Squat:

132.5*3,1+f,1,6*3

PP:

78*6*1

Deadlift:

145*2*5

BB curls:

45*2*6

Think I'm gonna add an extra week working back up to my squat rep max as these are so close to failure. Indeed I did actually fail the second set by letting the weight go onto my toes. Think I'm gonna do the same to deadlift just to be safe.
Reply 221
Saturday:

Press:

78.5*2

PP:

70*3*1

Squat:

100*2*5

BB curls:

52.5*5+f,3,3

A problem with my training seems to be that if something negatively affects my training it's very hard to get back to top form again, something which I should probably read up on.
Reply 222
Monday:

Squat:

152.5*3

PP:

85*1

Deadlift:

142.5*5
167.5*5
190*5

Good day today. Nothing felt that strenuous. If only Mercury, Venus and Saturn could align with the pyramids when PRs are around the corner then I would be ok.

Was also delighted that someone went up to me to compliment my squats saying how nice it is to see someone squat a fair amount of weight properly rather than the standard 1 or 2 plate quarter squats that everyone does.
Reply 223
Tuesday:

Press:

57.5*8*3

DB curls:

22.5*4*6

CG incline press (~30 degrees)

135lb*2*5

oooh two new exercises I'm introducing to my blog for the first time. Exciting stuff!

Adding in some Close grip inclines as an OH variation in an attempt to reap some new adaptations while continuing to do roughly the same template just with higher intensity. Started light and it didn't feel too bad (felt quite tricep dominant which is good) despite a bit of fatigue from doing eight sets of OHP, would've liked the gym to have a 45 degree incline for better similarity but beggars can't be choosers. + It's going to be nice to have my pecs back to their former glory as they've deflated a bit from no work over the past half a year+. Probably going to be sore tomorrow because of this despite the easiness of the sets.

I'm thinking I won't progress these inclines in the same way as I would other exercises as I'm already doing a lot of pressing work and I think maxing out on pressing 3x a week may be detrimental. These are only meant to be for assistance anyway although I may swap its role with PP. In lieu of this I will probably use RPEs to progress. Maybe aiming for RPE 8-8.5 every tuesday.
Original post by Jtking3000
Tuesday:

Press:

57.5*8*3

DB curls:

22.5*4*6

CG incline press (~30 degrees)

135lb*2*5

oooh two new exercises I'm introducing to my blog for the first time. Exciting stuff!

Adding in some Close grip inclines as an OH variation in an attempt to reap some new adaptations while continuing to do roughly the same template just with higher intensity. Started light and it didn't feel too bad (felt quite tricep dominant which is good) despite a bit of fatigue from doing eight sets of OHP, would've liked the gym to have a 45 degree incline for better similarity but beggars can't be choosers. + It's going to be nice to have my pecs back to their former glory as they've deflated a bit from no work over the past half a year+. Probably going to be sore tomorrow because of this despite the easiness of the sets.

I'm thinking I won't progress these inclines in the same way as I would other exercises as I'm already doing a lot of pressing work and I think maxing out on pressing 3x a week may be detrimental. These are only meant to be for assistance anyway although I may swap its role with PP. In lieu of this I will probably use RPEs to progress. Maybe aiming for RPE 8-8.5 every tuesday.

Always wondered why you press so much?
Reply 225
Original post by AreebWithaHat
Always wondered why you press so much?

1. I personally find that the weaker the exercise, and hence less overall stressful, the more work you need to progress it. Makes intuitive sense to me as a lot of Bench press programs and strong pressers do high frequency high volume pressing yet most people can make progress on Deadlifts just doing a 5RM every week with a few lighter sets. I think there's a general trend you see when looking at people's lifts progress where despite doing roughly the same stuff for squats,bench or press, generally the squat tends to progress slightly better than the others.

2. There are many people who train every day and become very strong. You often here of the infamous squatting everyday that Oly lifters do. Well back in the day there were people who trained the Press for the Olympics and they did a similar thing. So in that fashion I'm trying to do my own way of becoming awesome.

3. Increasing work capacity is kinda necessary to keep getting stronger as a natty imo (without going into any detail of why I think that)
1. I personally find that the weaker the exercise, and hence less overall stressful, the more work you need to progress it. Makes intuitive sense to me as a lot of Bench press programs and strong pressers do high frequency high volume pressing yet most people can make progress on Deadlifts just doing a 5RM every week with a few lighter sets. I think there's a general trend you see when looking at people's lifts progress where despite doing roughly the same stuff for squats,bench or press, generally the squat tends to progress slightly better than the others.

2. There are many people who train every day and become very strong. You often here of the infamous squatting everyday that Oly lifters do. Well back in the day there were people who trained the Press for the Olympics and they did a similar thing. So in that fashion I'm trying to do my own way of becoming awesome.

3. Increasing work capacity is kinda necessary to keep getting stronger as a natty imo (without going into any detail of why I think that)

Thanks for the insight :smile:
Reply 227
Thursday:

Squat:

135*8*3

PP:

75*12*1

Press:

47.5*2*5

DB curls:

20*2*6

Deadlift:

147.5*2*5
Reply 228
Saturday:

Press:

67.5*3

PP:

67.5*3*1

Squat:

102.5*2*5

DB curls:

25*5

EZ.
Reply 229
Monday:

Squat:

157.5*3

PP:

87.5*1

Deadlift:

147.5*5
170*5
195*5

Squat was very hard. Think I'll continue up in 2.5kg. Better safe than no gainzzzz.

Deadlift started off feeling a bit meh. Was even going to just do 192.5kg but then I suddenly felt a lot better so I then went back to plan A and did 195kg, rather easily. Defo think I'm good for 200kg+ in a couple weeks which will be fun to regularly be pulling that amount. I think Deadlifting twice a week has definitely helped me.
Reply 230
Tuesday:

Press:

60*8*3

DB curls:

22.5*5*6

CG incline press:

140lb*2*5

Press almost felt like speed work.
Reply 231
Thursday:

Squat:

137.5*8*3

PP:

78*12*1

Press:

47.5*2*5

DB curls:

22.5*2*6

Deadlift:

147.5*2*5
Reply 232
Saturday:

Press:

70*3

PP:

70*3*1

Squat:

102.5*2*5

DB curls:

25*2*5
Reply 233
Monday:

Squat:

160*3

PP:

90*1

Deadlift:

147.5*5
172.5*5
197.5*5

Squat was hard but doable. Think I was right in just sticking to 2.5kg increments. Was a little worried doing it though as my right abductor felt a bit weird when walking around.

Deadlift felt pretty good. Estimate that I'm at the very least in for a 5kg PR this cycle.
Reply 234
Tuesday:

Press:

62.5*8*3

CG incline press:

145lb*2*5

DB curls:

22.5*6*6
Reply 235
Thursday:

Squat:

140*8*3

DB curls:

22.5*2*6

PP:

80*12*1

Press:

50*2*5

Deadlift:

150*2*5

Quads are getting toasted after squats. Seems to be making them jooooooccceeeyyy though.
Reply 236
Saturday:

Press:

72.5*3

PP:

72.5*3*1

Squat:

105*2*5

DB curls:

25*3*5

Felt a bit meh but was alright.
Reply 237
Monday:

Squat:

162.5*3

PP:

92.5*1

Deadlift:

150*5
175*5
200*5 (PB)

Squat felt alright, better than last week.

PP felt hard and I nearly injured myself because the bar was bent a bit, nearly causing me to hurt my back and twist my arm.

Deadlift pretty good until the 5th rep when the same bent bar I think caused me to round my back. Probably the first time I ever struggled with a lockout because of it. Need to avoid using it in the future. Still a nice PB with more to come :biggrin:
nice PB, should have an easy 210 single
Reply 239
Deadlift pretty good until the 5th rep when the same bent bar I think caused me to round my back. Probably the first time I ever struggled with a lockout because of it. Need to avoid using it in the future. Still a nice PB with more to come :biggrin:

Nice, man.

Quick Reply

Latest