The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishkmistry
i think the main concern is the predicted grades!

how do predictions get set at yours?
Sigh. Should register tomorrow.

Grade boundaries for C3 shed better be low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can't she text you at midnight?:moon:

She could but won't -.-
Reply 5323
Original post by Melthusa
Average Oxford applicants DO NOT have an average A* percentage of 0.94. This is totally incorrect.

I'm studying at Oxford, I got very similar GCSEs to you and everyone around me has pretty similar in terms of GCSE grades. Surely you get the odd person who got 11 A*, but the majority of people only have about 4 or 5.

On the website it says there was a mean of 94% A* - but obviously if it's a mean the people who got 100% will have brought it up quite a lot.

It's an annoying criteria though! I would have got 90% but I got an A in an early GCSE. I could've got an A* but I was a full year younger and didn't really appreciate that it could be important one day! :redface:

Also if you smash the BMAT then you have a pretty good chance I hear because they're used together!
Original post by MathsNerd1
She could but won't -.-

Call her :colone:

Bombard her with texts :lol:
Reply 5325
Not going to bother looking at grade boundaries, every time I have it's just made me more worried :tongue:
Original post by Llewellyn

YESSS!
Call her :colone:

Bombard her with texts :lol:

I'm not that desperate to know :tongue:
Original post by kevsamuel
9gag is better ;P

le 9gag*
Original post by Toya
Has anyone else found that they've been getting calmer as D Day gets closer? Cause this time last week I was bouncing off the walls whereas now I'm leisurely sipping a drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 'drink' :wink: :beer:
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm not that desperate to know :tongue:

Tbf, I'd rather have the experience of finding out too:tongue:
Anyone else here waiting for AS results in English Lit, Latin (both OCR), Religious Studies and Russian (Edexcel)??
Original post by DolSnow
On the website it says there was a mean of 94% A* - but obviously if it's a mean the people who got 100% will have brought it up quite a lot.

It's an annoying criteria though! I would have got 90% but I got an A in an early GCSE. I could've got an A* but I was a full year younger and didn't really appreciate that it could be important one day! :redface:

Also if you smash the BMAT then you have a pretty good chance I hear because they're used together!

I think Melthusa might be talking about courses at Oxford generally? Whereas you're thinking of Medicine where the average % A*s for a shortlisted applicant is 94.
what to do up to midnight...
Original post by adi19956
Hi fellow Nerdfighter. Where do you get such detailed admissions statistics for Oxford, I've looked, but never found it. Not looking v for medicine BTW

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DFTBA. If you google 'medical admissions statistics oxford' you get a page about it. Not sure if it works for other subjects, sorry
Original post by Robbie242
what to do up to midnight...

I'm watching The Matrix Trilogy tonight and I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow... probably more films/TV series. Might rewatch all of GoT to pass the time
Tbf, I'd rather have the experience of finding out too:tongue:

Yeah, I'm not actually nervous at all yet, its probably because I'm certain about getting into my insurance so don't have much to worry about :tongue:
Reply 5337
Late night boizz

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is everybody expecting and hoping for? :woo:
Reply 5339
I can't believe it's on Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest