The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Back off holiday with boyfriend... I think I was actually happy?!?! like real happy not fake happy... I don't know I am confused.. but now I'm back to this crap.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yes, that's me. Well, actually making friends in the first place isn't always too hard, depending on the situation and the people I meet. But actually maintaining long lasting friendships has always been quite tricky for me. I can get on well with nice people, but we somehow manage to drift apart over time to the point where we hardly talk anymore, and if we do it's only every once in a while. And finding people with a lot of the same interests as me is quite difficult, to the point where I don't really have a close friend right now, which is a bit annoying but oh well. The closest thing I have to a best friend now is probably my boyfriend, though I have to be careful not to be too reliant on him for everything, and even we don't have all the same tastes in everything.

Oh man this is me. A really good friend from uni, I haven't spoken to him in maybe half a year. I know this is wrong, but I can't change it.
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Back off holiday with boyfriend... I think I was actually happy?!?! like real happy not fake happy... I don't know I am confused.. but now I'm back to this crap.

That's really good :smile:
Original post by lalalaliv
I hope everyone doesn't mind me butting in this thread, as I've never posted in it before. Just feeling quite down today. I've never been diagnosed with anything but my life just seems to be a constant struggle between feeling extremely high, motivated and good about everything in general, to a sudden often very irrational dip into just feeling so low, not even wanting to get out of bed or bothering to make myself something to eat. It's very tiring and what make me feel worse is that my problems are so minuscule compared to the suffering of others.

I feel that same way. Some people on here have been on medication, I never have and at first I thought who am I to whine on here. But I think at the end of the day, we shouldn't compare each other who has it worse. If you struggle in life then come and post here. Plus people are really friendly :h:
I feel sooooooo low today. I really wonder how much longer I can keep going through life. My mental resilience is just horrendous, my motivation for most things is slowly disappearing, and it feels like it might be just a matter of time until I finally crack.
Reply 5845
Original post by 08batee
Can't help but think this is all a big mistake.

I really really hope you are ok... Pm me or just let me know you are safe!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel sooooooo low today. I really wonder how much longer I can keep going through life. My mental resilience is just horrendous, my motivation for most things is slowly disappearing, and it feels like it might be just a matter of time until I finally crack.

It does get better I promise :hugs:
Quite a few days late but big shout out to FuzzySheep who I may or may not have totally melted over on a while back :colondollar: She's AMAZING :h: :yep: :love:
Original post by Noodlzzz
It does get better I promise :hugs:

Thanks for the reply :hugs:. I'm now trying to drown out my thoughts and feelings by blaring music into my ears, and it's helping a bit, even if it's just temporary. I really do hope things get better, as I'm tired of always feeling super annoyed by anything I dislike and disappointed with my life :sigh:
Original post by Anonymous
That's really good :smile:

Just a shame I have to come back home to total crap. As my psychiatrist says, either I'll go to uni and get out of here or move out somehow.
Hope you're doing okay

Hey, sometimes watching Ellen helps me

It doesn't solve your problems but it makes me smile sometimes :smile:

I had a day out with my mum today and it was a great day, but over long periods of it I just couldn't let go. Kept thinking about my problems, about my worries. People always say "be positive" but I think some of us just find that hard, let go of everything and enjoy things, life.

I think that is why overall my childhood was so great and I remember it fondly and have trouble "growing up", because you are so much more care-free. Now when you have to make a way in life it's harder, problems weighing you down, demotivating. You're not alone, hang in there! Cuddle your boyfriend if you can, don't have to dump stuff on him, just lie with him?
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Just a shame I have to come back home to total crap. As my psychiatrist says, either I'll go to uni and get out of here or move out somehow.
Hope you're doing okay

That is a shame yes, but I think you can keep that memory and build on the knowledge that you can be happy in life. That is a very important insight.

Thanks I am somewhat now actually. I am actually sitting down a bit calmer, preparing for my interviews tomorrow. My thesis is also, slowly but, progressing and once that is done one huge drain on me will be gone.
Reply 5852
It's 2 years since my dad died on Thursday as well as results day, that toppled with me currently being on 1/4 of the dose of my AD as it's tapered off for me to start a new one mean it's going to be oh so fun :h: I wish my mum was more supportive but she is just utterly miserable to be around, it's like being around a Dementor.
Original post by Idle
It's 2 years since my dad died on Thursday as well as results day, that toppled with me currently being on 1/4 of the dose of my AD as it's tapered off for me to start a new one mean it's going to be oh so fun :h: I wish my mum was more supportive but she is just utterly miserable to be around, it's like being around a Dementor.

You've still got me on Skype, yes yes? Get in touch if you need to. My dad has my laptop half the time so I'm not online very much but if there's anything I can do to help, would be happy to :kissing2:

PS. That's a friendly kiss, not a Dementor's kiss! Just saying :colondollar:
Original post by danny111
That is a shame yes, but I think you can keep that memory and build on the knowledge that you can be happy in life. That is a very important insight.

Thanks I am somewhat now actually. I am actually sitting down a bit calmer, preparing for my interviews tomorrow. My thesis is also, slowly but, progressing and once that is done one huge drain on me will be gone.

That's true, it just felt so so so weird I haven't been happy for at least 4 years so it kind of felt alien.
:hugs: good luck and well done for getting on with your thesis.

Original post by Idle

I'm so sorry to hear that, not a good date for you but you're strong enough and can get through it. I'll probably be on here quite a lot on results day... probably won't end up looking at ucas or resutls for hours out of fear! Good luck!
As for the bit in bold I totally understand how you feel about that :frown:
Original post by 08batee
Can't help but think this is all a big mistake.

Hi, not entirely sure what you mean, but even if it is, mistakes happen (if this is something specific). Over time it will be fine. As long as it is not a mistake that permanently damaged your health, it will be fine.

If it is more general comment, then yes I can see that. If you want to rant, we are here to listen. Things will get better though, I am sure.
Original post by Idle

You haven't lost your humour, I think that's great!
Reply 5857
Hi, not entirely sure what you mean, but even if it is, mistakes happen (if this is something specific). Over time it will be fine. As long as it is not a mistake that permanently damaged your health, it will be fine.

If it is more general comment, then yes I can see that. If you want to rant, we are here to listen. Things will get better though, I am sure.

Thanks. It was more of a general comment, nothing specific really. Sort of feel like my life and existence is like a mistake, or a joke. Like everything is just one massive mistake. I don't know really. :nothing:
Original post by 08batee
:jumphug: :jumphug:
I've been on it for a short time but it made me very dizzy and I gained weight. I didn't like it at all, but everyone's different and it might well be really beneficial :yes:

Thanks lovely.:hugs: I seem to be quite prone to getting the dizzy side effects from tablets- hope that isn't the case with these ones! :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Well done for doing it. It's horrible when hard stuff comes up but hopefully it will mean they're better able to help you.

I just stopped quetiapine after being on it about a year and a half. Like the other person mentioned there was some weight gain although this tailed off and only becatme a problem again when I increased the dose. It's also got a reputation as being quite sedating and it certainly was for me; I'd take it and an hour later I could barely lift my arms above my head I was so tired. This didn't wear off. Although tbh I miss that side effect as I'm having huge problems sleeping now. I'd say it's worth giving it a shot as it helps a lot of people.

Thank you. :hugs: It certainly made me sleep last night! :eek: Not complaining there as I have major problems with sleep. Hoping I have more luck with this than with the risperidone.:s-smilie:
Hey, sometimes watching Ellen helps me

It doesn't solve your problems but it makes me smile sometimes :smile:

I had a day out with my mum today and it was a great day, but over long periods of it I just couldn't let go. Kept thinking about my problems, about my worries. People always say "be positive" but I think some of us just find that hard, let go of everything and enjoy things, life.

I think that is why overall my childhood was so great and I remember it fondly and have trouble "growing up", because you are so much more care-free. Now when you have to make a way in life it's harder, problems weighing you down, demotivating. You're not alone, hang in there! Cuddle your boyfriend if you can, don't have to dump stuff on him, just lie with him?

Thanks for the reply. I'm watching something else at the moment, but I'll give the Ellen video a view soon.

My childhood was OK. Apart from a bit of bullying and isolation at school, I never went through any massive traumas so I guess I should be kinda grateful. Yeah, I agree that being a child probably is so much easier than being an adult. I sometimes get so envious of my little 8 year old sister and how easy she's got it at the moment.

Oh, and I don't have the chance to cuddle my boyfriend for at least another two weeks, because he lives 400 miles away from me, and it's one of the many things getting me down at the moment, because I know I can't just up and see him whenever I want :frown:. But oh well, not much I can do right now but just somehow put up with it until I can ever afford to move out of my home and go live in his city (if that'll even ever happen soon - this job market is so hopeless).

Latest