were attached to a plane wrapped heligally around an axis? Screwed! There you go then."
Original post by Deziah
I mean 20UMS out of 60 UMS for the ISAs. :-)

I've lost a lot more than that hah, ill be lucky to get 20
Original post by Rosasaurr
I honestly think I'm going to give birth to a kitten before Thursday D:

and, by way of distraction, I've opted to have my nipple pierced tomorrow. So now I'm doubly ****ting myself >.<

A-LEVELS Y U SUCH TORTURE?!

Interesting distraction. I hope it's not only for that reason...:s-smilie:
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Law

I see, well good luck with that!
Original post by Etoile
Suicide isn't funny so don't joke about it, end of. And DEFINITELY don't EVER suggest it to ANYONE, regardless of whether you're kidding, okay?

edit: thanks for the neg, really mature...

That wasn't me.
Original post by jordi_A
Why no insurance? are you confident?
Im hoping for pharmacy, dont want my first choice now so will ring the unis direct on thursday. Hope to get durham.

Well I was on a gap year (obv had to retake some exams), but because I'm completing A-levels within three years, the unis tend to increase the requirements by one grade, so Reading normally offer ABB, but now they offer AAB to people like me.

I thought AAB was realistically what I will be getting at the end of the year and there was no other unis I liked, so I applied to Reading and Herts (but withdrew from herts because they were offering the same grades and of course, Reading is a better uni :tongue: ).
Original post by holyfire
If I was given that option I would definitely stay, I have social anxiety so going to a new school is the last option for me, though I understand why she did that. I'll take a look around but I won't think too hard into it until I get my results!

I have to say that I don't know what I'd do in such a situation, and I can see the pros and cons of both options.
Good luck anyway though, hopefully you'll have done better than you think anyway! :smile:
Original post by DJMayes
began catering to the lowest common denominator.

This made me think of a line from The Dead Kennedy's "MTV get off the air" - worth a listen if you can spare a few minutes.
Original post by ColourDog
Scottish students?

he says he applied to leeds and has had his place confirmed since sunday..seems very strange !
Original post by jarasta
Yeah same I want Thursday so bad that I've adopted some logic to make the wait go faster. For me nights usually fly by, so I end up sleeping late and waking up in the afternoon. By the the day is practically over. So like at the moment its six, Tuesday is pretty much over, in that it's night time soon and when I wake up tomorrow Wednesday will be practically over after a few hours it will be Thursday, broken logic maybe. But it makes me feel like the days are going by faster.

Yeahh I get what you mean, I may try that, however I have to be up at 6:15 tomorrow morning because I'm taking my dad to work so that I can have the car. I'll go back to sleep though :P

Latest